Gardi, Ben and Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Gardi, Ben and Kosi

It strikes me that if all are fit that to leave King out for Ben also has the versatility that Ben can swap at times with Kosi at FF to give Kosi a few bursts in the ruck to involve him more in the game when required.

King today is basically in the ruck or on the bench.

Gardi too can be used in forward bursts, though Ben now strikes me as the more likely of the two as a forward.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gardi, Ben and Kosi

saintsRrising wrote:It strikes me that if all are fit that to leave King out for Ben also has the versatility that Ben can swap at times with Kosi at FF to give Kosi a few bursts in the ruck to involve him more in the game when required.

Gardi too can be used in forward bursts, though Ben now strikes me as the more likely of the two as a forward.
agree

StNoodles
Club Player

Ben can certainly pluck a nice one, would love to see him play 22

yipper
SS Life Member

Big Ben has good hands and a big leap. He is a real handful for the opposition now.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

kingy is an old warhorse and should be managed smartly. assuming no major unjuries - my ruck mgt plan for the year (home and away 22 rounds) would be:

Mac 18 Games
Gardy 14
Kingy 12
TOTAL = 44

bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: Gardi, Ben and Kosi

bigcarl wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:It strikes me that if all are fit that to leave King out for Ben also has the versatility that Ben can swap at times with Kosi at FF to give Kosi a few bursts in the ruck to involve him more in the game when required.

agree
+ 1 IMO kosi seems to need a run in the ruck each game to get him into it

Duggie
Club Player

Maybe the bottom line is that we have rucking reserve . Has not always been.

A Saint Forever!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see those 3 players in a 400 meter race...if i had half an hour to spare.... :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I would only use King as a backup, if any two of Gardiner, Kossie and McEvoy are unavailable!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
loris
Saintsational Legend

Phew.............................. I was very concerned when I read the heading of this post......... Gardi, Ben & Kosi. I felt sick to the pit of my tummy. Oh, no I thought , surely Kosi hasn't got himself mixed up with any issues surrounding Gardiner & Ben Cousins and their not so salubrious accomplices.

Pleased to know the thread is about Big Ben McEvoy, Kosi........I'm sure they can keep Gardis head down on concentrating on footy...at least while he is with the Saints................................................. I hope!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

On the footy show it named Adam Pattison for the extended bench for the sydney game (and stanley) does anyone know much about Pattison?- the Tigers fans I know were laughing when we took him- says he couldn't get a regular game at richmond so would struggle to be in the sandy reserves.

Lyon is a mysterious man naming so many rucks a few will be trimmed but maybe he has been hiding Pattison during the NAB expecting more than making up numbers. Has anyone seen him play?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:On the footy show it named Adam Pattison for the extended bench for the sydney game (and stanley) does anyone know much about Pattison?- the Tigers fans I know were laughing when we took him- says he couldn't get a regular game at richmond so would struggle to be in the sandy reserves.

Lyon is a mysterious man naming so many rucks a few will be trimmed but maybe he has been hiding Pattison during the NAB expecting more than making up numbers. Has anyone seen him play?
1/ I think those squads may have been footy show guesses..

2/ On Pattison, with two old injury prone rucks in Gardi and King I think Pattison was mainly taken with a cheap pick for insurance. Right now Hawks would probably have love to have picked him up...he would in the firsts as No 1 ruck!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sainter35
Club Player

The way ruckman have been breaking down across the league this pre-season I think we can be pretty thankful that we've at least got some depth in the position.