The way we play and future fixture scheduling.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The way we play and future fixture scheduling.

We could play in boob tubes while whistling dixie for all I care, if we are winning.

However, dont for one minute think that this "horrible" brand of footy we play, occassionally, wont go un noticed by the over payed ring leaders at the AFL. Who, of course are and will continue to be dictated to by the TV networks.

Two shockers in a row for us now, to the great unwashed who are not St.Kilda supporters anyway.

I worry we will quickly develop a stigma of the "boring" team, if we havent already. This will no doubt lead to very few Friday night games , and may see us relegated to the non prime otherwise "crap" fixturing positions, i.e many more Sunday Twilight games , Sundays in general etc...

Food for thought. Could really bite us on the rump in the future.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Re: The way we play and future fixture scheduling.

iwantmeseats wrote:We could play in boob tubes while whistling dixie for all I care, if we are winning.

However, dont for one minute think that this "horrible" brand of footy we play, occassionally, wont go un noticed by the over payed ring leaders at the AFL. Who, of course are and will continue to be dictated to by the TV networks.

Two shockers in a row for us now, to the great unwashed who are not St.Kilda supporters anyway.

I worry we will quickly develop a stigma of the "boring" team, if we havent already. This will no doubt lead to very few Friday night games , and may see us relegated to the non prime otherwise "crap" fixturing positions, i.e many more Sunday Twilight games , Sundays in general etc...

Food for thought. Could really bite us on the rump in the future.
keep winning games, making finals and the membership number will continue to be high. I would not complaign about sunday games, as long as it's only sunday games. Right now it's either sunday/monday games or friday night games and thats a killer (tons of 6 day breaks)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I don't care about all of that, if we do what we have to do to keep winning and ultimately win the premiership, the money will come flowing in and they can't ignore us!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss