Dipper stupidity

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Dipper stupidity

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5881217339

When will these blokes ever learn..... things have changed since the 1970s.... and thank God for that.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Good of you to post, GO, but Dipper being stupid is not news. Anyone who has seen the exploits of him and his roided up mob of braindead sycophants on the Mornington Peninsula at summer time know of his stupidity only too well. He could have been detained on the bad shirts alone.

Unfortunately, he slipped through the extraordinarily discerning employment processes of the AFL and got a gig. Must have been on his teaching abilities, what with such a great command of the language and his clarity of delivery. Just another hack with his snout in the trough.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
SteveStevens66
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:Just another hack with his snout in the trough.
This perfectly sums up just about everyone who has anything to do with the AFL.

Carna Saints!!!
Richter
SS Life Member

Surely not the NEWS owned Herald Sun with a story about has been AFL stars idiotic rants?

Not for one minute condoning the d**khead Dipper, but surely you can see the hidden NEWS agenda, GO?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Just another hack with his snout in the trough.
This perfectly sums up just about everyone who has anything to do with the AFL.
So true. Anyone employed by the AFL is a hack. Imagine if it was run by people who know what they are doing like the NRL and Soccer. Then we would have a successful game not like it is now.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Had the pleasure of lunching with Dipper a few months ago, a nicer bloke you wouldnt meet.

I'm not condoning his stupid comment, but it seems to me that he's being hung out to dry by a few posters on here because he's employed by the AFL. For Chr*sts sake what is it with posters on here about the AFL. Maybe, living up North means I miss the point, but I would have thought the AFL is travelling along quite nicely, especially compared to certain other codes.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Richter wrote:Surely not the NEWS owned Herald Sun with a story about has been AFL stars idiotic rants?

Not for one minute condoning the d**khead Dipper, but surely you can see the hidden NEWS agenda, GO?
Yes I can, but there was no need to give them ammunition.

Dipper is the public face of the AFL for hundreds of kids.

With that position comes responsibility.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

As I recently posted regarding racism, I feel that there is a lot of racists that know they shouldn't say what they think. Doesn't make them non racist. But there are some that know indigenous people and have real relationships that still don't know that as statesmen of the game they shouldn't voice their "humorous" comments about other races.

I feel that those guys are probably not necessarily real racists just buffoons.
They are whet a lot of Aussies were once like inappropriate but willing to give people a fair go.

Footy fans that hold real nasty venomous attitudes are still out there, just a bit quieter. I feel still that some judge Raph harder because of his race not his game. I think saying some one has "Aboriginal magic" is probably more derogatory than it appears as it sounds positive but it prolongs an idea that there is a difference between any Australian of any back ground.

My cousin is part Aboriginal and I find that if you are an aboriginal you still get judged harder when going for jobs etc. He keeps his race quiet and doesn't tell people but with no real athletic aptitude you are not really valued as much by the wider community. He should be able to feel proud of his heritage.

The AFL is one of the most positive codes when it comes to battling racism and in 15 years it has come a long way. Winmar did more for the anti racism cause than you realise, more than a lot of political activists were able to achieve over a career. Dipper and Brown are being made scape goats because to not stand up against it would allow it to creep back.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Had the pleasure of lunching with Dipper a few months ago, a nicer bloke you wouldnt meet.

I'm not condoning his stupid comment, but it seems to me that he's being hung out to dry by a few posters on here because he's employed by the AFL. For Chr*sts sake what is it with posters on here about the AFL. Maybe, living up North means I miss the point, but I would have thought the AFL is travelling along quite nicely, especially compared to certain other codes.
Fair enough, No 23, you reckon he's a nice bloke. My experience is vastly different to yours. I reckon he's a D***head, and have been in a couple of spots on the Peninsula a number of times over recent years when he and his grovelling group of imbeciles have ruined the fun for others in attendance. I know a couple of owners of said spots and they have had to have words with Dipper and his D***heads frequently, incl "time to move on" (and not because it's closing time, either).

And, just for clarity, I did not suggest everyone at the AFL was a hack with their snout in the trough. I did allude to there being a number of them, and I reckon there are a number of organisations that include patronage as a key employment criteria - sporting organisations just tend to be at the top of the list of such organisations, what with people who try to cash in on their long gone career profiles, and all.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
GoTheTorp
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Richter wrote:Surely not the NEWS owned Herald Sun with a story about has been AFL stars idiotic rants?

Yes I can, but there was no need to give them ammunition.

Dipper is the public face of the AFL for hundreds of kids.

With that position comes responsibility.
Dipper was the public face of the AFL for hundreds of kids

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oh dipper.... :oops: :oops: :oops: ...why ffs......geez..... :evil: ...not happy jan.... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

When are people going to learn....

Unbelievable, Dipper :shock:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think people play the race card way too early, way too conveniently..

when Raph farks up it has nothing to do with race...it is all about stupidity and that you still CAN comment on......

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
BallBanger
Club Player

Is it worse than saying bald fat and ugly..if so why?

Should not all remarks whether its colour religion race size shape appearance be banned?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I think people play the race card way too early, way too conveniently..

when Raph farks up it has nothing to do with race...it is all about stupidity and that you still CAN comment on......
WTF??

For diper to state that Wanganeen was "not too bad for an Abo" is racist.

He could or should have just said that he wasn't a bad player, why bring up his race to start with?

Dipper is a dead set dipsh1t

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I generally use the term "c**k with ears" but I see where you're coming from

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

BallBanger wrote:Is it worse than saying bald fat and ugly..if so why?

Should not all remarks whether its colour religion race size shape appearance be banned?
Stupid. You don't put size, looks or baldness in the same category as racial slurs. The discriminatory history against indigenous people in this country is a great national shame - ruined a peoples history. You haven't thought about this. You're clearly not black and wouldn't have a clue what it's like to be an Aboriginal in this country. Go support Collingwood.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:

Stupid. You don't put size, looks or baldness in the same category as racial slurs. The discriminatory history against indigenous people in this country is a great national shame - ruined a peoples history. You haven't thought about this. You're clearly not black and wouldn't have a clue what it's like to be an Aboriginal in this country. Go support Collingwood.
exactly....

years ago if a male wanted to join the Victoria Police you had to be over 5' 7.5" and there were many that were not suitable due to their size, now days their is no restriction on size. The Victorian have a few that are well under that size now. Most people in general have moved on and you can't discriminate on size, race or religious beliefs.

A few years ago a person wanted to join the Victorian Police Force, but he stated that he had to wear a turban this person was not allowed to enter the force.

He sued the force, but in the meantime he applied to join the Queensland Police Force and was accepted and withdrew the writ against Victoria for discrimination.

He now wears his turban every day with the Queensland Police badge pinned in front.

You simply cannot discriminate and dinosaurs like Dipper and Brown should really get in touch with just where most people are at on this subject.

saintnick12
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I think people play the race card way too early, way too conveniently..

It may be true that Raph's errors are caused by his stupidity and not his race.....However....this does not stop people, and especially saints fans, using his race as part of the personal abuse they hurl at him. Some of things I've heard around me at games (even just in the last few weeks) are racist in the extreme...and that's coming from our own fans. I've seen plenty of racists comments towards Raph on Facebook too. Of course the two issues (Raph's errors and his race) are not related, but why then do people feel the need to link them so often when hurling their abuse.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

if the remark was made the other way this wouldnt be news...

the biggest racism in this country is the fact the white person CANT make a racial slur.... but can cop it from any other race

im not a racist i dont encourage it... but when i can be called a white "#$@#" (this is not directed at indigenous people its directed at all races) its deemed as acceptable but the other way round... i could be looking at jail...

if an indian attacks an aussie its just an attack if an aussie attacks an indian its a racial bashing

BallBanger
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:

So its ok to call someone a bald c.... because this does not hurt??

BallBanger
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:

It may be true that Raph's errors are caused by his stupidity and not his race.....However....this does not stop people, and especially saints fans, using his race as part of the personal abuse they hurl at him. Some of things I've heard around me at games (even just in the last few weeks) are racist in the extreme...and that's coming from our own fans. I've seen plenty of racists comments towards Raph on Facebook too. Of course the two issues (Raph's errors and his race) are not related, but why then do people feel the need to link them so often when hurling their abuse.
i have not heard anyone use racial slurs against Raph...The group I go with are fans of Raph and any negatives certainly have nothing to do with race....
Surely if you're black it does not lock out criticism....has nothing to do with colour

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:As I recently posted regarding racism, I feel that there is a lot of racists that know they shouldn't say what they think. Doesn't make them non racist. But there are some that know indigenous people and have real relationships that still don't know that as statesmen of the game they shouldn't voice their "humorous" comments about other races.
Humorous? Do you find calling someone an 'abbo' is humorous? Not sure what you would define as racism then.
gringo wrote:I feel that those guys are probably not necessarily real racists just buffoons.
They are whet a lot of Aussies were once like inappropriate but willing to give people a fair go.
Not sure about Brown. Dipper I do tend to agree with you to a degree. However, Dipper, of all people with his role within Auskick SHOULD and DOES know better.
gringo wrote:Footy fans that hold real nasty venomous attitudes are still out there, just a bit quieter. I feel still that some judge Raph harder because of his race not his game. I think saying some one has "Aboriginal magic" is probably more derogatory than it appears as it sounds positive but it prolongs an idea that there is a difference between any Australian of any back ground.
Really? I must admit that I have NEVER heard a racial slur against Raph at the football (not that anyone in my vicinity at the football at home games would be game to mention a word against Raph, let alone a racial slur).
gringo wrote:The AFL is one of the most positive codes when it comes to battling racism and in 15 years it has come a long way. Winmar did more for the anti racism cause than you realise, more than a lot of political activists were able to achieve over a career. Dipper and Brown are being made scape goats because to not stand up against it would allow it to creep back.
No, they are not being made scapegoats. They are copping a right whack for their stupidity and their ignorance. Well deserved IMO.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

WTF??

For diper to state that Wanganeen was "not too bad for an Abo" is racist.

He could or should have just said that he wasn't a bad player, why bring up his race to start with?

Dipper is a dead set dipsh1t
WTF indeed.....i'm answering the dude who brought Raph into the debate..

read the whole thread and keep up.... :roll:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D