options up forward?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

danners
Club Player

options up forward?

just a few options. anyone think we should bring stanley in for roo next week for the freo game? or try someone like gwilt up forward?

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

While I believe a mix of rotating Goddard, Gwilt , Monti through the forward line can be effective, we need a genuine key forward down there that can give us a presence. Not sure if Stanley's a better option than McEvoy but we need someone over 6 foot down there.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

would like to see stanely get a game. Will be an interesting structure until kosi getsback. Even then we do need that second key forward.

Will keep at it but raph as a forward is so worth a go!

Would like to keep jimmy down back

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: options up forward?

danners wrote:just a few options. anyone think we should bring stanley in for roo next week for the freo game? or try someone like gwilt up forward?
i dont think moving Gwilt is the right thing to do .. he is finally fitting into a definate role and he is gaining confidence in that role so i dont think moving him from that role will benifit the team or Gwilty ...
honestly safe option is move gardy and BJ forward next week and bring in Big Mac and King to ruck ... a more risky/experimental option is brin in a Stanley , Lynch or Heyne in for Roo and see how they go .... the compleatly out of this world option is send the not ready Irish man out there .....

from past experiances... RL will prob go with the safe option

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I would persist with S, Fisher up front, Gwilts going well, we need Goddard around the ground and he can run forward to rest anyway. Fisher is a strong mark, fast and despite what the stats might say i think he always looks good from set shots. He is still going to be unfit from his time off injured and it is a way to build him up slowly.

Stanley is a riskier proposition as he looked a bit overwhelmed when he was in the NAB final. Good for guys like him or Lynch to get in there and have a go if it does happen. If it wasn't Freo and Dogs coming up the younger guys probably would get a run.

yipper
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:I would persist with S, Fisher up front, Gwilts going well, we need Goddard around the ground and he can run forward to rest anyway. Fisher is a strong mark, fast and despite what the stats might say i think he always looks good from set shots. He is still going to be unfit from his time off injured and it is a way to build him up slowly.

Stanley is a riskier proposition as he looked a bit overwhelmed when he was in the NAB final. Good for guys like him or Lynch to get in there and have a go if it does happen. If it wasn't Freo and Dogs coming up the younger guys probably would get a run.
Absolutely he did. He was sitting in the grandstand behind me in the NAB cup final!!! :roll:

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I would persist with S, Fisher up front, Gwilts going well, we need Goddard around the ground and he can run forward to rest anyway. Fisher is a strong mark, fast and despite what the stats might say i think he always looks good from set shots. He is still going to be unfit from his time off injured and it is a way to build him up slowly.

having said that thou the dockers are not the best defencive unit and with ??? over tarrant's fitness maybe a good game to test the younger guys agains a young Freo side

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:would like to see stanely get a game. Will be an interesting structure until kosi getsback. Even then we do need that second key forward.

Will keep at it but raph as a forward is so worth a go!

Would like to keep jimmy down back
oh i can see it now 40000 posts after the game complaining how hes no Roo and how he shouldnt be in the best 22 and a 1000 posts on why we should delist him .....

i dont think the resident whipers of the offical boy need any more reasons to whip away

saints11
Club Player

I'd like to see Stanley or Lynch or both.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Would love to see Lynch get a game...

More so than Stanley.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Would love to see Lynch get a game...

More so than Stanley.
Lynch is injured.
Cahill, Stanley or Patto are you current picks...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bigred wrote:Would love to see Lynch get a game...

More so than Stanley.
Lynch is injured.
Cahill, Stanley or Patto are you current picks...
Or if Ross decides on a rejig, Raph and Eddy...

ace
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:

Absolutely he did. He was sitting in the grandstand behind me in the NAB cup final!!! :roll:
Your performance in that final was pathetic Yipper.
No contested possessions, come to think of it no possessions at all, just like Stanley.
The two of you should hang your heads in shame.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
yipper
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
yipper wrote:

Your performance in that final was pathetic Yipper.
No contested possessions, come to think of it no possessions at all, just like Stanley.
The two of you should hang your heads in shame.
Indeed. We just could not get near it actually!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If Raph has a good one for Sandy tomorrow, he will be in next week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:If Raph has a good one for Sandy tomorrow, he will be in next week.
For who? They will just about certainly play a tall for Rooy so who does Raph come in for?

SaintSimmo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:If Raph has a good one for Sandy tomorrow, he will be in next week.
For who? They will just about certainly play a tall for Rooy so who does Raph come in for?
To cover gwilt, who will play at CHF next week.

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
That will not happen but even if it does they still have to drop someone for raph.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
That will not happen but even if it does they still have to drop someone for raph.
read this
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=60529

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
read this
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=60529
Well King aint getting dropped for a start.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

With our surplus of running half backs, Someone like Sam Fisher, Raph would be considered, we just need that tall target. Otherwise you go with youth, Stanley, Patto.. etc

Carpe Diem
degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
'Just about certainly'...but not certainly. I think it'll be more about alternative plays than alternative Roo's.