Will the real CHF please stand up....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Will the real CHF please stand up....

Well Blake is picked at CHF...

Stanley is amongst 7 who might play..

Roos when interviewd by the The Australian indicated that Fisher would be played at CHF...

Gwilt and BJ have been flagged by many fans as..

Zac was moved forward last week for a time...

Gilbert?? Na..is simply too good down back and his kicking at goal is too awkward.

Just seeing who actually starts there against freo will be interesting in itself.

I suspect that a number of players will either share the load and/or be rotated through.

Lyon and the caoching team havea 3 month hole to fill. At least against Freo it isa double hole as Kosi is out as well....and so tactically Freo is likely to be different than once the bif fella is back.

This could be a simple Stanley swap for Kosi...

If Stanley does play this week one would imagine that Lyon would not throw him to the wolves by making him the only marking target up forward. So if he does play I would still expect to see one of Fisher/Blake?Gwilt?Bj forward as well as Gardi pushing forward.
Blake can certainly read the play well and has the tank to deliver Roo's constant running. But not his speed on the lead nor his marking. Blakey is avery good reader of the play though. In the past though when moved oron drifting forward, his kicking on goal has been poor/. He is a more settled player though.

Fisher and BJ are both beautiful readers of the play. Not sure that BJ is comfortable with the constant leading though and when played as key forward in the past he has often "disappeared"...most likely because he just does not do the constant leading thata forward needs to do.

BJ is the much better kick of the two....and so if given equal opportunity BJ should convert more. I would suspect though that Sam would make the better key forward.

Gwilt. Likely to do an honest job.

Whomever plays there..we need at least two marking targets. We currently play 3 smalls in Milne. Schneider and Mini up forward and without bigger team-mates ther supply is likely to be only a trickle.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Just a guess, but I reckon that King will mainly go up against Sandilands, Gardi and Stanley will alternate between FF and the ruck when Sandilands is on the bench, and Fisher and Gwilt will share the CHF role, with BJ playing more as a third forward.

But, then again, Stanley might not even play.........................

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Milton66
SS Life Member

Unless RL is playing mind games, I reckon Fisher at CHF will be a good move.

Keep Gwilt back, and he along with Gilbert, BJ and Gram can provide plenty of run.

If Stanley comes in, put him in the square for the game.

If not, then we might see Gardiner up there with a few rotations.

IMO

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Just a guess, but I reckon that King will mainly go up against Sandilands, Gardi and Stanley will alternate between FF and the ruck when Sandilands is on the bench, and Fisher and Gwilt will share the CHF role, with BJ playing more as a third forward.

I agree that Gardi will often stand at Ff...but if for two long I think it would lose impact.

yipper
SS Life Member

I think the rotations will come thick and fast. We will try and catch the shockers out of position as often as possible. Our midfield is elite and the defensive structure will be fully intact. Our rucks will be strong as ever, it is the re-jigged forward line that will really catch them out I reckon. The version of pagan's paddock game that we have been displaying in the first 3 rounds will certainly be used to get shots at goal from inside the corridor and as close to goal as possible. We will score well and we will win well I believe.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:I think the rotations will come thick and fast. We will try and catch the shockers out of position as often as possible. Our midfield is elite and the defensive structure will be fully intact. Our rucks will be strong as ever, it is the re-jigged forward line that will really catch them out I reckon. The version of pagan's paddock game that we have been displaying in the first 3 rounds will certainly be used to get shots at goal from inside the corridor and as close to goal as possible. We will score well and we will win well I believe.
Yes..fully agree..that is how I see things going as well.

Though as Gardi showed in the last quarter...you still need atall or two...

ace
Saintsational Legend

He is the guy with the crutches.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
battye
Saintsational Legend

I think leave Stanley in the forward 50, rotate Gardiner and Goddard at FF.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't it be funny if somebody like BJ won the coleman out of the blue this year, J Brown is really the only other guy kicking bags.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest that if they are going to use Fisher and Goddard in the forward area, it will be Raph that is bought into the team to bolster the defence.

ThomasR
Club Player

Who will play on Pavlich if Fisher moves forward?

goods
Club Player

Re: Will the real CHF please stand up....

saintsRrising wrote:Well Blake is picked at CHF...

Stanley is amongst 7 who might play..

Roos when interviewd by the The Australian indicated that Fisher would be played at CHF...

Gwilt and BJ have been flagged by many fans as..

Zac was moved forward last week for a time...

Gilbert?? Na..is simply too good down back and his kicking at goal is too awkward.

Just seeing who actually starts there against freo will be interesting in itself.

I suspect that a number of players will either share the load and/or be rotated through.

Lyon and the caoching team havea 3 month hole to fill. At least against Freo it isa double hole as Kosi is out as well....and so tactically Freo is likely to be different than once the bif fella is back.

This could be a simple Stanley swap for Kosi...

If Stanley does play this week one would imagine that Lyon would not throw him to the wolves by making him the only marking target up forward. So if he does play I would still expect to see one of Fisher/Blake?Gwilt?Bj forward as well as Gardi pushing forward.
Blake can certainly read the play well and has the tank to deliver Roo's constant running. But not his speed on the lead nor his marking. Blakey is avery good reader of the play though. In the past though when moved oron drifting forward, his kicking on goal has been poor/. He is a more settled player though.

Fisher and BJ are both beautiful readers of the play. Not sure that BJ is comfortable with the constant leading though and when played as key forward in the past he has often "disappeared"...most likely because he just does not do the constant leading thata forward needs to do.

BJ is the much better kick of the two....and so if given equal opportunity BJ should convert more. I would suspect though that Sam would make the better key forward.

Gwilt. Likely to do an honest job.

Whomever plays there..we need at least two marking targets. We currently play 3 smalls in Milne. Schneider and Mini up forward and without bigger team-mates ther supply is likely to be only a trickle.
I remember when milne kicked 11 or 12 when nick was out a 2 years ago

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Given the thread title....I'll go with Slim Shady :wink: