Roo - the different scenarios

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Roo - the different scenarios

Dead set elation from tonight.... a horribly churning stomach for what the rest of 2010 holds...... what a strange feeling.

Scenario 1: Roo out for 3-5 weeks (Moderate hamstring injury)
- No problem
- We are already 3 zip on the ladder
- We're good enough to win at least 3 of the next 5.
- By round 12, Roo is hitting his straps again, and we're still a good shot at top -2
- Ultimate success for 2010 is still a reality

Scenario2 : Roo out for 6-12 weeks (Serious hamstring)
- Problems... structural issues will appear... you can't run on extra grunt/enthusiasm forever
- If we could win 7 of 12, we would still be placed ok at 10/5 with 7 games to go..... still a strong chance at top 4 and outside chance of tope 2
- Kosi simply HAS to find form, stand up, bust packs, and kick 40 goals from 10 games or we are in big trouble
- Anyone thinking Stanley / Lynch / Walsh are the answer in 2010 are kidding themselves
- Roo would return in Round 15.... by round 20 he should be returning to around 85% capacity.... realistically he won't get back to the level he displayed in Rounds 1-2.... so many weeks off your legs just can't easily be overcome

Scenario 3: Round out until 2011
- This brave team will give it everything
- They will be exposed against the best (ie. Geelong)
- Opposition Defenders will not have to give our forward line the same level of respect.... players such as Scarlett and other quality defenders who have an offensive mindset wil take the opportunity to apply extra pressure on us... this will be felt by our midfield, and quality of delivery to our remaining forwards will suffer.

:( :( I'm sorry to say, but if scenario 3 becomes a reality, another losing prelim is probably the best I think we can hope for...

Gee I hope we don't end up with Scenario 3.... and if we do.....gee i hope i'm wrong!! (but i don't think i will be :( )

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
ThomasR
Club Player

I used to think the same about Scenario 3 but I've come to realise this is rubbish. Roo is an exceptional player and a massive loss but the structures in place are designed to be reasonably personnel independent. If this scenario does play out then Kosi has a massive role to play this year but remember we ran the Cats pretty bloody close in the big one last year with Roo on one leg... don't rule out anything!

SaintSimmo
Club Player

give it a break. Everyone on here is overreacting.
RL himself said its not serious. max 4 weeks enough said.
I laugh when people say that our season is dead now.
ITS A FRICKN TEAM SPORT!!
We will finish top of the ladder for sure, no other team good enough to take the minor premiership.
Dogs -Pretenders
Pies - HA
Geelong - Old
Hawthorn - No Chance

Sainter for life.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I didn't mean I think Scenario 3 is a reality.... but if it is.... then i think my prediction will come true (as much as i hate to say it).

With Saints staff and injuries... who knows, we may not be told the truth for another 6 weeks anyway....

Have you heard of our injury list and "TBA"?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

In the 30 minutes of hysteria that surrounded the injury I got sucked into it also. However watching him after the game and a few comments from him and the club,I can't see it being a grade 3.

I reckon he'll miss 5-6 weeks

Bring back the Lockett era
bigred
Saintsational Legend

The more I think about it....

Losing Roo, for whatever....Four weeks or ten....whatever.

Will only make the team stronger in the long run.

A lot of people thought that we were too focussed on Roo late in the finals last year and did not have another avenue.

Well, now we simply have to find one.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

bigred wrote:The more I think about it....

Losing Roo, for whatever....Four weeks or ten....whatever.

Will only make the team stronger in the long run.

A lot of people thought that we were too focussed on Roo late in the finals last year and did not have another avenue.

Well, now we simply have to find one.
good post one of the few people on here who is realistic!
Im watching the game now in perth, they just showed at shot of roo.
Was sitting on the bench with his knee's bent up to his chest with his feet on the bench, no discomfort.
NOT VERY SERIOUS GUYS! 4 weeks max.
STOP WHINGING, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.
Have you guys ever heard of justin kositchke?? He aint to bad in the forward line.

Sainter for life.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Jesus Christ!!!!

Can any of your muppets read????

Did i say he was gone for a year??? NO!!!!

Sorry for the analytical post.

Who knows you muppets... keep dreaming.... all is fine.... he might even be back next week to kick his usual 15 goals!!

reality check......

FFS!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:give it a break. Everyone on here is overreacting.
We will finish top of the ladder for sure, no other team good enough to take the minor premiership.
Dogs -Pretenders
Pies - HA
Geelong - Old
Hawthorn - No Chance
:lol: like your confidence.

i do think the untimely injury has the potential to make our season better, though. we'll be forced to explore different options that might be handy come september.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id just like to emphasise that losing Riewoldt for any extended period isnt good....I love the optimism but geez....

“Yeah….nah””
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure next weeks injury list will say ; N Riewoldt 2 weeks

saintboy
Club Player

I totally agree teflon! Am not trying to sound biased as possible OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT but Riewoldt is the single most important player to any club going around. If he is out for 3-4 weeks then i will be happy as i can be but if that man is out for the year then we can kiss our flag hopes goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!

OH WHEN THE SAINTS!!!!!
supercoach
Club Player

Roo is argueable the greatest stk player in our history, if he has torn the muscle off the bone we won't win the grand final- your can't win a grand final without your best player

Gilbert=legend
Griggsy
SS Life Member

IF Nicks out for a long time, I will be extremly upset, however still optimistic.

Yes he is crucial for the forward line, but we do have Kosi, not as great a
player but he fills the spot and we have seen what he can do at his best. We still have an amazing midfield, a great ruckman, the best tagger in the league (imo), and a defense that has conceded 168points in 3 games. Not forgetting to mention a couple of natural born leaders in the team.

We are NOT a team of spuds with Nick dragging us along the line. We have a top tier team. Heads up, we are going all the way for all you glass half emptys.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

supercoach wrote:Roo is argueable the greatest stk player in our history, if he has torn the muscle off the bone we won't win the grand final- your can't win a grand final without your best player
Modra was a pretty damn good player. (sorry everyone)

SteveStevens66
Club Player

ThomasR wrote:....the structures in place are designed to be reasonably personnel independent....
:roll: :shock: :roll: :shock:

This is a football team. How on earth can anything it does be "reasonably personnel independent"? I've heard it all now!

Carna Saints!!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

there is no way it is ham off the bone so to speak. standard hammy up near the bum done it twice myself. hurts like buggery. he'll be back in 5

#1 Ryder fan
matrix
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:give it a break. Everyone on here is overreacting.
Dogs -Pretenders
Pies - HA
Geelong - Old
Hawthorn - No Chance

well i certainly didnt hear him say that

four weeks max you reckon???

i hope your guess is right but im saying 5 to 6 at least
when the hell did he say it wasnt serious???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Have any of our Doctors on this forum had time to see Rooy's leg last night or this morning?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Have any of our Doctors on this forum had time to see Rooy's leg last night or this morning?
Based on your extensive close up experience of the game - you know, all that umpiring in Ammos - would you care to offer a view? ie high hammie that looked painful. Having done it myself several times, I say 8 weeks. But Roo's elite and professional. Perhaps something less. It's called 'hazarding a guess'. It's what people do. Bloody Pluggenezer Scrooge.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Have any of our Doctors on this forum had time to see Rooy's leg last night or this morning?
Based on your extensive close up experience of the game - you know, all that umpiring in Ammos - would you care to offer a view? ie high hammie that looked painful. Having done it myself several times, I say 8 weeks. But Roo's elite and professional. Perhaps something less. It's called 'hazarding a guess'. It's what people do. Bloody Pluggenezer Scrooge.
Im the scrooge but people who have no idea are saying up to 8 weeks. That makes sense and you know it. Just like people calling me a whinger for NOT whinging about the AFL, umpires, Media, Thinline,etc.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Just people having a speculative chat. I don't see the big deal.

Besides just as you criticise their views, you are making assumptions about their credibility. What do you know about people on here beyond a nickname and the ins and outs of their online writing style? Why are your views paramount?

Whatever. We won. I enjoyed it . I'm off for a surf.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Just people having a speculative chat. I don't see the big deal.

Besides just as you criticise their views, you are making assumptions about their credibility. What do you know about people on here beyond a nickname and the ins and outs of their online writing style? Why are your views paramount?

Whatever. We won. I enjoyed it . I'm off for a surf.
Have fun. I have to umpire for the next 2 days you will be pleased to know.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Go get em, sir.

Let it flow.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Go get em, sir.

Let it flow.
i pay about 5 frees a game. get in less trouble for not paying them than for paying bad ones.