Anderson admits guilt in influencing the tribunal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Anderson admits guilt in influencing the tribunal

THE AFL's football operations manager Adrian Anderson has defended the tough nine-match suspension handed out to Steven Baker, and taken aim at the St Kilda defender's style of football. He said Baker's actions during the Saints' win over Geelong, in particular hitting the injured hand of opponent Steven Johnson, ''is not something we believe highlights aspects of our game that make it a great spectator sport''. ''However, when you are not involved in the play, and you are standing behind the play, and there is a strike on an opponent, or you know an opponent has an injury that he has suffered that game and you are deliberately targeting that injury, that's not something we would want to encourage.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... -zu4k.html

Another opportunity awaits!
Bowey Boy
Club Player

I thought exactly the same thing when I read this!!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Anderson admits guilt in influencing the tribunal

Moccha wrote:THE AFL's football operations manager Adrian Anderson has defended the tough nine-match suspension handed out to Steven Baker, and taken aim at the St Kilda defender's style of football. He said Baker's actions during the Saints' win over Geelong, in particular hitting the injured hand of opponent Steven Johnson, ''is not something we believe highlights aspects of our game that make it a great spectator sport''. ''However, when you are not involved in the play, and you are standing behind the play, and there is a strike on an opponent, or you know an opponent has an injury that he has suffered that game and you are deliberately targeting that injury, that's not something we would want to encourage.''

This is such a disgrace, I still reckon if they were serious about this, the Saints player (was is Fisher?) who pushed Bartel as he was on his way off the field should have been rubbed out before Baker as he was with trainers. Such inconsistancies!! :roll:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

''However, when you are not involved in the play, and you are standing behind the play, and there is a strike on an opponent... that's not something we would want to encourage.''

In light of the Barry Hall/Matt Maguire incident the above statement and the sentence from the article;

"Anderson said the AFL distinguished between behind-the-play incidents and offences that occurred during contests for the football"

made me vomit in my mouth a little...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

HA HA HA HA HA

adrian anderson comes from a long line of administrators that are complete w@nkers.

Was it schwab? I forget, ...

And the other one who gave himself catering contracts at the AFL?

seriously, i support st kilda and screw the AFL.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Sainterman
Club Player

One of the biggest problems the game has is Adrian Anderson. No idea.

Sainterman
Club Player

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 04073.html

An article from 2003 when he was appointed. Not the most popular choice at the time and not the best background in footy. Perhaps explains his poor performance.

I like the but where he says he won't be making many changes....

Shame one of the other 200 candidates didn't get the gig, couldn't have done any worse IMO.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Has all the finesse of a Bunning's sales assistant.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

If they are serious, Brian Lake should get a few weeks for hitting Franklin last night in the solar plexes.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Bowey Boy
Club Player

and marketing of the decision continues...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
backit
Club Player

And Cooney would know how, because he has been around the league for so long now, he plays in a team that snipes at every occasion. Just because he won the Brownlow doesn't make him an expert, let him worry about his team without weighing into other teams and issues just because he will say what they (AFL and the fools running the show) want to hear.

I am pretty much over dial a quote to justify the stance the AFL has taken over Bakes, lets move on AFL it is a new week.

jays
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:If they are serious, Brian Lake should get a few weeks for hitting Franklin last night in the solar plexes.
this is true Image

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:''However, when you are not involved in the play, and you are standing behind the play, and there is a strike on an opponent... that's not something we would want to encourage.''

In light of the Barry Hall/Matt Maguire incident the above statement and the sentence from the article;

"Anderson said the AFL distinguished between behind-the-play incidents and offences that occurred during contests for the football"

made me vomit in my mouth a little...
Then Lake...sorry mate, you're gone. HAVE to be.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Anderson admits guilt in influencing the tribunal

Moccha wrote:THE AFL's football operations manager Adrian Anderson has defended the tough nine-match suspension handed out to Steven Baker, and taken aim at the St Kilda defender's style of football. He said Baker's actions during the Saints' win over Geelong, in particular hitting the injured hand of opponent Steven Johnson, ''is not something we believe highlights aspects of our game that make it a great spectator sport''. ''However, when you are not involved in the play, and you are standing behind the play, and there is a strike on an opponent, or you know an opponent has an injury that he has suffered that game and you are deliberately targeting that injury, that's not something we would want to encourage.''

And the elbow to Baker form Johnson, are "we" as the AFL, encouraging that as an alternative?

Or what Barry Hall did to Goose, that was behind the play.