Collingwood Game Ticket

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood Game Ticket

Hi all,

Not familiar at all with the G but Im after 1 GA ticket (happy to stand).

Can I get this now? do you walk up on the day or whats the best way?

Any help appreciated.

Tks

“Yeah….nah””
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Just get tere by 1pm at the latest to get a reasonable seat
Get your ticket and walk in

Marcus1232
Club Player

From what i have been hearing there could be in excess of 85,000 so i recommend getting there early if u dont have a booked seat.

Unfortunatley for me My mate is a collingwood supporter and got me a ticket in with him and the filth so i get to Fear for my safety after we win

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The MCG dont let you pre-buy GA tickets, so you are stuck with getting one on the day. Its stupid, I'm suire many people would happily pay the booking fee to avoid having to queue up twice at big games like this

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

From the mcc website here it is:

AFL Round 16 - Collingwood v St Kilda

Jul 17, 2010

Event: AFL - Round 16
Teams: Collingwood v St Kilda
Date: Saturday July 17
Start time: 2.10pm

Gate opening times:
Public/AFL members - 12.00pm
MCC members - 11.30am

Tickets:
Tickets are now available for purchase via Ticketek .

General admission seating areas:

Great Southern Stand
Q1 – Q15

Ponsford Stand
Q29 – Q30
Q31 rows K-MM
Q32 rows F-MM
Q33 rows K-MM
Q34 rows L-MM
Q35 – Q36 rows K-MM

Car park openings:
Gate 3 – 8.00am
Gate 5 – 10.00am
Gate 6 – 11.00am
Gate 7 – 9.00am (Media and corporate passes only)

Crowd estimate: 75,000

TAB outlets open: 12.00pm

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Thanks to all for your help.

I shall get there early.

“Yeah….nah””
saintnick12
Club Player

Any ideas on which end will be the saints end at this game. Checked the cheersquad thread, but it also said city end for the geelong game and we ended up being at the punt rd end. It says punt rd end for this game and that seems to be the case with tickets, but just checking if anyone knows.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
sainter35
Club Player

Definitely Punt Rd end.

Pies are always in the Ponsford Stand.
Last edited by sainter35 on Tue 13 Jul 2010 11:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Any ideas on which end will be the saints end at this game. Checked the cheersquad thread, but it also said city end for the geelong game and we ended up being at the punt rd end. It says punt rd end for this game and that seems to be the case with tickets, but just checking if anyone knows.
Yeah it is punt road end, collingwood home game, they always have the city end.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

So you can only buy standing room tickets at the gate?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
sainter35
Club Player

You can't pre-book GA tickets as saint66au said so you'll need to buy a ticket on the day and either stand or head to Q level in the Southern Stand (Gate 4 & 5) or the Ponsford Stand (Gate 1).

As the Ponsford Stand is the Collingwood Social Club, our supporters are better off sitting in the Southern Stand.
Last edited by sainter35 on Tue 13 Jul 2010 11:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintnick12
Club Player

Thanks guys :D

Just trying to decide whether to buy tix or take a chance on getting there early and getting a seat on Level 4 in the Southern stand.

Only tickets at the punt rd end are in the gods in the olympic stand so i'm not paying $35 each for them. Some reasonable ones available at the edges of the ponsford on level 4 - either next to the afl members or next to the mcc members. Thinking of buying them. even though its the wrong end. Or do I take the risk of trying to get there on the day.

Decisions decisions.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
sainter35
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:Thanks guys :D

Just trying to decide whether to buy tix or take a chance on getting there early and getting a seat on Level 4 in the Southern stand.

Only tickets at the punt rd end are in the gods in the olympic stand so i'm not paying $35 each for them. Some reasonable ones available at the edges of the ponsford on level 4 - either next to the afl members or next to the mcc members. Thinking of buying them. even though its the wrong end. Or do I take the risk of trying to get there on the day.

Decisions decisions.
Well it's a Collingwood home game so we're going to be outnumbered regardless of where we sit.

I don't like sitting on level 4 so decided to go with a mate with a MCC membership and get a guest pass.

As Q1-Q15 has been designated as the GA area if you get there early you can get yourself a seat right near the front of Level 4. That's probably your best option IF you can get there early. Otherwise, it might be worth pre-booking a reserved seat.

saintnick12
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:

Decisions decisions.
Well it's a Collingwood home game so we're going to be outnumbered regardless of where we sit.

I don't like sitting on level 4 so decided to go with a mate with a MCC membership and get a guest pass.

As Q1-Q15 has been designated as the GA area if you get there early you can get yourself a seat right near the front of Level 4. That's probably your best option IF you can get there early. Otherwise, it might be worth pre-booking a reserved seat.
Thanks for that. We just had a family phone conference :wink: and have decided to go early and sit on level 4 southern stand. Going to get there about 12.45. Hate going early and nearly always buy seats for big games (SC for our home games and usually buy reserve seats at the bigger away games), but these ones don't seem worth it. Don't want to be in the middle of the Collingwood rabble in the ponsford and the seats in the olympic stand being offered were top deck MM - i'm not paying $35 for them. So we've decided to go early. It won't kill me this once :wink: Then at least we can try and sit with other saints.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
sainter35 wrote:

Decisions decisions.

Thanks for that. We just had a family phone conference :wink: and have decided to go early and sit on level 4 southern stand. Going to get there about 12.45. Hate going early and nearly always buy seats for big games (SC for our home games and usually buy reserve seats at the bigger away games), but these ones don't seem worth it. Don't want to be in the middle of the Collingwood rabble in the ponsford and the seats in the olympic stand being offered were top deck MM - i'm not paying $35 for them. So we've decided to go early. It won't kill me this once :wink: Then at least we can try and sit with other saints.
For this game 12:45 really isnt that early. Happy to be proven wrong afterwards, but I reckon you'll be lucky to score a seat in the front few rows of level 4 if youre only arriving at the ground then.
Anyways, when you do get there, make your way round to Q14. the Moorabin Wing crowd will be there and hopefully it will be as good a Saiints stronghold as anywhere in the ground outside the CS:-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintnick12
Club Player

Hi guys,

Just an update on this. I have been playing around on Ticketek seeing if any other suitable tickets were released as I really would prefer to buy them but nothing suitable was available. As we all know, they continue to release them depending on demand.

I just happened to log on about 1/2 an hour ago and plugged in the details and up popped Q14 Row J. So I bought them. (Adults $35, Junior upgrade 3.30). We are only 11 game members so had to pay the full price rather than the upgrade price for the adults.

Just so you know they have started selling reserve seats in Q14 which you were hoping to use as the Moorabbin Wing, so you might need to rethink that. Looks like they have started selling in the southern stand at q14 and will move along from there depending on demand.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Hi guys,

Just an update on this. I have been playing around on Ticketek seeing if any other suitable tickets were released as I really would prefer to buy them but nothing suitable was available. As we all know, they continue to release them depending on demand.

I just happened to log on about 1/2 an hour ago and plugged in the details and up popped Q14 Row J. So I bought them. (Adults $35, Junior upgrade 3.30). We are only 11 game members so had to pay the full price rather than the upgrade price for the adults.

Just so you know they have started selling reserve seats in Q14 which you were hoping to use as the Moorabbin Wing, so you might need to rethink that. Looks like they have started selling in the southern stand at q14 and will move along from there depending on demand.
Thanks...nice of them to update the website to reflect this..NOT!!!!!

Its possible that they are selling only the front 9-10 rows of Q14 then will move along to Q13 and so on....I might ring Ticketek and find out wtf is going on

Thanks HEAPS for the Heads up!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintnick12
Club Player

No worries saint66au.
I just did another trial purchase and it came up Q14 row R, so looks like they are going through further back in Q14 as well.
As you said, nice of them to update the website, not.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK

I spoke to a really helpful and sympathetic bloke at Ticketek.

He said that the MCG pretty much do as they please and are not great at advising the public of changes to seating arrangements. He also said they are renowned for offloading crap seats first then going back and releasing better ones later (I think weve all encountered this when booking finals tickets there)

FOR NOW..only Q14 is being sold as reserved..and only the back half of it. The front half of Q14 is currently not available for Ticketek to sell...nor is anything from Q1-Q13

His advice? Dont trust the MCG website, do as saintnick12 was doing and do a trial purchase every so often tomorrow and see where they are selling reserved seats. He doubts they will move beyond Q14 but couldnt garauntee it. Theres still reserved seating available on Q level of the Olympic Stand also

He DID assure me though there WILL BE walkup seating on the day..just couldnt say exactly how much

Refreshing honestly and helpfulness from a ticketing agency and I thanked him sincerely for his time[/u]

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

don't forget your flea powder. 8-)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK

He said that the MCG pretty much do as they please and are not great at advising the public of changes to seating arrangements. He also said they are renowned for offloading crap seats first then going back and releasing better ones later (I think weve all encountered this when booking finals tickets there)

FOR NOW..only Q14 is being sold as reserved..and only the back half of it. The front half of Q14 is currently not available for Ticketek to sell...nor is anything from Q1-Q13

His advice? Dont trust the MCG website, do as saintnick12 was doing and do a trial purchase every so often tomorrow and see where they are selling reserved seats. He doubts they will move beyond Q14 but couldnt garauntee it. Theres still reserved seating available on Q level of the Olympic Stand also

He DID assure me though there WILL BE walkup seating on the day..just couldnt say exactly how much

Refreshing honestly and helpfulness from a ticketing agency and I thanked him sincerely for his time[/u]

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintnick12
Club Player

saint66au wrote:OK

Interesting that they have sold the back half of the bay and left the front half for walk up. Oh well. I bought J and I'm happy with row J and now I don't have go early. And seats on the wing too. Hopefully with the Moorabbin Wing right in front of me :wink:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the update, s66au. I'll just go early.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:

Interesting that they have sold the back half of the bay and left the front half for walk up. Oh well. I bought J and I'm happy with row J and now I don't have go early. And seats on the wing too. Hopefully with the Moorabbin Wing right in front of me :wink:
Wish it were so ...you might find they put the front half on sale tomorrow morning..now theyve gotten rid of the back half..for the same price :roll:

Ill check the ticketek website periodically when I can tomorrow and keep people posted...and we'll make a final decision of the MW location tomorrow evening I reckon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could crack 90,000.

If the weather is ok, I reckon there's a chance.