Some supporters! Fair Dinkum, go and support someone else!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Some supporters! Fair Dinkum, go and support someone else!

I was sitting on level one on the wing behind the interchange benches at the St. Kilda and Fremantle game yesterday. When Zac Dawson came off the ground and a so call saints supporter stood up and abused the hell out of Zac, saying things to him that I can't repeat on here. He made a dill of himself and heaps of people around him told him to sit down and shut up. Zac is out there doing his best, what is wrong with actually supporting our own players? It is a disgrace, do people forget that Zac was sick over the summer and lost 5 or 6kgs? Players don't mean to stuff up, they are doing there best. Maybe Zac should be dropped to get some form and confidence back though, but that doesn't mean that we still can't support our players. People like that should go and support Richmond or Collingwood, they are the clubs that eat there own, not us! Carn the might bloody sainters!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some supporters! Fair Dinkum, go and support someone els

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I was sitting on level one on the wing behind the interchange benches at the St. Kilda and Fremantle game yesterday. When Zac Dawson came off the ground and a so call saints supporter stood up and abused the hell out of Zac, saying things to him that I can't repeat on here. He made a dill of himself and heaps of people around him told him to sit down and shut up. Zac is out there doing his best, what is wrong with actually supporting our own players? It is a disgrace, do people forget that Zac was sick over the summer and lost 5 or 6kgs? Players don't mean to stuff up, they are doing there best. Maybe Zac should be dropped to get some form and confidence back though, but that doesn't mean that we still can't support our players. People like that should go and support Richmond or Collingwood, they are the clubs that eat there own, not us! Carn the might bloody sainters!
If you know an approximation of his seat number, report him to the club.

I say weed out the scum.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saintsfan
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I was sitting on level one on the wing behind the interchange benches at the St. Kilda and Fremantle game yesterday. When Zac Dawson came off the ground and a so call saints supporter stood up and abused the hell out of Zac, saying things to him that I can't repeat on here. He made a dill of himself and heaps of people around him told him to sit down and shut up. Zac is out there doing his best, what is wrong with actually supporting our own players? It is a disgrace, do people forget that Zac was sick over the summer and lost 5 or 6kgs? Players don't mean to stuff up, they are doing there best. Maybe Zac should be dropped to get some form and confidence back though, but that doesn't mean that we still can't support our players. People like that should go and support Richmond or Collingwood, they are the clubs that eat there own, not us! Carn the might bloody sainters!
If you know an approximation of his seat number, report him to the club.

I say weed out the scum.
The club won't care and why should they care? They have better things to do with their time than chase up a supporter who acts like a dill at the games. If somehow they don't have something better to do then the club is not being run properly and resources and being mismanaged

The Saintsfan Cometh
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The club cares about the spectator experience and they also care about members who carry on like homicidal freaks.

If the bloke was in a members section, they WILL do something about it.

Hang on...You tee of on Zac a bit...two and two together...Saintsfan? Was it YOU? :shock:

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Gee that sort of thing really annoys me, there are times when I get a frustrated with something that happens on the field but really not often and Im fairly sure a player knows themselves when they arent quite hitting the mark form wise, I dont think they need someone to stand up and given them an expletive filled spray.
I feel like telling them to get their butts out there and give it a crack. I really dont believe any player out there would be wanting to give anything less than all they have for the team.
Last edited by TazzieSaintGirl83 on Mon 19 Apr 2010 1:27pm, edited 2 times in total.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Saintsfan
Club Player

Thinline wrote:The club cares about the spectator experience and they also care about members who carry on like homicidal freaks.

If the bloke was in a members section, they WILL do something about it.

Hang on...You tee of on Zac a bit...two and two together...Saintsfan? Was it YOU? :shock:
So who do you call then do speak to someone about it? You answer the club and the club goes...oh ok...that isn't very good...

You shouldn't expect a perfect experience at the football much like you get the odd twat at the movies or at a restaurant who is louder than the whole room combined. It's just the way it is and the club has better things to do than wasting its time on such things.

I have never teed off on Zac, I happily do not rate him. To tee off is to abuse and I have and never will do so.

The Saintsfan Cometh
gringo
Saintsational Legend

i thought Zac played ok when he went forward that handpass was a real inspiration and he contested better than Fisher when he was in there. Gardy didn't do much when he went up there either, to be fair the last quarter was the only time I noticed a fairly consistent forward structure.

i think Lyon seemed to be trying bits and pieces of tall players drifting in for a bit before that. I would try Zac as a forward until Rooey comes back give him a couple of games to find his feet. With Kosi in there to straighten them up it could be an ok combo.

Anyone that abuses our players at a game is a piece of crap, I don't mind people having an opinion but abusing our own is counter productive it actually lessens our chances of playing at our best. Zac is a confidence player- that is not going to get the best out of him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well when the guy gets up off his seat for some food, beer or to take a leak then other fans could get into him and give him a spray on his performance

8-)

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Too right Gringo to have a crack at our own during the game like that is pathetic and not to mention it makes that fan look like a low rent bogan.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Its one thing to make comments to each other or on a forum but to abuse any player when they can hear is an absolute disgrace. Lucky I wasn't there, or he would have got a piece of my mind. :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Im with you Saint Bev there is a time and a place for discussion on performance and note I said discussion and not disgusting abuse.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

In the dark days at Morrabbin I can`t remember to many personal attacks on players,no matter how poor we were. It seems now that we win most of the time some supporters single out players ie, Raph Gwilt and now Zac. These ppl shoul pull there heads in or go support the filth.

I love this club
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is all good to see.

I don't mean what the spectator did do/said, but the fact we had a ripping win yet we can still get stuck into each other.

Keep up the good work boys.

Carry on!

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Zac Dawson's last quarter was terrific.

His aggression at the footy and the man while playing in the forward line was awesome IMO.

Such a gather and handball, too, to set up BJ for the opener in the last.

I rate him.

na exa
Club Player

if the dud with the mouth , is a member seated behing the interchange , and spraying players with negativity during a game ... i'd be 'sorting him out' (from a clubs pov)

theres more than one way to skin a snake ... grub.

but it is oz, it is the footy , and he is a member.

( :) .. i'd still have him sorted , but)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Saints94
SS Life Member

Nah not worth it Sainters, he is just a twit with no brains........ :x :roll:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Saints94 wrote:Nah not worth it Sainters, he is just a twit with no brains........ :x :roll:
+1

Almost as bad as the supporters that boo the team when they chip it around to create free space. Some people just have no idea.....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Stillwaiting wrote:In the dark days at Morrabbin I can`t remember to many personal attacks on players,no matter how poor we were. It seems now that we win most of the time some supporters single out players ie, Raph Gwilt and now Zac. These ppl shoul pull there heads in or go support the filth.
It wasn't very safe at Moorabbin teeing off at a player from the stands.

I remember giving Ricky Nixon a mouthful when he was playing in the ressies, then when the seniors started he came up and sat just in front of me in the stands. :shock:

I went very quiet for the rest of the day. :oops:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:In the dark days at Morrabbin I can`t remember to many personal attacks on players,no matter how poor we were. It seems now that we win most of the time some supporters single out players ie, Raph Gwilt and now Zac. These ppl shoul pull there heads in or go support the filth.

I remember giving Ricky Nixon a mouthful when he was playing in the ressies, then when the seniors started he came up and sat just in front of me in the stands. :shock:

What were you scared he would slap or tickle you to death? :wink:

I honestly believe that we have the worst "bad supporters" going around. Sometimes it's better to sit near opposition supporters rather than out own!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
rexy
SS Life Member

Depends how bad the spray was, if it is full of abusive language and just generally saying Zac you are crap, then there is no place for it. If it is directed at something specific and is just venting frustration at a specific poor decision or lack of effort then fair game I say. Its the footy, not scout camp.

Maybe this year?
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

IluvHarvey wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

What were you scared he would slap or tickle you to death? :wink:
He was a lot bigger in the stands than he was on the field. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Ya reckon?

I admit to booing a couple of efforts during the 1980s and there would have been plenty of abuse directed at Saints players by name from the terraces.

They weren't the real good old days.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We seem to have a fair few "older" supporters that...maybe cannot come to terms with modern football...

The "kick it long" brigade etc....

Or the clowns that pull their hair out every time we kick backwards to reset.

I told this Raph Clark basher to pull his fkn head in last night....
Two minutes later he sets up that goal making the guy look like an even bigger tool.

Fkn halfwit.

I am so damn sick of the clowns that single out players over and over.

Raph and Zac in particular. A Champion team will beat a team of champions any day of the week.

Seriously...one in all in. Fortius quo Fidelius.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Those aisle / bays behind the interchange are AFL area- so someone with AFL and club support- maybe-or maybe just AFL member..................

Saints bays are further along

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Well i sit behind the goals and there is a lady in the cheersquad aisle who loves to pipe up when one of the boys fumble and starts going on about how raph is pathetic, milney can't kick... etc.

She actually started early, as soon as the first bounce occurred. She went out of her tree. Her language is disgusting. There are children around, yet every year she decides to constantly bag our players, yet when the boys are winning she someone finds negatives in the game.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go saints in '09!