The tide turned when.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint4Eva
Club Player

The tide turned when.....

The bloody umpire blocked the goal from Stanley! we would of been 36 points up but they ran it down the other end and pulled it back to 24 points.

:evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The tide turned when.....

Saint4Eva wrote:The bloody umpire blocked the goal from Stanley! we would of been 36 points up but they ran it down the other end and pulled it back to 24 points.

Yep thats it.

F_Q_F
Club Player

Stanley didn't even get a foot to it, he knocked it through with his thigh so it wasn't a goal anyhow.

But yeah it was probably the umpire and not our defenders allowing them to take marks 20m out from goal consistently.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Saint4Eva wrote:The bloody umpire blocked the goal from Stanley! we would of been 36 points up but they ran it down the other end and pulled it back to 24 points.

Absolutely. Although I'm not sure why...maybe Schnieds clapped the umpire again, because it unleashed a torrent of forward 50 frees to the Crows.

Best way to beat the third team is to take them out of the contest, and the Saints did it beautifully during the 4th, great to watch.

If we don't have Stanley's goal added to our score I'll explode...percentage counts.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Absolutely. Although I'm not sure why...maybe Schnieds clapped the umpire again, because it unleashed a torrent of forward 50 frees to the Crows.

Best way to beat the third team is to take them out of the contest, and the Saints did it beautifully during the 4th, great to watch.

If we don't have Stanley's goal added to our score I'll explode...percentage counts.
You probably need to look at the rule book before you really embarrass yourself.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

You probably need to look at the rule book before you really embarrass yourself.
Well, I won't ask you for one, you've obviously never seen a rule book. You are a joke of a supporter...you probably giggled like a schoolgirl when we were being pineappled by the umpires. Open your eyes. Watch.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Well, I won't ask you for one, you've obviously never seen a rule book. You are a joke of a supporter...you probably giggled like a schoolgirl when we were being pineappled by the umpires. Open your eyes. Watch.
Stop embarrassing yourself. You have no idea of the rules. I know them all. Now go to sleep realising the best side won. The umpires had nothing to do with the result either way. South Australians are funny though. Just look at Adelaide tonight.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I know them all.
I've clearly no chance then.

:lol:

I'll just pretend we won by 15 goals and ignore the Umpiring Levy.

We beat 2 teams tonight, a classy effort.

starsign
Club Player

thought N044 turned the tide!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

If most people watched it with both eyes they would pissing themselves laughing at your comment. Be happy with a good win and forget about the umpires.

SaintTom
Club Player

Umpires weren't great tonight, but they weren't great for both teams. I don't think we got stiffed any more than they did.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

If most people watched it with both eyes they would pissing themselves laughing at your comment. Be happy with a good win and forget about the umpires.
Forget it mate, I can't brush off your 'pro-AFL-at-any-cost jargon every time, sometimes I just have to prize your puffy eyelids open, no matter how much it hurts.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Forget it mate, I can't brush off your 'pro-AFL-at-any-cost jargon every time, sometimes I just have to prize your puffy eyelids open, no matter how much it hurts.
I get it. Pro AFL if you think the umpires arent cheating. It makes so much sense that they would cheat for Adelaide to win.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Not sure of the free kick count but I got the impression the umps were on our side tonight, no?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Not sure of the free kick count but I got the impression the umps were on our side tonight, no?
We were ahead of the overall count the last time I noticed, but I'd say we were spanked on inside 50 frees. Adelaide scored a lot of their goals through set shots from free kicks in the second and third quarters. Pretty poor standard of umpiring, inconsistent for both teams.

Or, I'm embarrassing myself and none of this actually happened. Whatever.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Beej wrote:Not sure of the free kick count but I got the impression the umps were on our side tonight, no?
We were ahead of the overall count the last time I noticed, but I'd say we were spanked on inside 50 frees. Adelaide scored a lot of their goals through set shots from free kicks in the second and third quarters. Pretty poor standard of umpiring, inconsistent for both teams.

I think your second para has it summed up.

S.A Saint
Club Player

we deff got the rub of the green like i said in another thread..if people cant see that we got decisions our way then id hate to be with them when it goes against us...

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
starsign
Club Player

if we did get a good run it only goes a little way towards balancing up the times we have been slaughted by crowd influencing umpiring performances at AAMI over the years!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Take your previous forum enlightenment from another thread (since we're all so one-eyed and clueless) for example: 6 frees to Lenny, 3 against - the two frees against Lenny in the Crows F50 weren't even vaguely there, but it cost us 7 points.

Now you're going to tell me Stanley didn't kick a goal, Big Mac didn't deserve a 50 on the wing, the kick to Petrenko (goal to the Crows) travelled 15 meters, Douglas was man-handled by Gwilt mark anyway, but goal to Crows), Schnieder wasn't pushed in the back in front of goal, NDS threw the ball at the start of the third despite being meters in the clear and steaming towards goal, etc, etc, right?

Sure, decisions get missed, but the frees in the F50 to the Crows were poor and all came at the same time. They could have cost us the game. Perhaps the evener for 4-5 easy goals to the Crows was letting Raph get away with a push in the back in the third? How generous.

Did you see any of these, or were you only watching the game thread?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Take your previous forum enlightenment from another thread (since we're all so one-eyed and clueless) for example: 6 frees to Lenny, 3 against - the two frees against Lenny in the Crows F50 weren't even vaguely there, but it cost us 7 points.

Now you're going to tell me Stanley didn't kick a goal, Big Mac didn't deserve a 50 on the wing, the kick to Petrenko (goal to the Crows) travelled 15 meters, Douglas was man-handled by Gwilt mark anyway, but goal to Crows), Schnieder wasn't pushed in the back in front of goal, NDS threw the ball at the start of the third despite being meters in the clear and steaming towards goal, etc, etc, right?

Sure, decisions get missed, but the frees in the F50 to the Crows were poor and all came at the same time. They could have cost us the game. Perhaps the evener for 4-5 easy goals to the Crows was letting Raph get away with a push in the back in the third? How generous.

Funny how the umpires only missed our. How embarrassing. Or is it lack of knowledge. Stop it before they all laugh at you.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Funny how the umpires only missed our. How embarrassing. Or is it lack of knowledge. Stop it before they all laugh at you.
Oh contrare my miserable friend, I never implied that at all. But what I did say was we were murdered by the umpires at a crucial time of the game...we only got out of it by playing on and taking the umpire out of the game completely, thank Christ, otherwise we were screwed.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Thought the umpire was fairly even tonight. A lot of holding the ball decisions - more than normal I thought - but it applied to both teams.

Must have been a directive about players on the grass reaching for the ball.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Oh contrare my miserable friend, I never implied that at all. But what I did say was we were murdered by the umpires at a crucial time of the game...we only got out of it by playing on and taking the umpire out of the game completely, thank Christ, otherwise we were screwed.
I get it, mserable because I havent whinged. People from Adelaide are so funny.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Thought the umpire was fairly even tonight. A lot of holding the ball decisions - more than normal I thought - but it applied to both teams.

have to agree with you.....thought the umpiring was more than okay....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Thought the umpire was fairly even tonight. A lot of holding the ball decisions - more than normal I thought - but it applied to both teams.

It's a blight on the game, IMO
And why are umpires paying them when their view is often only from one side and obstructed?

It was patently obvious from the stand on the city-side that players on the ground with the footy were attempting to get rid of the ball, but the umpire, stationed toweards the middle of the ground couldn't see it and paid holding the ball.

The rule is unfair to the player going in and getting the ball - there has to be a better way of policing this one?

And plugger - we received many more frees for this tha we got paid against us, so it's nothing to do with us getting a raw deal.

It is so obvious to those sitting on the opposite side of the umpires that he cannot possibly see what is going on and yet they pay them - guessing that no attempt was made.