players under pressure tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

players under pressure tonight

Interested to hear who people think are under pressure for their spots?

Kingy must be under pressure as the idea of picking stanley or macca as mobile ruck/forwards (allowing kosi to ruck) would be gaining weight every week we struggle going forward. Essendon seem the perfect time to try this combo IMO

Jack steven, mini and geary need to keep pressuring hard, tackling well and running hard to position. Steven ha the tank to work both ways in the midfield and I would like to see him given a few games to get up to speed.

Jimmy and raph would be under pressure with jesse smith getting a game under his belt. Always good to have players pushing from below.

Zac from the backman a sandy.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert is under pressure to hit targets with his disposals.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Mini may be under pressure if used in and under, replacing Armo. May see Steven forward flank (obviously has eyes for goal). Really interesting night tonight, can't wait.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Finna
Club Player

Re: players under pressure tonight

Solar wrote:Interested to hear who people think are under pressure for their spots?

Kingy must be under pressure as the idea of picking stanley or macca as mobile ruck/forwards (allowing kosi to ruck) would be gaining weight every week we struggle going forward. Essendon seem the perfect time to try this combo IMO

Jack steven, mini and geary need to keep pressuring hard, tackling well and running hard to position. Steven ha the tank to work both ways in the midfield and I would like to see him given a few games to get up to speed.

Jimmy and raph would be under pressure with jesse smith getting a game under his belt. Always good to have players pushing from below.

Zac from the backman a sandy.
Jimmy is NOT under pressure has been one of our best and most consistent all year.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Kosi.

Seriously.

Lift.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I would hope that the entire 22 who run out tonight feel some sort of pressure to perform. Having said that, Ross appears reluctant to make changes to a winning side so being part of a winning side is a pretty good start !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

They should all feel pressure to give their best for the team to get 4 points. That is what we need at the moment.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
spert
Saintsational Legend

No pressure from Sandy Saints after their performance on the weekend. I expect RL to be trying out forward structures tonight, as although we are a great defensive team, we will not get that elusive premiership without a more versatile and productive forward line, and more goals from midfielders. With Kosi down of form at FF, we are down one player in the forward line, as no matter how much you might be there to use your body etc., a FF has to kick goals too. Our CHF position is a problem without Roo, so effectively we have no spine in the forward line. Looking at Geelong, you have Pods at FF, but he wouldn't get a touch in a lesser team than Geelong where lots of mids contribute to scoring and pumping the ball in.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

bigred wrote:Kosi.

Seriously.

Lift.
+1

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Kosi.

Seriously.

Lift.
He did last game. Hopefully he will continue this week. Expect him to kick a couple on Carlton's backline.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: players under pressure tonight

Finna wrote:Jimmy and raph would be under pressure with jesse smith getting a game under his belt. Always good to have players pushing from below.
Jimmy is NOT under pressure has been one of our best and most consistent all year.[/quote]

agreed. as long as he keeps playing like this across half-back, he'll be ensconced in the side.

however, i reckon raph is under pressure as the seventh of our seven defenders. the defenders are picked in this order at the moment, i reckon.

s fisher
gilbert
baker
blake
gwilt
dawson
r clarke

no way the first five will be dropped any time soon. dawson is in a little trouble at position six but he'll still be fine for a while. raph, then, is the most likely next out.

older saint
SS Life Member

CARLTON PLAYERS- from the first siren until the end of thegame they will be under immense pressure which will result in a number of turnovers and a loss of the game.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I'm under pressure trying to concentrate on work

Another opportunity awaits!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Kingy - not sure what Ross sees as his benefit over MCEvoy, who can take grabs in defence and forward, and cover the ground better....don't see alot of difference in tapouts to advantage.

Nee!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:I'm under pressure trying to concentrate on work
I'm under pressure to turn up to my gig tonight, rather than stay at home and watch the game. :cry:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Clearly Kosi. I dont think he can be dropped what ever he does but it is about time he gave us something. He is a good 5 game player a year. This year so far it is nil good games so tonight just has to be his.