McEvoy was BOG for Sandringham

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

McEvoy was BOG for Sandringham

McEvoy kicked three goals and was BOG. Do you think they might rest Gardiner next week and bring McEvoy in as a replacement? I thought Gardiner looked like he was carrying an injury tonight.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEvoy was BOG for Sandringham

sainterinsydney wrote:McEvoy kicked three goals and was BOG. Do you think they might rest Gardiner next week and bring McEvoy in as a replacement? I thought Gardiner looked like he was carrying an injury tonight.
No.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Gardy should play even if on one leg.

I love this club
spert
Saintsational Legend

Although Sany Lands is hard to beat, I thought Gards has a shocker tonight and big Macca could press for selection

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Although Sany Lands is hard to beat, I thought Gards has a shocker tonight and big Macca could press for selection
He could press for selection but not at Gardi`s expense

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps at Kings expense? He seemed to give away a lot of free's against Sandilands, maybe I expect to much of him...but I thought he was quiet and doesn't throw his body around nearly enough.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

do not be suprised, we need to big boys fit and next week is a 6 day break and interstate. Not the strangest thing I have heard

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Perhaps at Kings expense? He seemed to give away a lot of free's against Sandilands, maybe I expect to much of him...but I thought he was quiet and doesn't throw his body around nearly enough.
Yes, at King's expense!

IMHO it's vital and much more important to be giving games and experience to McEvoy and King is holding back his progress and not offering all that much in return!

I see McEvoy has having more of an upside not just into the future but right here, right now!

With Kossie coming back I like the combination of Gardiner as first ruck with Kossie and McEvoy relieving and playing forward!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
wallbanger
Club Player

Whilst King provides size, presence and a bit of a contest, the most annoying thing with him is that he seems to give away SO MANY free-kicks unneccessarily. He needs to get this fact into his head - we have a GUN midfield who are more than capable of roving to the opposition ruckman. If you are out of position, DO NOT give a fee kick away - take it on the chin, make some body contact and let our midfield do their best to get the ball anyway.

Pointless ruck contest free-kicks are so annoying and must drive the coaching staff bonkers. With clearances so important in the game today, the team cannot afford to give opposition teams an advantage with free's that are just not necessary - particularly with the umpires giving the team NOTHING anyway, and looking out for anything to pull the boys up on.

It's gotta change - IMO, I would put McEboy in and leave him for several weeks. Let the boy learn.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
wallbanger
Club Player

Or maybe McEvoy - he's a little bit more mobile than McEboy. Hehe.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
sainterinsydney
Club Player

I think Gardy is gold, but I was concerned he may have been carrying an injury. This is why I suggested McEvoy as a replacement to give Gardy a rest. I have Gardy, in general, miles in front of McEvoy and King.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Gardy was towelled by Sandilands tonight. King was far more effective against the giant unit, but both rucks lowered their colours to him overall.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Gardiner is 100%. He had trouble running. Don't be too harsh on him, we won the clearances by a mile. Sandilands played well.
McEvoy and Kosi IMHO. King was solid against Sandlilands. I think Gardiner hurt himself late in the Collingwood game.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

I agree with that.

rexy
SS Life Member

Thought in the ruck contests King was the better of the 2, dont know if the stats back that up though?

Dont mind if we rotate the rucks a bit to be honest, all 3 are slightly different and have their own strengths and weaknesses. King and Gardiner are getting older and could benefit from some rest and Mcevoy is the future and on ability, age and mobility should be striving to be in the best 22 for the pointy end of the year, at whos expense if anyons is yet to be seen though.

Maybe this year?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From memory we have two 6 day breaks in a row.

So there might be good sense in resting Gardiner this week if he is at all proppy.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Just one thing I would like to point out. Last week, both McEvoy and Stanley rucked for Sandringham, and it was Stanley who was the more effective and named amongst the best, hence his selection as emergency and not McEvoy. Today McEvoy had no Stanley in the side to compete with. If anyone was to come in next week, of the two it should be Stanley, but that wont happen.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy needs to back that up for a few more weeks before he comes back in

Another opportunity awaits!