the board has gone quiet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

the board has gone quiet

i noticed the same thing before the carlton game so i hope this is not an omen.

could someone start an argument please, just to ease my mind a little.

it's been so quiet that i'm wondering if we've lost regular posters to big footy and facebook.

i certainly hope not. this should remain the place where all the saints fans come to have their say.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 07 Jun 2010 11:09am, edited 2 times in total.

rexy
SS Life Member

BJ should stay in the mid field, :wink: :lol:

Just trying to help.

Maybe this year?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl, we have won the last couple, the argumentative don't drop in so often :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BJ should play back so Goddard can be released forward. FFS. Idiots. :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:BJ should stay in the mid field, :wink: :lol:

Just trying to help.
:) if stanley can finish a game like he started on friday ... and kick some goals ... and kosi runs into something resembling form ... and kick some goals ... then i might start agreeing with you.

BJ's just an outstanding player who i wish we could clone.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:bigcarl, we have won the last couple, the argumentative don't drop in so often :wink:
yeah, i hope that's all it is.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:bigcarl, we have won the last couple, the argumentative don't drop in so often :wink:
I'm sure it is, a few weeks ago we had all sorts of posts writing off the season....now strangely quiet.
Last edited by SainterK on Mon 07 Jun 2010 11:25am, edited 1 time in total.

rexy
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:BJ should play back so Goddard can be released forward. FFS. Idiots. :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Whats that about?

Trying to start argument as requested or being serious?

Maybe this year?
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I'm sure it is, a few weeks ago we all sorts of posts writing off the season....now strangely quiet.
where is old P66? i miss him a bit. at least he keeps you on your toes.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Dawson needs to be dropped on that performance on Friday, didnt see him :wink:

Before Im 85
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Dawson needs to be dropped on that performance on Friday, didnt see him :wink:
:) in all seriousness, i reckon he would have stopped that other riewoldt in his tracks.

markp
Saintsational Legend

We're winning and slowly improving, 8-3 is hard for the glass is half empty crowd to complain about... but we're not playing so well that the glass is half full crowd feel vindicated enough to celebrate.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:We're winning and slowly improving, 8-3 is hard for the glass is half empty crowd to complain about... but we're not playing so well that the glass is half full crowd feel vindicated enough to celebrate.
markp, you are always so optimistic....and I for one am getting a bit tired of your posts....

being so few and far between. :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:We're winning and slowly improving, 8-3 is hard for the glass is half empty crowd to complain about... but we're not playing so well that the glass is half full crowd feel vindicated enough to celebrate.
i couldn't sleep last night and turned on Seven Two, just in time to see the start of the 2009 Round 13 Saints v Cats classic. i watched the whole thing before drifting off.

we were magnificent in that game, with Gardiner's heroics sealing the deal inside the last two minutes.

if should be required viewing for all the players ... just to remind them of what they are capable. we need to make the top 4, and then reproduce that type of form and intensity throughout september.

we deserved the flag last year. we were the best team the whole season. but that's life.

if this group wants a premiership, they need to turn it on in the next month.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 07 Jun 2010 10:46pm, edited 3 times in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: the board has gone quiet

bigcarl wrote:it's been so quiet that i'm wondering if we've lost regular posters to big footy and facebook.
I certainly hope so...unfortunately, I expect they'll be back if we lose to Freo, will certainly reappear before the Geelong game to remind everyone how crap we are and how we will lose by 100 points. :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: the board has gone quiet

degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:it's been so quiet that i'm wondering if we've lost regular posters to big footy and facebook.
I certainly hope so...unfortunately, I expect they'll be back if we lose to Freo, will certainly reappear before the Geelong game to remind everyone how crap we are and how we will lose by 100 points. :roll:
nah, it takes all types.

i reckon constructive criticism is important to the club, which i think regularly monitors this board. there's some great ideas, initiatives and observations regularly posted here.

the ones that p*** me off are the ones who have nothing constructive to add. it's more about their own egos and scoring points off other posters than it is about helping the club.

Stjohn
Club Player

I think...

Kosi might be targetted by GC.....

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: I think...

Stjohn wrote:Kosi might be targetted by GC.....
would they want him on current form?

i hope we don't lose him and that he can turn it around because i've always liked him as a player.

there is just so much unfulfilled potential there, though, and imo we made a mistake in hoping he'd kick us a winning score in riewoldt's absence.

he's not good enough as a forward to do that.

i'd like to see him used in the ruck a lot more because he has a lot to offer around the ground. I also reckon he'd improve on his goal-kicking average this season in that role.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:if this group wants a premiership, they need to turn it on in the next month.
The next month of football will be very telling.

The big man walked past me on friday night... I'm just over 6' 4" and go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and he made me feel like a soft little coach potato with noodles for arms... the guy is gonna make all his teammates lift and opponents whither just by being out there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:if this group wants a premiership, they need to turn it on in the next month.

The big man walked past me on friday night... I'm just over 6' 4" and go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and he made me feel like a soft little coach potato with noodles for arms... the guy is gonna make all his teammates lift and opponents whither just by being out there.
i presume you're talking about the skipper.

he needs to address them before the game this week i think.

we'd better be within striking distance of the top 2 when he returns, otherwise his teammates have let him down badly.

he could be excused for not wanting to carry them around any more if that happens.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:

i presume you're talking about the skipper.

he needs to address them before the game this week i think.

we'd better be within striking distance of the top 2 when he returns, otherwise his teammates have let him down badly.

he could be excused for not wanting to carry them around any more if that happens.
Yup... we really need to win at least one of the next two.

Hopefully our last trip to the west added to our last encounter with freo has given them plenty of belief.

I'm confident we'll finish the H & A 2nd.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We normally only need two words to start a blue on here and polarise opinions.

Raph Clarke

It doesn't matter that he has been in the best 6 players in arguably the 2nd best performed side for the past 3 weeks !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I'm sure it is, a few weeks ago we all sorts of posts writing off the season....now strangely quiet.
where is old P66? i miss him a bit. at least he keeps you on your toes.
Here i am. Like the idea of putting BJ to FF and Rooy on the wing when he returns, kosi to the ruck and Gtrammy to the back pocket.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Here i am. Like the idea of putting BJ to FF and Rooy on the wing when he returns, kosi to the ruck and Gtrammy to the back pocket.
:lol: i'm glad you like my ideas. i just wish you'd offer some of your own so i could shoot them down in flames :wink:

nice to know that you are still around, though, my old sparring partner.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:We normally only need two words to start a blue on here and polarise opinions.

Raph Clarke

It doesn't matter that he has been in the best 6 players in arguably the 2nd best performed side for the past 3 weeks !!
yes. he's got so much potential hasn't he. some see only his seemingly inevitable clanger(s), others see an enormous upside. the girl with the curl.