Time keeper error

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainterman
Club Player

Time keeper error

TWO timekeepers have been suspended after an equipment malfunction led to more than two minutes of extra time being played during last Saturday night's game between the Brisbane Lions and West Coast.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Interesting that the score stands as is. Both sides added 1.1 during the extra time played. I know it makes no difference to the final margin but it does have the potential to affect percentage, even though only incredibly slightly.

Would not the consistent thing to do be to erase the additional scoring as per the St Kilda Freo siren gate fiasco?

Or is it no big deal?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, but two interstate sides, no way according to the AFL one rule for them, another rule for others.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Sainterman
Club Player

I think the overall impact of doing nothing is incredibly minimal, but I really do find it strange that this issue has not been dealt with consistently. In this case the result was not affected, and in our game it was, but really...it should be consistent regardless of the result.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The reversal of Sirengate was simply a case of AFL corruption and therefore sets no precedent for innocent situations like this.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

2 different scenarios completely..

One was an umpire not hearing the siren cos it wasnt loud enough

One was timekeepers asleep at the wheel

...and for all of you who are convinced we were shafted because we are St Kilda or because the AFL sat down and said "let cut Freo some slack they are an Interstate side" ...seriously...anytime you want to come back to Planet Earth :roll:

I'm not saying the process that was followed was correct..but if you realllly think (as some people here do) that St Kilda are bent over EVErY SINGLE TIME the AFL meets..just cos we are St Kilda...sheesh

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Actually don't think we do get shafted, but, we, North, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong (yes) and Hawthorn get the crap draws, because the AFL insists on Carlton, Essendon and Filth to play each other twice every year so they don't travel as much as we do.
Essendon travel 3 times this year, filth, 4 max every year, same as Carlton.
The less travel, the less expense, the better your bottom line.
The only good news is that the two new sides are going to want to play the filth at home so they can get as many moccassin morons to come watch them interstate.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
casey scorp
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:The less travel, the less expense, the better your bottom line.
Travel is funded by the AFL.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:The less travel, the less expense, the better your bottom line.
Different Angle:

How about Collingwood & Essendon (and the AFL) show ALL the receipts that are directly & indirectly linked to THEIR ANZAC Day clash (remember, they are the ONLY 2 teams that play for the ANZAC medal and they are the ONLY 2 teams who wear the "Rising Sun" on their jumpers !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

casey scorp
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
casey scorp wrote:
Different Angle:

How about Collingwood & Essendon (and the AFL) show ALL the receipts that are directly & indirectly linked to THEIR ANZAC Day clash (remember, they are the ONLY 2 teams that play for the ANZAC medal and they are the ONLY 2 teams who wear the "Rising Sun" on their jumpers !!
Absolutely.

Unlike the travel costs the profits from the blockbuster Melbourne games are not mutualised across all 16 AFL clubs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
Eastern wrote:
casey scorp wrote:
Different Angle:

Absolutely.

Unlike the travel costs the profits from the blockbuster Melbourne games are not mutualised across all 16 AFL clubs.
Well instead of worrying about other clubs lets try and start our own blockbuster. The advantage that the pies and dons have is when they are down their crowds are still very good. Until that happens to us and a few other sides those teams will continue with their blockbusters. Anyway having money doesnt seem to have helped the pies or dons recently.

St Loxton
Club Player

2 mins of extra time, thats disgraceful, could have been a massive F*** up.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote:2 mins of extra time, thats disgraceful, could have been a massive F*** up.
No, it's just a series of mistakes made by humans - no need to worry about it.
Although I am surprised to see that the AFL apparently took action afterwards?
I thought that mistakes were ok?