The form team of the competition

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

backit
Club Player

The form team of the competition

Just watching Fox Sports preview with Lynch, Russell and Spud. Alistair Lynch comes out with classic statement " Richmond is the form team of the competition after Geelong at the moment". Thats odd we have won seven 7 in a row, Richmond has won 4, Geelong 2, that would to me make us the form team of the competition.

Again an ex player paid as a expert commentator who has no respectability or creditability with stupid comments like this.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Considering we are the only team to have beaten either of these sides recently and we have beaten both recently.

saint3d
Club Player

There's a difference between being in form and actually winning matches. St Kilda has been winning every week but hasn't looked impressive every week.

So if you ask me it's a pretty good effort to have beaten the two form teams of the competition recently, without actually having been in very good form in the first place!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: The form team of the competition

backit wrote:we have won seven 7 in a row
That is a great stat. Who's under the radar?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:Just watching Fox Sports preview with Lynch, Russell and Spud. Alistair Lynch comes out with classic statement " Richmond is the form team of the competition after Geelong at the moment". Thats odd we have won seven 7 in a row, Richmond has won 4, Geelong 2, that would to me make us the form team of the competition.

Again an ex player paid as a expert commentator who has no respectability or creditability with stupid comments like this.
We play to win, not to win pretty.

They like pretty wins. Watch them dry hump the Dogs all week. Loosest game of the year against a Blues side incapable of tackling (apparently) and all of a sudden it will be all about how the Dog's will run over the world.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bozza1980
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
backit wrote:we have won seven 7 in a row
That is a great stat. Who's under the radar?
It's a beautiful thing isn't it.

Trail the premiership leaders by percentage only, the only team to have beaten every other team in the top 6, won 7 in a row yet all the talk is of other teams.

Brilliant.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The footy media is a bunch of hacks that walk around with preconcieved ideas about teams. We are still seen as honest plodders that play above our talent. They will rush out stories of an unlikely premier team if we win and say they always knew it was going to happen. teams that have the wind blown up them by the media have a history of dissappointment. Let them over inflate Geelong and the Dogs, it will only make the pain greater for them all.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saints

2009 played 25 games.....for 22 wins....3 losses

2010 played 15 games ....for 12 wins.....3 losses...

for all the alberts in the press...that equals 40 games for 34 wins...6 losses...

next best is geelong with 33 wins and 7 losses......daylight is third on this list....

.....tigers f****** form team my arse.... :twisted: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bozza1980
Club Player

stinger wrote:saints

2009 played 25 games.....for 22 wins....3 losses

2010 played 15 games ....for 12 wins.....3 losses...

for all the alberts in the press...that equals 40 games for 34 wins...6 losses...

next best is geelong with 33 wins and 7 losses......daylight is third on this list....

.....tigers f****** form team my arse.... :twisted: :evil:
What are you talking about, 4 wins from your last 5 games is much better than 7 wins especially when your loss was to the team with 7 straight wins.

It is so obvious that the Tiges form line is better than everyone elses, look at their opponents, 3 of them are collectively 2 & 24 in the last 8 rounds.

They are beating the best teams in the comp and noone has won more games than them in the last 5 weeks. :roll:

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
ThePunter
Club Player

Richmond have won five of their last six. Taking into account only those six rounds...

FORM LADDER

St Kilda 6-0
Geelong 5-1
Hawthorn 5-1
Richmond 5-1
Collingwood 4-1-1
Adelaide 4-2
Carlton 3-3
Fremantle 3-3
North Melbourne 3-3
Sydney 3-3
Western Bulldogs 3-3
Melbourne 1-4-1
Brisbane 1-5
Essendon 1-5
Port Adelaide 0-6
West Coast 0-6

Hmmm.

Legendary
Club Player

Shows that we played Port, Essendon and the Blues at the worst possible time ... just after Rooey went down and when those three sides were in great form.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I thihk its pretty telling that we are equal top of the ladder..having played just ONE four-quarter game for the year

Does anyone else think that we have put together four good quarters this year apart from the North game?

I sure cant.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I thihk its pretty telling that we are equal top of the ladder..having played just ONE four-quarter game for the year

Does anyone else think that we have put together four good quarters this year apart from the North game?

I sure cant.
The closest would have to be the game against Collingwood where we kept them goalless in the second half and that's with Roo being injured during the second quarter and Sam Fisher concussed in the 3rd quarter, but later returned.

We were outscored in the second quarter 2:3 to 3:4 but we had to re jig our side to compensate the loss of Roo.

St Kilda 2.2 4.5 6.6 10.9 69
Collingwood 1.4 4.8 4.14 4.17 41

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Also the last 50 games against all opponents

Saints

Won 40 lost 10 - Winning percentage 80%

Geelong

Won 42 lost 8 - Winning percentage 84%

Collingwood

Won 31 Draw 1 loss 17 - Winning percentage 65%

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I thihk its pretty telling that we are equal top of the ladder..having played just ONE four-quarter game for the year

I sure cant.
I thought we were pretty good in both of the Freo games.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I sure cant.
No, I agree....and considering where we are sitting, it's a pretty exciting concept 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:

I sure cant.
No, I agree....and considering where we are sitting, it's a pretty exciting concept 8-)
+1

Scary to think of how much better we are yet to become this year......

I've gotta feeling.....*pushing the lid back down*

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Griggsy
SS Life Member

bump for funzies.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I heard Robbo on that 360 program claim that the Bulldogs had conceded less points this year than anyone in the competition.

Really?

Saints 1017
Dogs 1133

Furtius Quo Rdelious