Cloke ban a blow for St Kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Cloke ban a blow for St Kilda

This is the headline on the lead sporting story on the ninemsn website.
I logged on to read what disaster had befallen us now, only to find that the story was that Cloke had been given 3 matches (2 if he pleads guilty) by the MRP.

Could someone more knowledgable on media reporting please explain why his suspension is 'a blow for St kilda'?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Blow to St Kilda because Collingwood don't have many players who have the ability to regularly butcher shots on goal.

Last time around it felt like we were playing with 23.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Blow to St Kilda because Collingwood don't have many players who have the ability to regularly butcher shots on goal.

:lol: :lol:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
axcellence
Club Player

It is a blow to St Kilda who couldn't show him up for the pedestrian player he is and giving an excuse to malthouse.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

It's bad news for Dawes (he'll be getting plenty of attention).

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Blow to St Kilda because Collingwood don't have many players who have the ability to regularly butcher shots on goal.

Spot on Beej. I was hoping he got off. Was a definite advantage to us in round 3.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Its a typo in the heading.

Meant to be:

"Cloke Offers to Blow St Kilda"

Nice of him but I'm sure we'll pass..

“Yeah….nah””
AP Erebus
Club Player

It's a blow as they bring in someone competent and worthy of a defender...

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Cloke ban a blow for St Kilda

Mr Magic wrote:This is the headline on the lead sporting story on the ninemsn website.
I logged on to read what disaster had befallen us now, only to find that the story was that Cloke had been given 3 matches (2 if he pleads guilty) by the MRP.

Could someone more knowledgable on media reporting please explain why his suspension is 'a blow for St kilda'?
On Sunday the Sky News ticker on the plane had a headline that St Kilda's Cloke had been charged with striking.

I assumed at the time Ross was taking up fashion, perhaps there's more to it.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I thought the headline was

Cloke scores blow at St.Kilda

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

see plugger...others don't think the guy can play footy either......i have a couple of daughters who would have give him a thrashing........and not only on a footy field either...on ya ninsmsm for belng truthful for once and telling it like it really is..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:see plugger...others don't think the guy can play footy either......i have a couple of daughters who would have give him a thrashing........and not only on a footy field either...on ya ninsmsm for belng truthful for once and telling it like it really is..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Well if it is a couple of Saints supporters who think he cant play then it is official. Travis Cloke cant play.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:see plugger...others don't think the guy can play footy either......i have a couple of daughters who would have give him a thrashing........and not only on a footy field either...on ya ninsmsm for belng truthful for once and telling it like it really is..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Well if it is a couple of Saints supporters who think he cant play then it is official. Travis Cloke cant play.

of course he can't play...he's a big girls blouse ffs..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

don't think the guys at nine msm are saints supporters though.....none of the clokes have every impressed me...and that includes mum and dad and uncle peter.....who by the way is a member of the mrp..... so that should make a few pple think.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I'm terribly dissapointed cloke isn't playing.

His capacity to pick off dawson, blake, Gilbert and fisher with pinpoint passes from the half forward line giving us tremendous run through the centre will be missed.

I was hoping st kilda would support any appeal to allow this fantastic player to field up for us on saturday.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

of course he can't play...he's a big girls blouse ffs..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

don't think the guys at nine msm are saints supporters though.....none of the clokes have every impressed me...and that includes mum and dad and uncle peter.....who by the way is a member of the mrp..... so that should make a few pple think.....
Geez, he can dish out a decent elbow though, ouch! Now that's talent.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

No Appeal ???? :twisted: :twisted: WTF ....Get him off Eddie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

The Cloke Family are a full house of Half Wits

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Skildir
Club Player

Had to laugh when I saw this on Big Footy from a Pies supporter in relation to a rumour Goddard was injured.

'he is their most important player... will help square the ledger a bit with cloke gone...'

I always thought Cloke was the new Lance Franklin!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Skildir wrote:Had to laugh when I saw this on Big Footy from a Pies supporter in relation to a rumour Goddard was injured.

'he is their most important player... will help square the ledger a bit with cloke gone...'
!
well cloke is their 'star' CHF... :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cloke ban a blow for St Kilda

Mr Magic wrote:This is the headline on the lead sporting story on the ninemsn website.

Thats what you get when websites are updated in Sydney ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor