Anyone feeling a little persecuted at the moment?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Anyone feeling a little persecuted at the moment?

This club needs to come out swinging.

Seriously.

This is some substantial bulltish.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

I am furious. This is insane...

Look at Judd last week, and the swag of incidents thrown out recently for being insuffient force to constitute an offence...

Unbelievable. We CANNOT accept this...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
backit
Club Player

Not persecuted just feeling that the AFL has sets of rules that they trot out when it suits them to make examples of players and clubs because they can.

We all love the conspiracy theories against our club and players and always seem to be the butt of any rule changes, disputes, player or the club being targetted but we have no proof just yet, maybe this time if we take the AFL on we might be able to uncover something because in court they will have to disclose all available evidence to the other party (being us) which might just cause some embarrassment to the AFL and MRP.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Oh yes, hence my response to a Hawthorn supporter this afternoon about how boring St KIlda's play is and how no-ne watches it.

Hawthorn home of unsociable football.

How can it be boring-we kicked six goals after half time, how many did Geelong kick, don't blame us.

It's gone to be a long hard day tomorrow.

Gather around Saints supporters, sticking together will get us through.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Over 2010, just over it

Bring on the ashes.... FCUK AFL FOOTBALL

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
starsign
Club Player

Anyone feeling persecuted ???
Yep me!! Can't believe it at present!
Tell you something else.....

It may very well just backfire completly on the whole lot of the Bastidos coming at our club from every direction possible of late!!

AFL, Media Murderers , et al

It could very well (and I bloody well hope so) galvanize the boys even further and give us that extra ingredient to take all before them come September!!

Us V The World !!!

GO GO GO !!!

wallbanger
Club Player

I agree Solar.

This game has become a joke. The AFL can go get rooted.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
IcanKickit
Club Player

..i keep say'n ... we've gotta take whats ours

and take on and beat everyone in the process.

go us.
unstoppable in '10.

saintsfooty : 'Nothing wrong with that. Infact, it is brilliant to have everyone embracing it.'
bigred
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:No.
Meh...Sinking in now.

Outrage turning to resignation.

We might appeal. Cop whatever.

The club wont take it further as it is not what they do. They will just accept the ban and get on with it.

Alleged rapists. Best player in the comp injured....Knocked up teenagers of questionable repute. More alleged rapists.

I'm a little bit over it.

Its hard fkn work supporting this club.

Maybe I should just harden up some more.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Let's look at this logically. if bakes had slapped Johnson's hand whilst in the hands of the trainers or coming off the ground injured, I would say it was a low act. If he remains out on the ground you have to assume that he is not injured. the charge of interfering with an injured player is a farce - it's tantamount to slapping another players hand. Once you decalre yourself fit to play on you are fair game. If he had hurt his shoulder but decided to play on, I would EXPECT Lyon to scream blue murder if Baker didn't start bumping into him quite vigorously from the side.

As for the punches. I have just read the charges on the AFL website. Where are the injuries that relate directly to what Baker has done. They were little love taps at best designed to irritate. the AFL CLEARLY have an agenda here. It's not being paranoid, it's not having a seige mentality, the evidence is overwhelming. I've got mates texting me literally laughing about it. NO-ONE who follows footy can believe it. The hypocrisy by the AFL is breath taking.

THEN they go and say that Johnson's hit on Baker that make him look like a bruised tomato was MEDIUM impact :shock:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

if bakes had slapped Johnson's hand whilst in the hands of the trainers or coming off the ground injured, I would say it was a low act.
Seems it depends where the players attention is focussed. Fisher got off because his focus was on the play and not on Bartels (I dont subscribe to this)

So once again they can interpret a rule any way theywant to. Dont get me wrong I am happy Fisher got off, but really their reasoning was ridiculous.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

There is a STICKY where you can send a message to Bakes and the club.

Please make use of it and keep it clean.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=62694

CORDZ
Club Player

Persecuted

Why TF are we always the ones to be made an example of - Anyone who thinks Demetriou isn't behind this is dreaming. WHy have they not enabled the Saints game for review on the AFL Website????????
Every other game can be accessed. Still waiting AFL - did you want to hide the details from anyone who wants to look at your decisions a bit closer?? LETS WIN THE FLAG AND NEAT THE OPPOSITION, THE HERALD SUN CHANNEL 9 THE OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS AND THE AFL IN ONE FELL SWOOP.
GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

forget about the AFL site just download the game from a Torrent site

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Let's look at this logically. if bakes had slapped Johnson's hand whilst in the hands of the trainers or coming off the ground injured, I would say it was a low act. If he remains out on the ground you have to assume that he is not injured. the charge of interfering with an injured player is a farce - it's tantamount to slapping another players hand. Once you decalre yourself fit to play on you are fair game. If he had hurt his shoulder but decided to play on, I would EXPECT Lyon to scream blue murder if Baker didn't start bumping into him quite vigorously from the side.
Exactly Moods.

If you're out there playing you're fair game.

Imagine - it's 29 minutes into the last quarter and the Saints are 5 points up. The ball comes to Johnson who runs towards goal. He's got Ablett alone in the square and is about to shoot off a handball with his right hand. Baker is close enough to tackle Johnson but if he does so there's a chance he could make contact with Johnson's injured hand. MRP decision dictates that Baker backs off and allows the match winning play to proceed. Cats win by 1 point.

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe there was even a mention of Fisher. He puts the back of his hand on Bartells upper shoulder and says something. He didn't even have an injury to the upper arm. It was a media beat up that wasn't even an event. It could not even be deemed force as he didn't swing into it, if he had been reported for that it would have mystified me.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Moods wrote:Let's look at this logically. if bakes had slapped Johnson's hand whilst in the hands of the trainers or coming off the ground injured, I would say it was a low act. If he remains out on the ground you have to assume that he is not injured. the charge of interfering with an injured player is a farce - it's tantamount to slapping another players hand. Once you decalre yourself fit to play on you are fair game. If he had hurt his shoulder but decided to play on, I would EXPECT Lyon to scream blue murder if Baker didn't start bumping into him quite vigorously from the side.
Exactly Moods.

If you're out there playing you're fair game.

Imagine - it's 29 minutes into the last quarter and the Saints are 5 points up. The ball comes to Johnson who runs towards goal. He's got Ablett alone in the square and is about to shoot off a handball with his right hand. Baker is close enough to tackle Johnson but if he does so there's a chance he could make contact with Johnson's injured hand. MRP decision dictates that Baker backs off and allows the match winning play to proceed. Cats win by 1 point.

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!
That would not be unreasonable contact tho.

The better analogy involves ignoring Fisher for doing the same kinda thing!! Leaving aside of course Jack Riewoldt a fortnight back...

We'll appeal, he'll wind up with six weeks off.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Im trying to be reasonable and sensible about this but I cant.. Im failing miserably. Im furious.
Yeah maybe Im one eyed and bias but Im sick to my stomach about this. I feel for Bakes.

Going to have to practice some deep breathing and selective deafness for the next few weeks when I hear people talking about it or I might have my own Barry Hall brain snap.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Been feeling persecuted for a long time.

Maintain the rage saints.

Stick it up them. Stick it right up them.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I am totally disgusted that this has happened. It sickens me that once again we are made out to be the bad guys and little has been made of what SJ did to Bakes. However, I don't think Bakes should have done it, he knew he had points hanging over. I do think what he did was minor though and I definately feel this is "trial by media". Thanks Eddie, ok you win, happy :roll:

There is part of me that wants to fight this, there is another part that thinks we will be persecuted by the umps if we do. Maybe we should just suck it up and move on, knowing at least he will be back for the finals.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

All this garbage used to upset me. We used to crumble under the weight of persecution but now it just makes us stronger.

We will win the flag and it will be all the sweeter.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

You know what Selhurst Saint, Im with you.

Screw it, Fight harder every week Saints, lets get this 2010 Flag!!!

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:We'll appeal, he'll wind up with six weeks off.
In a fair system he'd get no more than two.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Saint Bev wrote:I am totally disgusted that this has happened. It sickens me that once again we are made out to be the bad guys and little has been made of what SJ did to Bakes. However, I don't think Bakes should have done it, he knew he had points hanging over. I do think what he did was minor though and I definately feel this is "trial by media". Thanks Eddie, ok you win, happy :roll:

There is part of me that wants to fight this, there is another part that thinks we will be persecuted by the umps if we do. Maybe we should just suck it up and move on, knowing at least he will be back for the finals.
Saint Bev, it is almost like there has to be an excuse for why we have won. We won against Geelong because Baker is a 'sniper' or a 'thug'. We won against Geelong because they had 20 of their players out. We won against Collingwood because Mick The Liar upset Milne and they had their now 'infamous' run in. It is never because we are just the better damned team! The facts are that WE have been the best team since the beginning of 2009. We just missed out on winning the GF by a kick.

Let me say this, I CANNOT WAIT until Grand final day!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius