Finally it has happened...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shrappy
Club Player

Finally it has happened...

About 16 weeks too late, RC dropped, 3 half decent games in 3 years and he couldnt be carried any more. Maybe it is just me, out for first part of year and we were unbeaten, he comes in we start to lose and others start to panic around him... i could highlight at least 2 errors per game that directly cost goals and when we are only kicking 10 and trying to win it can not happen any longer.

At least 5 good game in the 2's before even considered again for mine...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finally it has happened...

Shrappy wrote:About 16 weeks too late, RC dropped, 3 half decent games in 3 years and he couldnt be carried any more. Maybe it is just me, out for first part of year and we were unbeaten, he comes in we start to lose and others start to panic around him... i could highlight at least 2 errors per game that directly cost goals and when we are only kicking 10 and trying to win it can not happen any longer.

Luckily you arent coach then.

Finna
Club Player

Shrappy wrote:About 16 weeks too late, RC dropped, 3 half decent games in 3 years and he couldnt be carried any more. Maybe it is just me, out for first part of year and we were unbeaten, he comes in we start to lose and others start to panic around him... i could highlight at least 2 errors per game that directly cost goals and when we are only kicking 10 and trying to win it can not happen any longer.

Raph may or may not be in the best 22 but I think your drawing some pretty out there conclusions here.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

That a bit of a stretch to say Raph has any connection to us loosing. By the way it was 5 and 2 lat time I looked

He is not the onle one that has made mistakes that cost goals, it would happen in every team evry week I would think, just look at the runner for example

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what were the 3 games in the last three years that he was half decent in??

Solar
Saintsational Legend

love how the low post idiots love coming in to flame clarke.....

take it to facebook you moron

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BallBanger
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Are you not concerned p66 that players are holding their spot with no/little form and replacements are not up to scratch...is it our recruiting that has has not supplied? certainly its not injuries.

Players in strong sides who don't perform are replaced.

Reading between the lines you obviously have contacts in the know but you must be a little concerned about our lack of midfield/forward/back pace as well as key position back-up.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:love how the low post idiots love coming in to flame clarke.....

Does having a high post count make you an expert?

Cut some slack. Everyone is entitled to a say however ridiculous it may seem.

Another opportunity awaits!
westy
Club Player

You have got to be Ken Kidding

I'm livin' in a madhouse
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Raph's been held over as the emergency hasn't he? So if somebody wakes up with the sniffles or tweaks something in warmups then he'll be right back into the side. Obviously Ross does have some faith in his ability, even if you don't.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Raph Clarke will be a valuable players when he can learns to relax out there.

Generally players become accustomed to the speed and pressure of the game after around 50-70 games, some take longer, some get it from the start, and some never get there.

Consecutive games are really important in getting to this level quicker, this is something that Raph has barely been able to do.

Raphs longest run of consecutive games is 12, which was last year from rd.14 til the GF.

Its taken him 7 seasons to get to 60 games...it's hard to get your confidence up and therefore have poise, and relax under pressure in the heat of the battle.

His confidence would be at an all time low, which is not what you want when making pressure decisions, and trying to hit up targets under pressure.

I'm not sure if he'll ever get there, but given a decent run I'm sure he's got what it takes.

We need him to get there, because when he's up and running he's a very versatile handy defender.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Are you not concerned p66 that players are holding their spot with no/little form and replacements are not up to scratch...is it our recruiting that has has not supplied? certainly its not injuries.

Reading between the lines you obviously have contacts in the know but you must be a little concerned about our lack of midfield/forward/back pace as well as key position back-up.
I am very concerned with our form I am unlike others who seem to think it will automatically return but I still dont like rubbish posts like his. That was the point of my smartarse comment.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Solar wrote:love how the low post idiots love coming in to flame clarke.....

Does having a high post count make you an expert?

Cut some slack. Everyone is entitled to a say however ridiculous it may seem.
Most come on specially to pot a player. I do notice that those who are more regular spend a little more time writing "why" the believe it's good that a certain player was dropped. These drop kicks blame clarke for everything under the sun. If we win we wont see them for another month or two.

FQF
In richo I trust

fingers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BallBanger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am very concerned with our form I am unlike others who seem to think it will automatically return but I still dont like rubbish posts like his. That was the point of my smartarse comment.
I'm with you plugger.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So according to the OP we should now win the flag, because all of our woes are due solely to one player.

I will now hold this poster personally responsible if we dont.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So according to the OP we should now win the flag, because all of our woes are due solely to one player.

I will now hold this poster personally responsible if we dont.
lock it in. Also global warming and world peace are simple if only we take out raph clarke

FQF
In richo I trust

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Raph was also sighted on the grassy knoll, and in the book depositry...
Last edited by Leo.J on Sun 16 May 2010 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

na exa
Club Player

and i thought the rot was started by gilbert kicking it out on the full twice in 5 minutes.

gilberts the issue , has been since the woodies game.

(raph into the forwards ... for an extended period)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
na exa
Club Player

the new mods to ban any raph sympathisers ... that'll fix , everything.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Funnily - I still believe in Raph Clarke.

Put him forward... HFF.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:That a bit of a stretch to say Raph has any connection to us loosing. By the way it was 5 and 2 lat time I looked

He is not the onle one that has made mistakes that cost goals, it would happen in every team evry week I would think, just look at the runner for example
Goddard makes errors that cost goals regularly but he does enough through the game for that not to be a factor or a point of discussion....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
Leo.J
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:That a bit of a stretch to say Raph has any connection to us loosing. By the way it was 5 and 2 lat time I looked

Goddard makes errors that cost goals regularly but he does enough through the game for that not to be a factor or a point of discussion....
Funny you should say that about BJ, I remember there was a lynch mob on here for him a couple of years ago, especially when he had a run of regularly getting run down from behind.

At that stage BJ had only played about 60 games.

Now BJ is one of our elites.

While I'm not sure Raph will ever be on Par with BJ, I'm sure given his chance he'll make the grade.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:42am, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

TOOL ALERT!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

2 errors per game. That puts him in our best players then.