Steven Gaertner....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Steven Gaertner....

This is his last year as a rookie and if we are going to promote him to the senior list next year, I feel he should play a couple of games this year, especially since we have the option to promote him ATM.

With Zac out of form down back, I feel it's a good time to do so and maybe play Zac up forward as another marking option.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

could do worse....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:could do worse....
How has he been playing at Sandy Stinger?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Steven Gaertner....

St Fidelius wrote:This is his last year as a rookie and if we are going to promote him to the senior list next year, I feel he should play a couple of games this year, especially since we have the option to promote him ATM.

With Zac out of form down back, I feel it's a good time to do so and maybe play Zac up forward as another marking option.
This may not be the answer, but this I like as an option :D

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

If he plays like he did in the NAB cup game against Freo, we could certainly do worse.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
WaggaSaint
Club Player

199cm

Why isn't he in the ruck?

why not throw someone like him in to give him a go, be a good exercise to see how he goes in the big league, particularly against a younger team such as Essendon.

Nice one chopps....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WaggaSaint wrote:199cm

why not throw someone like him in to give him a go, be a good exercise to see how he goes in the big league, particularly against a younger team such as Essendon.
Because he cant ruck. he is rookie and a fair way off I would think. Better options than him at the moment.

footynut
Club Player

I've personal never seen him play, however it appears as if he has really come on this year. He has been in the best for Sandy in the Past 3 games. Looked alright in the NAB cup; is 199cm, quick, fairly agile (no less than Zac) and can play in a variety of positions. I think he would be a great inclusion!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

footynut wrote:I've personal never seen him play, however it appears as if he has really come on this year. He has been in the best for Sandy in the Past 3 games. Looked alright in the NAB cup; is 199cm, quick, fairly agile (no less than Zac) and can play in a variety of positions. I think he would be a great inclusion!!!
You haven't seen him play but think he would be a great inclusion :shock:

he was selected as in the Sandy best on Saturday, but I can honestly say I didn't see much of him at all, although i was watching Tommy Walsh, and Jesse Smith most of the time.

If you are looking for a backman, you would be better off with Walsh at the moment, and I dont think that will be happpening soon.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WaggaSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
WaggaSaint wrote:199cm

Because he cant ruck. he is rookie and a fair way off I would think. Better options than him at the moment.
Fair enough... I'd never paid attention to him before this thread! He needs a hair cut though :wink:

Nice one chopps....
footynut
Club Player

Sorry joffa let me rephase that 'I've never seen him play live'.