Geary article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Geary article

Good article on Gears on the Saints website.

We got Geary, Eddy and Cj in the rookie draft that year. three really good finds.

You don't get a success rate like that in the senior draft. All three look like long term players, and CJ is a star.

I like the way Geary is going about his game these days. He is a hard at the contest player, his skills aren't sublime but his enthusiasm to bash and crash makes him one of my faves. He is becoming like a more mobile Luke Ball with the ability to kick more than 10 meters thrown in.

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/new ... fault.aspx

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Not as solid as Luke Ball so gets bumped off the ball easier though.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: Geary article

gringo wrote:Good article on Gears on the Saints website.

We got Geary, Eddy and Cj in the rookie draft that year. three really good finds.

You don't get a success rate like that in the senior draft. All three look like long term players, and CJ is a star.

I like the way Geary is going about his game these days. He is a hard at the contest player, his skills aren't sublime but his enthusiasm to bash and crash makes him one of my faves. He is becoming like a more mobile Luke Ball with the ability to kick more than 10 meters thrown in.

Looks and plays a bit like a young Paul Kelly IMO.

If he end's up a lot like Kelly, we have got a beauty on our hand's :wink:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Geary article

gringo wrote: I like the way Geary is going about his game these days. He is a hard at the contest player, his skills aren't sublime but his enthusiasm to bash and crash makes him one of my faves. He is becoming like a more mobile Luke Ball with the ability to kick more than 10 meters thrown in.

Wouldn't surprise me if Geary finds himself taking on some of the work that would have gone to Baker in coming weeks. First effort will possible go to Dempster, but it could be good for Geary to spend the time on some of the sublime skill guys with a view to him developing some of the tricks.

If Geary could only kick more accurately, he'd be a star himself....

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I think he's really started to show quality now. Been impressive last few weeks. Maybe he's settling into his backline position as appears to suit in the marks he takes, spring out of the 50m arc, and aggressiveness when the ball is in the danger zones. Go get 'em Gears!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches