Bandwagon lightens....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bandwagon lightens....

Gee one game when our execution level was down and the boys were a bit flat and the knives are out in full swing.

I think St Kilda fans have gotten too used to winning after last magnicent H&A season.

Personally I am of the few that after such a long string of very good performance that slack should be cut when some weeks do not measure up.

Gameplan and structures by and large still looked pretty good to me for despite a numbers of Saints having an off night PA who were really up and about had extreme difficulty in scoring.

Now not meaning to pick on any Saints in particular but for example if Kosi and Milne had snagged a few marks that they should have and if Sam had done a bit better with his running shots on goal the Saints could have won despite being flat.

Also the Saints being flat is just not our players being down, but the Power being up.

Looking at our first 5 games it is pretty clear now that the saints are "the hunted". teams rise when they play as as they desperately want to beat us.

While a lot of attention has gone onto our forward line (and yes Kosi and Milne were below par amonst others such as Mini) our midfield has been a valuable contributor St Kilda goals this year. They scored not one goal this week.

Our midfield needs to kick goals for us to defeat an opponent that is playing well. Moreso when the big blonde fella is out.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 25 Apr 2010 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Great post couldn't have said it better. Especially the thread title.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: Bandwagon lightens....

saintsRrising wrote:Gee one game when our execution level was down and the boys were a bit flat and the knives are out in full swing.

I think St Kilda fans have gotten too used to winning after last magnicent H&A season.

Personally I am of the few that after such a long string of very good performance that slack should be cut when some weeks do not measure up.

Gameplan and structures by and large still looked pretty good to me for despite a numbers of Saints having an off night PA who were really up and about had extreme difficulty in scoring.

Now not meaning to pick on any Saints in particular but for example if Kosi and Milne had snagged a few marks that they should have and if Sam had done a bit better with his running shots on goal the Saints could have won despite being flat.

Also the Saints being flat is just not our players being down, but the Power being up.

Looking at our first 5 games it is pretty clear now that the saints are "the hunted". teams rise when they play as as they desperately want to beat us.

While a lot of attention has gone onto our forward line (and yes Kosi and Milne were below par amonst others such as Mini) our midfield has been a valuable contributor St Kilda goals this year. They scored not one goal this week.

Our midfield needs to kick goals for us to defeat an opponent that is playing well. Moreso when the big blonde fella is out.
+1 excatly

Badlands
Club Player

+1 here as well.

Some disgraceful posts emerging in the last 24 hrs.
We were very ordinary. These things happen.

There are ways of criticising one's performance without the attack becoming personal. There seem to be a few who have yet to discover how to do this.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Well said all of the above..with a special mention to those people who use the Forum exclusively as a place to vent when we lose. Dont see em during the good wins but sure as eggs up they pop as soon as we drop one, carrying on like we've just grabbed the wooden spoon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

great post! At times like this I think the club motto needs to become our ACTION and not a mantra!
Our coach and players need our loyalty more than EVER after a loss!
I'm prepared to give it! Who's with me?
Go Saints! Go Kosi!

One Club, one dream!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Saints43
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Gee one game when our execution level was down and the boys were a bit flat and the knives are out in full swing.

As you are, apparently, one of the few who hasn't jumped off the bandwagon would you please name at least some of the many who have jumped off after last nights performance.

I would be interested to know.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I've been on this wagon, even when it was a rusted broken down heap that won wooden spoons, but I do hate losing to Port, we do it way too often, especially now when even without Roo, I know we are a 6 goal better team.
As I said in my other posts, people have blasted Kosi, but, he did take our only mark in the forward 50 last night and that was the only time the ball was delivered to his advantage, he is not Roo, he is totally different type of player, you put the ball up so he can jump at it and either mark it, or split the pack and spill the ball to our small forwards.
We lost night because we didn't play Saints footy, we played dumb footy.
Good sides learn from their errors.
I think people also forget the hole left by Gram and Ray not playing last night, it took away two of our best link and carry players through the middle.
Anyone know why Ray was out?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

+1
agree with this post
even though im only kinda new to the site ive been a fan since i started supporting afl....

ive supported the highlights and lowlights

last night although a terrible performance by the team as a whole was not a lowlight in the history if our club..

yet we see ppl calling for lyons head kosis head milnes head etc

as you said where were our mid goals etc

the saints win as a team they lose as a team but us as supporters should be doing just that.. giving our support regardless of how we play.. try lift the boys up to try that bit harder

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

-1 sorry sRr
I think the "diehards" should have more backbone to put up with some taunts from the "bandwagoners" otherwise thats what the StK FC forum is for..."I love Dal" etc

Apart from the performance we put in, I think what is getting most people's goat is the fact that Geelong smashed this team by 100 points last week, thats a BIG TURN AROUND from just a so so team.

And do you still disagree about the "sydney squeeze" comparison?
North melbourne game aside, what I am find worrying is we continue with game plan, while the trend continues to show we are getting smashed at the clearances.

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:-1 sorry sRr
I think the "diehards" should have more backbone to put up with some taunts from the "bandwagoners" otherwise thats what the StK FC forum is for..."I love Dal" etc

Apart from the performance we put in, I think what is getting most people's goat is the fact that Geelong smashed this team by 100 points last week, thats a BIG TURN AROUND from just a so so team.
You mean the Geelong who lost to Fremantle the week before we beat Fremantle?

That Geelong?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I understand it's pretty agitating reading some of the venting on here after a loss or poor performance - but isn't that what this forum is about?

A place for people to come on and vent, chat, discuss and debate the Saints?

And secondly, surely after a loss it's of far more interest to be critical and analytical about the performance and reasons for it?

derby Street
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:

As you are, apparently, one of the few who hasn't jumped off the bandwagon would you please name at least some of the many who have jumped off after last nights performance.

I would be interested to know.
Read what Saintrising wrote - not the subject. SR is staying true and slagging off at players etc because we have lost ONE game. Guess what we will probably lose other games as well so I suggest you start preparing more material to fire at players, coaches, President, CEO, boot studder, ......

maverick
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I understand it's pretty agitating reading some of the venting on here after a loss or poor performance - but isn't that what this forum is about?

And secondly, surely after a loss it's of far more interest to be critical and analytical about the performance and reasons for it?
Yes but to say the problems have always been there or we need to make wholesale changes is very difficult to debate.

kalsaint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
sunsaint wrote:-1 sorry sRr

You mean the Geelong who lost to Fremantle the week before we beat Fremantle?

That Geelong?
Interesting grab at a positive. Lets see if the Saints can match Geelongs turnaround?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Yes but to say the problems have always been there or we need to make wholesale changes is very difficult to debate.
Well then don't debate it.

But please don't belittle poster's rights to express whatever they want on a fan forum.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
maverick wrote:

But please don't belittle poster's rights to express whatever they want on a fan forum.
What is this post then?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
maverick wrote:

What is this post then?
It's a response to a post that was directed at me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
maverick wrote:

What is this post then?
Silly me. I actually thought it was a post belittling another poster.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
maverick wrote:

What is this post then?
You are silly. It's not belittling in any way, shape or form.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
maverick wrote:

What is this post then?
You are silly. It's not belittling in any way, shape or form.
Well mine must have been then

kaos theory
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:I understand it's pretty agitating reading some of the venting on here after a loss or poor performance - but isn't that what this forum is about?

yes, be critical of performance,

BUT slandering players by calling them spuds, pieces of sh!t, etc. is way over the mark.

Those posters imo are the pieces of sh!t.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:great post! At times like this I think the club motto needs to become our ACTION and not a mantra!
Our coach and players need our loyalty more than EVER after a loss!
I'm prepared to give it! Who's with me?
Go Saints! Go Kosi!

One Club, one dream!
Excellent post Jigging Saint.

Just like to add that Kosi was never going to have an impact in that type of game or in those conditions last night. Neither would Roo if we were to be honest.

To underestimate Kosi after one game is sheer stupidity.

Just like to add:

GO KOSI!!!!!

I will be there next week supporting him. Hope to see others do the same.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Yes, a forum is a place for open discussions and reasonable debate. However, if half of the posts last night were to be believed, we should sack the coach, the players and the club should be shut down right now as 1 loss is an outright disgrace!!!

This is not what a supporters forum is about. Saints do not turn on their own. Criticism is one thing, but out right scapegoating of some players is what has pi&$ed off some of us. Saints stick together. If you want a scapegoat or people that turn on their own, head over to the Collingwood or Carlton forum.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I've been on the St Kilda bandwagon that long now that I couldn't get off even if I wanted to.

I'll be at Etihad full of optimism again on Friday Night. I'll also be at Livewire pre-game where the Jiggingsaint's 1st pension cheque will be demolished !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!