Let them all HATE US !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Let them all HATE US !!

I see much of this (percieved & real) attacking of our club as a positive. They are attacking our club because they believe we are not entitled to be successful. They are attacking us because they believe we will crack sooner or later. They are attacking us because of our historical lack of success. They are attacking us because they can't handle our success. They are attacking us because they are jealous of us.

The way I see it, they don't hate us enough YET.

I WANT St KILDA TO BE THE MOST HATED CLUB IN AUSTRALIA, BECAUSE WE WON THE FLAG IN 2010

BRING ON THE HATE BECAUSE WE KNOW THEY HATE US BECAUSE THEY FEAR US !!
Last edited by Eastern on Sun 27 Jun 2010 3:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

wasaintsfan
Club Player

and 2011 2012 2013 2014.... making it a 5peat... eclipsing all previous efforts and to be the greatest team of all... and boast our cabinet from 1 to 6

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I said earlier this year I am actually glad we are hated and no longer everybodys second favorite team. Second favorite teams are like Melbourne and Richmond - serial disappointers that are no real threat.

I would rather be hated than pitied. I hope Baker punches Steve Johnsons broken spirit in the GF this year and that c**k head Billy Brownless has a little hissy fit still dressed in his leotard while trying to garner public support for his serious journalistic credibility.

Sorry I have officially lost the plot.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Yes, I hate the St Kilda haters.

Once we've won the flag, we can say to them (to quote Diego Maradona) "You can s*ck this and go on s*cking it"

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
StSteven
Club Player

This is pathetic. I would rather other clubs admired and envied us because of our achievements. People may hate us but they don't envy or respect us because we have achieved nothing yet.

I was one appalled at treatment of Roo in Brisbane. I would be a hypocrite if I was not also appalled at Baker's action. That is not what I want us to be known for.

Achievement on-field is the only way to win respect and that must be at least two flags to match the Cats and as soon as possible.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Great post Eastern. I love it. They hate us because they rate us.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Great post Eastern. I love it. They hate us because they rate us.

StSteven
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:Great post Eastern. I love it. They hate us because they rate us.
Rate us for what? Potential... ? I doubt it.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I remember hating Hawthorn with such passion it made me feel physically ill.

Then it was Essendon.

Then it was West Coast.

Then it was Brisbane.

Now it's Geelong.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Solar
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:This is pathetic. I would rather other clubs admired and envied us because of our achievements. People may hate us but they don't envy or respect us because we have achieved nothing yet.

I was one appalled at treatment of Roo in Brisbane. I would be a hypocrite if I was not also appalled at Baker's action. That is not what I want us to be known for.

Achievement on-field is the only way to win respect and that must be at least two flags to match the Cats and as soon as possible.
all clubs do it...... grow up, riewoldt from richmond did it only a few weeks ago.

I love the hard nosed feel to our side.... us v the world!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Great post Eastern. I love it. They hate us because they rate us.
Rate us for what? Potential... ? I doubt it.
True, we still haven't won anything yet ... something I'm sure isn't lost on the players or the coach. But they would have to rate us as a premiership threat on our performances without Riewoldt.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:us v the world!
yep, that's how we like it.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Solar wrote:us v the world!
yep, that's how we like it.

Yep I would enjoy it of they hated us for winning the flag this year (that WILL happen), but dont youfind it frustrating that they seem to target us in the press and seem to get away with it. Its like we have a giant red, black and white target on us.

I love this club
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:This is pathetic. I would rather other clubs admired and envied us because of our achievements. People may hate us but they don't envy or respect us because we have achieved nothing yet.

The way people are carrying on you'd reckon Baker took to Johnson's wrist with a chainsaw and/or decapitated him with a Tysonesque roundhouse or two. The vision I saw had him offer a half hearted swat to the bloke's hand, maybe/maybe not catch his chin with half pulled jab and tap the guy in the guts in the manner pretty much all players do.

Can someone explain to me what the big deal is? Am I missing something?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintWal
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:and 2011 2012 2013 2014.... making it a 5peat... eclipsing all previous efforts and to be the greatest team of all... and boast our cabinet from 1 to 6
2014 Norm Smith - Nicholas Winmar

Poetry in writing

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nope
saw nothing wrong with it either

its footy
not friggin ballet

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They don't hate us, they hate our game plan.

The ratings on Friday night sent that message loud and clear, the Doggies game is going to be hard to shake, as people have formed an opinion based purely on that game (which was also on the Friday night big stage) and vowed not to watch us play.

The general fear out there is that clubs will emulate 'saints footy' should it prove to be ultimately successful.

People want to watch something that mirrors the Essendon v Hawthorn match, even if a grinding contest like Friday can be it's equal, we have work to do to change people's preconcieved ideas as they are simply not watching.

There is one thing that will turn it around for us, and as much as people say let them hate us, we still need to appease sponsors and ensure good fixturing by putting on a spectacle that people will watch.

The thing that will turn it around, well his name is Roo.

He is someone (even if they won't admit it) that people tune in to watch. He is our x-factor amongst our 22 contributors going about their business, someone that BT would call a 'superstar'

It will be ok, don't worry :wink:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Let's just make one thing clear
here in regards to the Baker incident.

Lots of people are comparing it to the Nick Riewoldt incident up at the Gabba, but the reality is that Johnson took his injury into the game on
Friday so it was
quite reasonable for Baker to test out his injury as Johnson was deemed
fit to play.

Nick riewoldt was injured in the run and was attacked when he was evidently in a lot of pain and making his way to the
bench.

So as far as I'm concerned, if Johnson wants to take an injury into the match, it's fair game as far as Baker is concerned.

It's not the first time an AFL player has had a specific body part targeted, and it won't be the last.
The fact that it is Steven Baker and not Chris Judd is the only reason that he is coming under scrutiny.

StSteven
Club Player

Footy show was saying Baker broke his hand in the match.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

what annoys me about the criticism is the implication is other teams could do what we do and win ugly if they wanted but for the good of game would prefer to lose pretty.

which is of course is utter nonsense.

if malthouse and knights etc thought they could win like us they would. they just cant execute like we can.