Stanley injured...???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Stanley injured...???

This was posted by Vicco on Bigfooty

I heard on SEN late last night that Stanley may have OP and unfortunately being at the game today you could see he was really struggling with it. Could not get in the game today and never got near his top pace and never chased hard in the contest. The one time I saw him put a big effort in he pulled up sore. He was the only player getting a rub down from the physio at quarter time for his quads and groin and I often saw him stretching it and in the last quarter and he was limping slightly. He is far from playing at AFL level at the moment.

In terms of this what do our Sandi-game watchers think?

I also not the rumours about Stanley and his possible groin injury a few a games back.

If true, then apart from lack of 4 quarter form, it could be softly softly with Stanley for a while...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Yep, been hearing murmurings of this myself and I also heard it mentioned by Darren Parker on SEN late a couple of nights ago.

As I mentioned in your previous thread about Stanley saintsrising, if it is the case, I hope they rest him as I don't want to see another Luke Ball scenario.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh f*** :?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bad news for the kid if true, but early days in his career yet, he can be nursed through it by talented fitness and conditioning staff...

I am still not convinced he was as close to getting a senior game as some others may have thought, so it shouldn't have any significant impact on our senior side this season.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

looked a little sore but was still very quick and was covering lots of space. Perhaps it's more getting up to fitness and feeling it a little. Big bodies can do that

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:looked a little sore but was still very quick and was covering lots of space. Perhaps it's more getting up to fitness and feeling it a little. Big bodies can do that
I like your positive outlook Solar.

Let me hitch meself to your wagon :D

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Solar wrote:looked a little sore but was still very quick and was covering lots of space. Perhaps it's more getting up to fitness and feeling it a little. Big bodies can do that
I like your positive outlook Solar.

Let me hitch meself to your wagon :D
after watching the likes of ball or judd lose all their speed makes me question the OP call because there was one piece of play where he sprinted away from a quick small midfielder from coburg and actually put space between them. Someone suffering from OP can't do this!

Gram is the one that worries me. From my reading the core strength exercises they do have reduced OP to none existance but it has meant that they can train them harder and other areas of the core are getting sore (ie hips).

FQF
In richo I trust

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

He is young and big...and may need a while to build up enough core body strength.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball was a gun sprinter before OP. Now it would just be our luck to have another taken away from us.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Luke Ball was a gun sprinter before OP. Now it would just be our luck to have another taken away from us.
Well I hope he hasn't got the dreaded OP, but even if he was unlucky enough to have it, I'm sure he'll be handled a lot better than Ball was. :shock:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

At quarter time he had both hammys rubbed down, but that wouldn't point to OP IMO.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:At quarter time he had both hammys rubbed down, but that wouldn't point to OP IMO.
Only Quarter time!!!......I don't know what that points towards...but it sounds like there is at least some issue that they want to keep under control.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:At quarter time he had both hammys rubbed down, but that wouldn't point to OP IMO.
Only Quarter time!!!......I don't know what that points towards...but it sounds like there is at least some issue that they want to keep under control.
how about a body that is still learning to survive in the higher level environment that is a AFL club???

FQF
In richo I trust

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Also from Vicco

Just noticed someone saw my post and mentioned it on the saintsational forum. Since im not registered with them im gonna reply on here.
Solar said he was still very quick and was covering lots of space. I agree with you there because when he was close to the ball he did make quick bursts at the ball but if you watched him very closely like I was he was never able to follow those up and 99% of the game he was at half pace. For example he made a great contest in the final quarter to keep the ball in play and then chase hard after the Coburg player got it but as I was right near that contest straight after the chase he pulled up sore and stopped his run as soon as it started. Thats not like Stanley.
To saintpremeirs do you not know where the hammys are located? Haha he was lying on his back and getting his groin rubbed down and then his right quad got some work at the quarter time break. I was literally 3 meters away from him and I know 100% that was no where near his hammys.
I have no idea if it is OP. I only said this because of what I heard on SEN and other rumours floating around and it was definitely some kind of groin problem he was having. I hope for his sake that whatever it is he can beat it and claim a spot in the seniors because he is one of the most exiting players on our list at the moment.

PS Vicco. I think you had valuable and interesting insights of interest o many and hense the reposting.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

I watched the whole game from beside the Sandy bench and did not see Rhys get any treatment that other players didn't get.
He looks fine to me.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
manoffewwords
Club Player

I was standing next to the sandy bench for the last half.
I think it was the last quarter, Stanley came of and looked only a little distressed and the physio worked high up the inside leg, heading up to the groin, worked on it for a while. I think he went back on. didnt pay that much attention but they definately put a bit of work into it.

MOFW

Say something once why say it again?
linz
Club Player

manoffewwords wrote:I was standing next to the sandy bench for the last half.
I think it was the last quarter, Stanley came of and looked only a little distressed and the physio worked high up the inside leg, heading up to the groin, worked on it for a while. I think he went back on. didnt pay that much attention but they definately put a bit of work into it.

MOFW
When the physio was working high up the inside leg and then heading up to the groin, working on it for a while.

What was the reaction from Stanley and more importantly what was the gender of the physio? :D :D :D

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

manoffewwords wrote:I was standing next to the sandy bench for the last half.

MOFW
he was being worked on alot at three quarter time, perhaps it's a niggle. Interesting thoughts as he did not run out contests. My thought was that his fitness was not up to playing on the ball. Will keep an eye out at TEAC oval this saturday

FQF
In richo I trust

groupie1
Club Player

Having Stanley means we can RELEASE GODDARD FORWARD

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
matrix
Saintsational Legend

goddard plays across the back flank thru the middle

stanley goes forward

bj is a pinch hitter up forward for the odd few goals
he is NOT to be a perm forward

i have spoken 8-)
:P

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

He certainly could be, though.
Word.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:Having Stanley means we can RELEASE GODDARD FORWARD
Not sure I follow you there?

With Gram out Goddard is playing more midfield. If Gram was playing then I suspect that BJ would be rotating more between forward and midfield.

I am not sure that BJ currently has the right temperament to play as a 100% forward where you can spend large periods cooling you heels (ie the Kosi dilemma).. IMO BJ is very competitive guy who thrives on being in constant action.

groupie1
Club Player

Sorry guys,

the whole 'release Goddard forward' thing is a joke about how all anyone reads in the Herald Sun is how 'such and such player comes in to release Goddard forward'. It's a joke about H-S incompetence.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga