Jihad Stadium Goon warning

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

widereceiver
Club Player

Jihad Stadium Goon warning

We have been members with reserved seating on Level 1 at Jihad stadium for years.

Last night as we entered the ground my 19 year old son was bailed up using his membership card and asked to show ID. As we drove in he didn't have his wallet so no ID.

The over-officious peanut in the Nazi grey, Jihad suit said there were conditions of entry which stated my son was required to provide proof of his eligibility for a concession. When I informed him we had never been asked to show this before (I have never heard of it) he claimed the AFL had told them to crack down. I told him this was totally against the spirit of being a member of an AFL club. He smiled dimly.

I had to buy a General Admission ticket and then my son was able to use his concession membership card to enter the reserved seating area, which seems to defy nanny state logic.

a. I can't object to this being a condition provided we are informed about it, although it is pathetic.
b. I wouldn't be so pissed off if St.Kilda FC were the beneficiaries of the twenty bucks, which of course we aren't.

I will be writing to the AFL, that ex-Carlton asswipe who runs Jihad and to the footy club.
Just be warned: Collo's goons are waiting, delighted to screw you over at the footy.
Thank Christ we beat the Craw.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

They say it as you enter the stadium. Surely if you are getting a cheap ticket, proof should be required every so often.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Sorry to hear you and your son had such a nasty experience. This was a bit of an issue during finals last year, but in some cases the cards were actually confiscated.
Unfortunately, it is part of the terms and conditions. I think its somewhere in the membership brochure, and I just looked at my daughters' cards, and it is actually printed at the very bottom of the card in fine print. And there was a members e-mail recently "reminding" us of our "obligations" with regards to membership conditions.

I'm not sticking up for them - I think the way you were treated stinks, just thought you might want to know before you contact them.

And thanks for the warning: at least now the rest of us can be prepared.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
widereceiver
Club Player

Thank you Debi. As I said in my post, I can't object to it if it is a condition, but I agree with you, it stinks...

and we did beat the Craw!

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

My 15 yo son was asked to show Id when he said he didn't have any and that he was15, the moron then asked him if he had his licence on him. Fair dinkum knobs

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Im a concession, I'm 16, I was asked for the first time to show my conession card, which I don't have, the guy just said make sure I have it next time. The funny thing is my dad is also concession and went in next to me, was never asked.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its not unreasonable to assume that if you are carrying some sort of concession ticket , that you also have proof that you are entitled to the cheaper rate. If it was me, Id make sure I had concession ID every time I used my membership...they have every right to ask and you really have no leg to stand on if you dont have the required proof

Howevwer..yes there are ways and means of doing it..and it sounds like a few of the ES staff need some lessons in people skills

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
sainter35
Club Player

Well I'm going to make myself popular and agree with Plugger66 on this one. :oops:

Surely if you're eligible for a concession ticket you should ensure that you carry the appropriate identification.

The rules are if you are 15 and over you are an adult unless you have some concession identification (ie student card, public transport card or centrelink card). I mean if you are a student you should have a student card shouldn't you?

Otherwise everyone would just print off child or concession tickets online. I'm sure most of you here are too honest to do that but plenty of people do. And then you're probably the same people that complain when the AFL put the prices up each year.

I'll certainly agree with saint66au that the staff should recognise they are in a customer service job and not be rude about it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Umm just reading the OP again..surely you cant claim ignorance "(Id never heard of it") that you might need to show proof of eligibility for Concession membership.

Does you son go to the movies? catch a train? They have the same rules, and while you might not be pulled up for it every time, its still the company's right to do so.

Etihad is far from perfect, but calling their staff "over-officious goons" for having the temerity to ask for proof of concession is a bit rich IMO.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OP doesnt suggest the guy was rude at all. He just explained why he did it and smiled dimly. Whatever that means. No mention of rudeness.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I
told him this was totally against the spirit of being a member of an AFL club. He smiled dimly.
I think I might have too

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Badlands
Club Player

i thought this thread was going to be a warning against trying to smuggle wine casks into etihad stadium.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

The pathetic racist heading to your post may just explain your attitude in general - if that's the case, you probably deserved what you got!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Look again it's the Flash!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

there are many who complain about people other than Saints supporters sitting in Saints areas and contact the club to ask how and why

the club reinforces this with security
and to it's members via email and the front page of the Saints site-

they are doing as their members asked and enforcing the TERMS and CONDITIONS or the membership agreement. Part of that is the age issue- I know of 60 yr olds who are also queried..... carry your ID-

Heard a pies supporter who was loaned a Saints membership to get into the Rd 3 game say he was asked to leave the reserved area- stood out like a sore thumb- and it was explained that the person who's membership he was using could infact lose it there and then-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Coincides with the article on saints.com about the terms and conditions of memberships

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Coincides with the article on saints.com about the terms and conditions of memberships
It does.

It sucks for those who want to be dodgy, and have got away with it for years, but them's the breaks.

The positive side of it is that it's a Saints home game, so any crack down that meant more $$$ at the gate means a couple of extra cents for us (prob. bugger all extra, but it might help in the long run!).

I wonder if they'll crack down on Friday night vs Richmond.....it's not our home game, so I hope they let a bit of rorting this Friday night!

A similar analogy is public transport - a lot of people take the punt and don't buy a ticket, because they get away with it.

Enforcement will force more money into both Collo's and our club's pockets.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

One of the more bizarre threads I've ever read. Complaining about being asked to prove your concession entitlement. How dare they?

With that attitude we may as well all buy concession, and don't dare anyone question it.

I had a similar experience last year where I accidentally took my daughters membership card and she took mine. When I scanned her card I was pulled up at the gate and asked to prove that I was concession. Apparently a certain colour comes up for kids and concession card holders. I explained the misunderstanding and even offered to call my wife who was with my daughter to prove I was in fact an adult card holder. The man gave me a warning, but at no time did I feel that he had no business stopping me and questioning me. After all - I had done the wrong thing - not him :?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

But when something doesn't happen they way you like it, isn't it just easier to state that it is either "political correctness gone mad" or a "nanny state"?

Much easier than addressing the actual substance of the issue.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:But when something doesn't happen they way you like it, isn't it just easier to state that it is either "political correctness gone mad" or a "nanny state"?

Much easier than addressing the actual substance of the issue.
How dare you dismiss the two phrases I use daily in order to give the impression that I actually think, while justifying my disregard for common decency and unwillingness to comply with simple laws and regulations.

mordi
Club Player

17 yo daughter got asked on sat night...........she said the guy looked younger than her.

She didnt have her wallet (not unusual) , and said she had no ID. His reply;

"OK, I just have to make sure my boss sees me asking people!"

btw, Joffaboy and MarkP........whats with the avatars, give us something to distinguish you guys please.

What's the Point of it All?
markp
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:Joffaboy and MarkP........whats with the avatars, give us something to distinguish you guys please.
It's a new cult... all are welcome to join.

mordi
Club Player

can you get me one with..."Vibrant"

What's the Point of it All?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
mordi wrote:Joffaboy and MarkP........whats with the avatars, give us something to distinguish you guys please.
It is political correctness gone mad, thats what it is.

Hey markp, you got the Kool Aid?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sainterman
Club Player

Think I would have just gone to another gate...

markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:
It is political correctness gone mad, thats what it is.

Hey markp, you got the Kool Aid?
I'm thinking more like The Family than Jonestown... we all commit to raising at least one blonde haired male kid each with Roo's DNA.