what.....no thread on raph...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

what.....no thread on raph...

maybe because he played okay again...one or two clangers,,,but he wasn't on his pat malone there.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Here it is.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=61952

Some guy going on about his clangers.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Here it is.

:wink: :wink: :wink: ...played okay as far as i'm concerned.....

Zippy
Club Player

Everyone's too busy worrying about Kosi/Zac

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Here it is.

very good.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I'm more surprised theres been no thread on Luke Ball.... or did I miss it?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Why the hell did we get rid of GT 8-) :lol:

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Watched him closely tonight, I realise he has the blessing of the coach to take the play on and try to break through zones etc....but I think he gets sold into trouble by his teammates a bit sometimes.

Nobody else can get through, he just happens to be the last guy who gets the handball quite often and has a wall of opposition players in front of him?

Sure he returns the favour sometimes, handballing off to a worse option, but he cops he fair share also.

I think he one of our players who's form is trending in the right direction at the moment.

Winmar
Club Player

He's at his best when playing on and running hard, like in that final v Collingwood.

Make a couple of mistakes tonight, but one of them was brought about by Goddard handballing it to him when he had a couple of opponents right near him.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

one of his better games at the dome, needs to keep up his intensity

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'd love to see him used in the midfield rotation. can run, break lines and is surprisingly strong aerially. doesn't shirk the hard physical stuff either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:i'd love to see him used in the midfield rotation. can run, break lines and is surprisingly strong aerially. doesn't shirk the hard physical stuff either.
Dont think he would be anywhere near good enough in close. HBF is his spot.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:i'd love to see him used in the midfield rotation. can run, break lines and is surprisingly strong aerially. doesn't shirk the hard physical stuff either.
that smother over in front of the social club seating was huge, made a big wack and would have stung!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Watched him closely tonight, I realise he has the blessing of the coach to take the play on and try to break through zones etc....but I think he gets sold into trouble by his teammates a bit sometimes.

Nobody else can get through, he just happens to be the last guy who gets the handball quite often and has a wall of opposition players in front of him?

Sure he returns the favour sometimes, handballing off to a worse option, but he cops he fair share also.

I think he one of our players who's form is trending in the right direction at the moment.
Oh bless you, someone who actually watches the game :-)

Twice tonight, Raph was sold into trouble by dreadful disposals by Joey and BJ...coughed goals, and the usual tools start with "Good goal assist Raph" :roll:

Some people shold have to sit an exam on footy basics before being let into games 8-)

On a brighter note, he recieved a rousing cheer when introduced at the SC. Just a shame that the same people couldnt then STFU to hear what he had to say

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I was super super impressed his his pace towards the contest.

Was easily beating his opponent all game in this regards.

And his spoiling was awesome! Really confident in getting the fist in there!!!!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Nobody else can get through, he just happens to be the last guy who gets the handball quite often and has a wall of opposition players in front of him?

Spot on, K, especially about being given the last handball under heaps of pressure. He is a work in progress. I'm backing you, Raph.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Milan Faletic wrote:
SainterK wrote: Nobody else can get through, he just happens to be the last guy who gets the handball quite often and has a wall of opposition players in front of him?

Spot on, K, especially about being given the last handball under heaps of pressure. He is a work in progress. I'm backing you, Raph.
Yes, he had some classic 'hospital handpasses' served up to him last night and has for nearly every game this year. Unfortunately, he seems to *usually* cop the brunt for his terrible disposal after one of them.

I am really thrilled to see his confidence returning and to see him backing himself. He is only going to get better....... :D

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

be nice to have a quiet non-raph thread week. so peaceful.

kosi certainly looking like he may officially be the new whipping boy. maybe raph should have a ceremony to pass the baton.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Nothing's changed. Raph has been playing well all year. It's just that now people are realising how good he is.

Keep it up Raph.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Nothing's changed. Raph has been playing well all year. It's just that now people are realising how good he is.

Keep it up Raph.
Agree he has played well all year.

Nonetheless, I believe his last two games have been his best for 2010.

As someone said, it's all heading in the right direction. :D

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I have a theory that Raph plays best on the bigger grounds. has never had a bad game at Subi and some of his very very best in Finals at the MCG.

Maybe he iasn't as suited to our current home ground.

Still a very good effort last night. Some disposal issues, and copped a couple of terrible under pressure hand balls that resulted in turnovers, however they were more the fault of bj and Joey (especially bj's handball landing at Raphs feet).

Liked his game overall, and it is good he keeps improving.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
derby Street
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Nothing's changed. Raph has been playing well all year. It's just that now people are realising how good he is.

Keep it up Raph.
Thank you Bernard a voice of reason.

saint58
Club Player

Winmar wrote:He's at his best when playing on and running hard, like in that final v Collingwood.

Make a couple of mistakes tonight, but one of them was brought about by Goddard handballing it to him when he had a couple of opponents right near him.
Yes he had a couple of opponants near him but he had time to hadball to the opposition when it went nowere near a saints player. He had time to KICK the ball out of defence.

Allso in the 3 quarter when he ran to a Crows player at just out side the 50m arc and didnt even tackel bump just ran past him and they scored a goal.

I did think he had a good game tonight but he tends to cough up the ball that resault in goals maybe its just bad luck for him but it happens a lot more then other defenders and they break the lines to !!!!!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Oh bless you, someone who actually watches the game :-)

Some people shold have to sit an exam on footy basics before being let into games 8-)

love your posts..... :wink: :lol:

Antiquera

It still amazes me the "saint fans " sitting around me constantly bagging Ralph when he is clearly having a good day .

They live in some warped time zone that satifies their need to have someone to wip , and Kosi is fast becoming the next one . I felt sad for him when the bronx cheer raised its ugly head when he took that mark in the last term.

All you do is cheer our guys on and know that they are out there doing the job under the jibs from those that should be supporting them.

It truely makes me want to go home and watch it on the TV , but I stay because our team deserves our live cheers !

the inheritance of the saints in light