Caro predicts our downfall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Caro predicts our downfall

Before Im 85
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caro predicts our downfall

saintsrus wrote:Another stirling story from Caro :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... -zv0q.html
What was that story actually about?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

because RIchmond are still s*** and gutless and she's trying to editorialise because she has fewer and fewer mates inside clubs.

sheehan might be gutless but he has mates in every club.

caro is going down the path of fatpryck as she marginalises all her mates in clubs with poisonous editorialisations.

not making new friends.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
GoTheTorp
Club Player

What another load of rot by this stupid bitch!!

Why is she allowed to take her crayon out of the box and scrawl this dribble is behond me.

Why dont they have a reply to this article like that other roll of crap paper.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Making statements like there may be more to it than meets the eye re the Lovett case, Milne and the 16yo. Gee I'd like to see her served with papers and taken to court to prove her innuendos.
Maybe she should stop listening to the drunks at the bar at her local.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

she did say she thought we would go all the wau on footy claddified on monday

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Meh, personally I think you can read enough between the lines to see she's on the bandwagon for this year. Obviously impressed by our club's strength compared to the rabble of the 80's and 90's.

The rest is just to sell a few papers with another Saints headline. She knows she's got nothing.

GO SAINTS.

philtee
Club Player

A nasty mix of guesswork and opinion, masquerading as serious repoorting.
Quote -
"Whether the off-field social problems of the past eight months are linked and part
of some inner malaise....is irrelevant to St Kilda's chances."
Are they irrelevant ? Then why bring them up?
Are they part of some "inner malaise"? You tell us! You're the reporter!

Quote -
"But if there is a real problem at Moorabbin, it could all unravel pretty quickly after that".
Caro dearest, you're trying to draw parallels between the Saints of now and the Eagles of 2006,
but we're not West Coast, so thanks for dredging up the past, and thanks for predicting a doom-laden future,
based on nothing more than your reading of the tea-leaves.

Schillaci
Club Player

I read this article and thought what an absolute piece of trash journalism. Making thin links between us and WCE to somehow create a story of shite that is only fit to wipe her own butt with.
If you haven't read it do yourself a favour and don't bother. It wont educate you or entertain you. It will just make you dumber and madder for reading it.

jays
Club Player

she really has no idea

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Absolute tripe, she's a poor excuse for a football journalist yet strangely she's still the most credible on Footy Classified. If she's going to bring up the 16yo, why not mention the Pies player? If she's going to bring up the Milne case, why not dig deeper for the truth behind that story coming out? If Lovett is to be mentioned, why not cocentrate on his actions or actually explain what she means by the fallout with the others involved? If they did something illegal, say it (they didn't) or STFU!

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

"...but there is a real possibility he was protected by police"
A real possibility? Why, what does she know that we don't already?
A retired cop re-iterates a complaint he made at the time.
What cunning insider knowledge does she own? She's amazing.

"Why, if the young men had no case to answer, was player manager Ricky Nixon so determined to micro-manage the issue to the point of communicating with the girl on the day she was interviewed by police?"
Why not? It was a media frenzy. He's a player manager. She's amazing.

"But if there is a real problem at Moorabbin, it could all unravel pretty quickly after that."
That's precise. If there is a real problem. If it's real? Is it really possible Wilson? WILSON!! COME BACK WILSON!!
Literally anyone could have made that one up.
That could apply to literally any club.
She's amazing.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SaintDebi
Club Player

Good thing that paper is one of our team sponsors.
Would hate to see what past trashy non event news they'd dredge up if they wern't on our side.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What did she say so wrong?

She needs to fill space and put together a straw man argument to justify it thats all.

Really dont read it if you dont like it.

Personally I thought it was a pretty confused piece. First she talks about WCE and their troubles and their fall in fortunes from 2006 to now, then she says who the Saints troubles of this year are incomparable.

However then she tries to compare them, even though she reckons the Saints have changed their culture and are much or resilient.

She brings up Lovett, then Milne, then the 16 y.o. pregnant girl (and then mysteriously tries to drum up more dirt by inferring Ricky Nixon was to involved in managing the issue?????) and inferrs that this is somehow the same, but not the same, but could be similiar, if...but...maybe.

Really a nothing piece of trying to put two and two together, giving it a back rub, comparing it to an algabretic equation (with WCE as the varible), coming up with the meaning of life (Doug Adams told us that it was 42) and then pondering the future by observing the entrails of a ritually slaughtered Oxen. :wink:

Why get upset about a puff piece?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

How do you know you don't like it if you don't read it? :lol:
100% agree re strawman. A pretty lazy bit of journalism.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Solar
Saintsational Legend

strange article, didn't know if it was arther or martha

As rossy says, play saints footy, keep in that bubble and bank the points...

Remember, bank those points

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Nothing wrong with the article but have there ever been more words that don't actually say anything? How did it get to print?

walski
Club Player

Nothing in it - A puff article .................

Mixed messages imo.

Not worth getting upset about.

walski
Club Player

However then she tries to compare them, even though she reckons the Saints have changed their culture and are much or resilient.
Thats what got me - she almost willing the old saints to come back and for the club to self implode like the old days.

Alot of people within the media want this... Thankfully the club has finally morphed into a professional outfit that saints members have been wanting for along time for the most part.

Seeing these kinda articles are good to see - it shows how far the club has come.

2010 the year of sticking it right up them ;)

Saint4Eva
Club Player

a shhhhhtupid journalishhhht with a shhhhhhtupid lishhhp :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:What did she say so wrong?

She needs to fill space and put together a straw man argument to justify it thats all.

Personally I thought it was a pretty confused piece. First she talks about WCE and their troubles and their fall in fortunes from 2006 to now, then she says who the Saints troubles of this year are incomparable.

She brings up Lovett, then Milne, then the 16 y.o. pregnant girl (and then mysteriously tries to drum up more dirt by inferring Ricky Nixon was to involved in managing the issue?????) and inferrs that this is somehow the same, but not the same, but could be similiar, if...but...maybe.

Really a nothing piece of trying to put two and two together, giving it a back rub, comparing it to an algabretic equation (with WCE as the varible), coming up with the meaning of life (Doug Adams told us that it was 42) and then pondering the future by observing the entrails of a ritually slaughtered Oxen. :wink:

Good assessment. Stats there incompariable - then attempts to compare. What a joke, and I like caro.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:What did she say so wrong?

Good assessment. Stats there incompariable - then attempts to compare. What a joke, and I like caro.
Im with JB on this one.

saint3d
Club Player

I think she's saying that if you win the premiership you can only go downhill from there. So it's better not to win it.

You know, I never thought of it like that before!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Agree with JB, nothing article, but doesn't have too much of a go at us???

saintly
Saintsational Legend

the only interesting bit in the article was when Lovett goes to court, and saints players.

but if something had happened with ssaints players on the night then it would have been brought up as charge to a saints player.