Lets be serious about Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lets be serious about Kosi

Last week at three quarter time we called Lenny best on the ground. I hate bagging one player but Kosi is just about worst again tonight.

What does the club do?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lets be serious about Kosi

plugger66 wrote:Last week at three quarter time we called Lenny best on the ground. I hate bagging one player but Kosi is just about worst again tonight.

What does the club do?
Call on gold coast to pick him up?
Serious note : something has to be done with this bloke he is doing #23 complete damage, he is no good..... he has been no good for quiet some time,
every week now days he has been getting next to nothing.

ttufc7
Club Player

His hands just aren't there. The few times he has got to it tonight it either bounces off his mits or slides straight through.
He has to be down on confidence in his ability to take a contested mark. Some time at Sandy to regain some of that couldn't hurt.
Having said that, He's not the only tall target up forward tonight who hasnt been able to take a mark in the forward 50

Saintsfan
Club Player

Re: Lets be serious about Kosi

plugger66 wrote:Last week at three quarter time we called Lenny best on the ground. I hate bagging one player but Kosi is just about worst again tonight.

What does the club do?
His confidence is seemingly shot. This obviously has a side effect with his ability to take contested marks which were his weapon.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

ttufc7 wrote:His hands just aren't there. The few times he has got to it tonight it either bounces off his mits or slides straight through.
He has to be down on confidence in his ability to take a contested mark. Some time at Sandy to regain some of that couldn't hurt.
Having said that, He's not the only tall target up forward tonight who hasnt been able to take a mark in the forward 50
And when was the last time he kicked a decent score?
when was the last time he ever won a game off his own foot.?
or even done something
why do we protect kosi
he needs to be dropped.!!!

Saintsfan
Club Player

Ralphy wrote:
ttufc7 wrote:His hands just aren't there. The few times he has got to it tonight it either bounces off his mits or slides straight through.
or even done something
why do we protect kosi
No he doesn't. I would be happy to play him against the Tigers all things considering. A run with the seconds will not assist him.

The Saintsfan Cometh
ttufc7
Club Player

Ralphy wrote:
or even done something
why do we protect kosi
Im not protecting him at all in fact i've said some time at Sandy to regain some confidence couldnt hurt.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
or even done something
why do we protect kosi
No he doesn't. I would be happy to play him against the Tigers all things considering. A run with the seconds will not assist him.
kosi needs to be dropped!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

not watching the game but looking at the stats, its not looking good with 1 mark.

If he is not kicking goals and not getting much of the ball, would it be better to replace him with someone who may not kick a lot of goals but gets a lot more of the ball? Would that offer more for the team.

But then you have to think about what him crashing packs and taking a primary defender does for the team. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision.

Finna
Club Player

He needs to go to Sandy and work his back in to the team.

He can make us look slow and clumsy and doesnt read the play too well.

I really like Stanley and Goddard up front with the smalls buzzing around. Its unpredictable and exciting when these guys are involved.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:He needs to go to Sandy and work his back in to the team.

He can make us look slow and clumsy and doesnt read the play too well.

I really like Stanley and Goddard up front with the smalls buzzing around. Its unpredictable and exciting when these guys are involved.
really like stanley and BJ up there
even montagna, Woah. well done mate.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:I really like Stanley and Goddard up front with the smalls buzzing around. Its unpredictable and exciting when these guys are involved.
agree. kosi might need a spell at sandy and then bring him back in the ruck if he can regain some touch.

what did everyone think of gardy's and mcevoy's game?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Finna wrote:I really like Stanley and Goddard up front with the smalls buzzing around. Its unpredictable and exciting when these guys are involved.
agree. kosi might need a spell at sandy and then bring him back in the ruck if he can regain some touch.

what did everyone think of gardy's and mcevoy's game?
Kosi cant ruck. He either plays forward or we could use him at Ormond. Maybe be able to ruck in C grade amatuers.

AlpineStars
Club Player

Keep him in for the Richmond game he needs to find form maybe he can do it next week.

Wake me up when September ends.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Kosi cant ruck. He either plays forward or we could use him at Ormond. Maybe be able to ruck in C grade amatuers.
i beg to differ. kosi might not be the world's greatest tap ruckman, but he offers plenty around the ground ... and goals when drifting forward.

at the moment his confidence is shot to pieces and he needs a spell in the twos to fix it.

i'm sure you could use him at Ormond, but that isn't going to happen.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

CHB!!!!

:?:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

AlpineStars wrote:Keep him in for the Richmond game he needs to find form maybe he can do it next week.
To be fair, that is exactly what most people have been saying for several weeks now, including myself.

Milne and Dal Santo were dropped a few years ago, at this point Kosi is not playing well enough to be an exception. I think Ross will make the change this week.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:
AlpineStars wrote:Keep him in for the Richmond game he needs to find form maybe he can do it next week.
To be fair, that is exactly what most people have been saying for several weeks now, including myself.

Milne and Dal Santo were dropped a few years ago, at this point Kosi is not playing well enough to be an exception. I think Ross will make the change this week.
I started this thread but not a hope in the world Kosi will be dropped. Structure, structure and more structure. That is why Zac was never going to be dropped.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agree plugg

Finna
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Griggsy wrote:

I started this thread but not a hope in the world Kosi will be dropped. Structure, structure and more structure. That is why Zac was never going to be dropped.
But Kosi isnt holding our structure together - he's limiting it.

I like the look of a few different structures that I saw tonight.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Buckets
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:
Ralphy wrote:
or even done something
why do we protect kosi
+1
Dropping him to Sandy wont do anything. Hell he might even play worse with them. I reckon swap Kosi and Gardiner in the ruck and leave Ben down forward.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
SaintTom
Club Player

I think the problem with Kosi is twofold. One is he is down on confidence. The fact that he takes a mark in the fourth quarter sixty out and his own supporters give him a sarcastic jeer certainly would not help him, I definitely hung my head at that moment.

Secondly, he's now getting either one, or often both, of the other teams best defenders. When Riewoldt plays he absorbs at least one, if not both of those, and Kosi is left with a much more achievable match up. I don't want to see Kosi discarded, I would persevere. Dropping him will only help his confidence if he monsters the VFL full backs, and then we're left with one tall forward in Stanley.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Eddy and Stanley are leaving him in their wake!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Griggsy wrote:

Yep - just interviewed Monty on 3AW and he said as much - he said the boys are right behind Kosi and while he keeps presenting and working hard at ground level thats all they ask - he said he is working hard during the week and and it is only time before he turns it around - in short the players love him in the side

So for all you Kosi haters suck it up because it sounds like he is in the side to stay
Last edited by Devilhead on Sat 29 May 2010 11:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Griggsy wrote:

Yep - just interviewed Monty on 3AW and he said as much - he said the boys are right behind Kosi and while he keeps presenting and working hard at ground level thats all they ask - he said he is working hard during the week and and it is only time before he turns it around - in short the players love him in the side

So for all you Kosi haters eat s***
I dont think you have to be a Kosi hater to say he is palying badly. Surely even you agree about that.