Go Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Go Raph

Great game all night was prepared to keep presenting and create an option. His spoiling is by far the best at the Saints. Yes he fumbled once or twice but his willingness to get involved and spoil is invaluable.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
mullet
Saintsational Legend

and he has a really angry face on :evil:

wraiyth
Club Player

Raphs main problem is that he turns it over in the backline. Wouldn't be so much of a problem if it was more up the ground, turnovers happen in footy, but when it can (and I think it did tonight once or twice) cost you 6 points, it makes the player look alot worse. If Raph took 1 or 2 less steps with the ball and didnt get caught as much he'd be a much less maligned player.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Go Raph

CURLY wrote:Great game all night was prepared to keep presenting and create an option. His spoiling is by far the best at the Saints. Yes he fumbled once or twice but his willingness to get involved and spoil is invaluable.
Agree totally

Made a few skill errors, but i think the majority of players for both teams had the same problem with the preessure that both teams were applying.

Young Georgie
Club Player

Loved the way Raph attacked the game from the first bounce. You could see he was on early. He and the entire team fumbled and fell and stuffed up all match but he and the team perservered and his final quarter like many others was fantastic.

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Very hard to hit targets with preasure coming from both the front and back with a full ground zone confronting you. Players cut off kicks from all angles in these zones Raph at least runs and creates movment.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good intensity gave 100% all night, did some good things, did some b ad things.

Probably just a pass.

Still very much under pressure...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

should tonight why he is in the team

does his job.

Runs hard, keeps his feet mostly and creates. Best thing is that he will keep getting better

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I loved it when that Footscray arsehole kneed him in the head and he showed a bit of attitude - basically told the prick to F*&K off in no uncertain terms.

Keep up the hardness Raph.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Raph is getting better and better.

I think he could pop up in the forward line as well.

Mooksy
Club Player

I am not one of the many Raph baggers but he gave me the s***s tonight.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Runs hard, keeps his feet mostly and creates. Best thing is that he will keep getting better
that's what i like about him. he creates. makes some blues of course, but without grammy we need all the risk-takers we can find.

Banger724
Club Player

lets not get too excited. posters have admitted he has turnovers but its the areas he does it... he turns over because of a lack of a awareness ... others turn it over kicking 50 or 60 to a contest... he does it missing a target 25 meters away... has a lot of work to do.

great to get the win though.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Banger724 wrote:lets not get too excited. posters have admitted he has turnovers but its the areas he does it... he turns over because of a lack of a awareness ... others turn it over kicking 50 or 60 to a contest... he does it missing a target 25 meters away... has a lot of work to do.

disagree, I actually think the reason he turns it over is because he actually tries to pin point too much. Thus he holds onto it more and gets under pressure. If he can hit those targets and get confidence then these mistakes will disapear.

He gives us just as much run as gilbert (who turns it over more).

FQF
In richo I trust

Zippy
Club Player

I like players who can create but are error-prone to be further away from our defensive line, so the errors aren't as costly. With Reiwoldt out,it'd be nice to try him on the half-forward line for a while.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Banger724 wrote:lets not get too excited. posters have admitted he has turnovers but its the areas he does it... he turns over because of a lack of a awareness ... others turn it over kicking 50 or 60 to a contest... he does it missing a target 25 meters away... has a lot of work to do.

Oh yeah and what about the Gilbert turnover that DIRECTLY resulted in a Griffen goal.

But no - the lovechild Gilbert never gets critisised :roll:

You Facebook Raph haters have egg all over you stupid faces :twisted:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Banger724
Club Player

not a raph hater, or a gilbert lover... just want to see saints win. agree.. gilberts turnover was horrid.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:I like players who can create but are error-prone to be further away from our defensive line, so the errors aren't as costly. With Reiwoldt out, it'd be nice to try him on the half-forward line for a while.
well we are crying out for some sort of stable forward structure.

wraiyth
Club Player

Difference is that Gilbert is generally good and had a poor game. Raph seems to be the opposite.

rexy
SS Life Member

Thought raph was great, probably had as good a set of hands as anyone in the side, really attacked the contest and got ahead of the play and received to run more regularly than Fisher Gilbert or any other defender tonight. One of our best IMO, alot seem to remember one turn over? The whle side kicked terribly tonight IMO, Only remember raph doing it once?

Maybe this year?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

wraiyth wrote:Difference is that Gilbert is generally good and had a poor game. Raph seems to be the opposite.
Crap - lovechild has been missing targets for weeks.

he heas been worked out by opposition teams trhat he cant kick on the right foot and force him on to his left.

You go over to Facebook with all the other Raph haters.

He has made the fickle haters have eggs ALL OVER THEIR FACES TONIGHT.

Suck it up you bunch of princesses :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He did a lot of good things....especially running from behind out of defence...

He did make critical errors, relating directly to two Bulldog goals....Gilbert made one....

I thought it was Blake who made the most errors down back tonight....

Our back are very good defensively....but are all low in skill level..

wraiyth
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
wraiyth wrote:Difference is that Gilbert is generally good and had a poor game. Raph seems to be the opposite.
Crap - lovechild has been missing targets for weeks.

he heas been worked out by opposition teams trhat he cant kick on the right foot and force him on to his left.

You go over to Facebook with all the other Raph haters.

He has made the fickle haters have eggs ALL OVER THEIR FACES TONIGHT.

Suck it up you bunch of princesses :roll: :roll:
Ah god I love coming on here after a game, your retardedness makes me laugh.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

The two so called 'supporters' behind me didn't give him a break all night. Before he even got the ball they would say things like:
" OH for God's sake don't give it to Clarke"
" Clarke has been one of the best on ground.....For the Bulldogs"

I was very close to turning around and having a go, but instead I just made sure I gave him a big cheer everytime he got the ball.

He was FAR from our worst tonight, but some 'supporters' still cannot give him a go.

I would like to see said 'supporters' out there having a go so everyone can rip on them all game.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:The two so called 'supporters' behind me didn't give him a break all night. Before he even got the ball they would say things like:
" OH for God's sake don't give it to Clarke"
" Clarke has been one of the best on ground.....For the Bulldogs"

I was very close to turning around and having a go, but instead I just made sure I gave him a big cheer everytime he got the ball.

He was FAR from our worst tonight, but some 'supporters' still cannot give him a go.

I would like to see said 'supporters' out there having a go so everyone can rip on them all game.
join the STFU group..... when they yell something like that just yell that out and they will shut up.... perhaps mention that most like to come and support :P

FQF
In richo I trust