Comentators Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Comentators Teams

Hey everybody, i was just wondering if anyone can name any commentators teams like Bruce McAvaney or Dennis Commeti?

mrkiss
Club Player

commentators teams

sandy roberts who is better than most but doesnt do footy was/is a red hot saints fan

commeti freo id say but biased against any vic teams

saintlee
Club Player

For a lot of the commentators, it would be the team they played for....for those that never played, I know Quartermane is Hawthorn and Huddo is Geelong.....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Comentators Teams

Saints94 wrote:Hey everybody, i was just wondering if anyone can name any commentators teams like Bruce McAvaney or Dennis Commeti?
Do you mean who they barrack for?
If so
Commetti - Fremantle?
McAvaney - Adelaide?
Tim Watson - Essendon
Tom Harley - Geelong
Matthew Richardson - Richmond
Leigh Matthews - Brisbane, Hawthorn Collingwood
Alastair Lynch - Lions
Quarterbrain - Hawthorn
Walls - Carlton
Blight - Adelaide, Geelong, NM
Darcy - WB
Bartlett - Richmond
Healey - Swans, Melbourne, Fremantle, St Kilda
Shaw - Collingwood
Jakovitch - WCE, Fremantle (if WCE not playing)
Anybody based in Sydney - Swans
Anybody based in Brisbane - Lions
Anybody based in Perth - WCE, Fremantle
Dunstall - Hawthorn
Frawley - Saints
Pickering - NM, Geelong
Drainpipe Russell - Geelong, Port Adelaide
Rohan Smith - WB
David Parkin - Hawthorn, Carlton
Last edited by Mr Magic on Tue 13 Apr 2010 5:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Tim Lane, Carlton, Andy Maher Carlton???

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintlee
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Tim Lane, Carlton, Andy Maher Carlton???
Andy Maher is definitely Carlton, so is Sam Lane....

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I had the misfortune of listening to the dogs vs hawks game on Triple M on the weekedn, it was being commentated by Quartermain, Dunstall and Crawford and it really was something.

All I kept hearing was Cyril Rioli, my fiance who don't know anything about footy kept asking who or what is Cyril Rioli and why do they say it every 3 seconds.

After kicking his fourth goal they were going insane, the most exciting player in the league, he is now one of the biggest superstars in the league etc. etc. then they stated that the dogs were up by 28 points with 5 minutes to play, I almost fell out of my seat, the way they were going on I thought it was a smashing in the Hawks favour...

I still don't know how any of the dogs players went...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Armoooo"]I had the misfortune of listening to the dogs vs hawks game on Triple M on the weekedn, it was being commentated by Quartermain, Dunstall and Crawford and it really was something.

Spot on. I thnk Quartermain is by one of the worst callers in the came. Biased towards the Dawks, and just a poor caller in general. Crawford is just an all round knob who thinks he is funny but is about as funny as a light post. Dunstall is just not normal.

I actually like the Cometti and MacAlaney combo

I love this club
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Definately need more Saints commentators, bring back Stan.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Definately need more Saints commentators, bring back Stan.
Stan is on abc radio as is Aussie Jones.

Someone said that Tim Gosich in WA is a saints fan too !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stjohn
Club Player

Tim Gossage (calling Perth games for SEN)

is a saints man, of there is also Aussie Jones and and Stan Alves on ABC Radio

" I am a loyal person and at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know I am a St Kilda person for life. That was something that has heavily influenced my decision.â€
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Was more referring to TV, no radio coverage in Qld.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saints94
SS Life Member

Thanks alot guys :) .

St Michele
Club Player

Re: Comentators Teams

Mr Magic wrote:
Saints94 wrote:Hey everybody, i was just wondering if anyone can name any commentators teams like Bruce McAvaney or Dennis Commeti?
Do you mean who they barrack for?
If so
Commetti - Fremantle?

Anybody based in Perth - WCE, Fremantle
not necesarily we have
Tim Gossage who is a Saint on channel 10 plus
6pr one of our radio stations also has a Millsy who is a saints supporter.

The rest however are mainly Eagles with a few Dockers thrown in.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
sainter27
Club Player

Gerard Healy is actually a genuine Saints supporter. They were his chilhood passion, and all his kids are Saints fans. Watch him closely On the Couch and when he does special comments for our games. Is a pretty committed fan.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

sainter27 wrote:Gerard Healy is actually a genuine Saints supporter. They were his chilhood passion, and all his kids are Saints fans. Watch him closely On the Couch and when he does special comments for our games. Is a pretty committed fan.
His father was Manager of the Social Club (pokies) for a number of years !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

lurker#134
Club Player

It was a delight to tune into the ABC on Sunday and hear Aussie give his two cents. I think probably minus Gerard Whately, ABC is a good station to listen to the footy on.

Additionally, Michael Christian is a C'wood man having played in their last premiership (shudder). From memory he went nuts ON AIR when they got into the 02' GF.

saintnick12
Club Player

Have started to listen to ABC at games quite a bit...quite often have Stan or Aussie or both, so a good Saints bias :wink:

Didn't know Tim Gossage was a Saint. Some of his calls are terribly biased towards the WA teams whoever they are playing IMO. I would have picked him as FREO, but there you go. Will pay close attention the next time I hear him call a Saints game.

Healy definately has a soft spot for the Saints, and I only realised last year on On the Couch when he mentioned he was a childhood saints supporter. His articles written around and after the game show he still has a love for us and was shattered at the loss. Though I'm sure I remember Mike SHehan asking him on ON the Couch, and he said he is a Swans supporter if he had to pick one. Does always seem to fly the flag for FREO too seeing he watches so many of their games with the commentating.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
westy
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:Have started to listen to ABC at games quite a bit...quite often have Stan or Aussie or both, so a good Saints bias :wink:

Didn't know Tim Gossage was a Saint. Some of his calls are terribly biased towards the WA teams whoever they are playing IMO. I would have picked him as FREO, but there you go. Will pay close attention the next time I hear him call a Saints game.

Healy definately has a soft spot for the Saints, and I only realised last year on On the Couch when he mentioned he was a childhood saints supporter. His articles written around and after the game show he still has a love for us and was shattered at the loss. Though I'm sure I remember Mike SHehan asking him on ON the Couch, and he said he is a Swans supporter if he had to pick one. Does always seem to fly the flag for FREO too seeing he watches so many of their games with the commentating.
Tim Gossage was MC at the Saints function to meet the players over here before the start of the season. He is most certainly a Saints man. Unfortunately, he probably has to remember who pays his wage over here. I've never heard him tip against the Saints.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Stillwaiting wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I had the misfortune of listening to the dogs vs hawks game on Triple M on the weekedn, it was being commentated by Quartermain, Dunstall and Crawford and it really was something.

Spot on. I thnk Quartermain is by one of the worst callers in the came. Biased towards the Dawks, and just a poor caller in general. Crawford is just an all round knob who thinks he is funny but is about as funny as a light post. Dunstall is just not normal.

A bloke rang up MMM & called Quartebrain out on their biased commentary and Quartebrain shot the bloke down then acted all indignant "I take great offence at that, blah, blah". I don't mind Bunghole, he's a grumpy bastard but not as obviously biased as Channel Ten's try hard Eddie.

That little sh1te Hudson annoys me, a typical Geelong suck...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I had the misfortune of listening to the dogs vs hawks game on Triple M on the weekedn, it was being commentated by Quartermain, Dunstall and Crawford and it really was something.

A bloke rang up MMM & called Quartebrain out on their biased commentary and Quartebrain shot the bloke down then acted all indignant "I take great offence at that, blah, blah". I don't mind Bunghole, he's a grumpy bastard but not as obviously biased as Channel Ten's try hard Eddie.

That little sh1te Hudson annoys me, a typical Geelong suck...

Agree with what you say Animal. I find channel 10 commentators hard to listen to. In fact they often cause me to turn it off and I follow the Saints scores on this sight, far more entertaining.

I love this club