the judges awarded 9.5

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the judges awarded 9.5

weve had 'saints footy' action not words etc etc shoved down our throat the past couple of months seems the message aint getting through to a few

fn milnes dive early in the game was a fn embarresment..its alright to pick up 3 or 4gls against lesser opposition but when its crunch time he takes a fn dive

dawsons disgracefull effort against jolly in rnd one was just as pathetic...had the opportunity to meet him straight on with a full on bump or lay a serious tackle,did neither & jolly brushed past him as if he was cinderella

kossi lack of 'want' in a marking contest early in the game ranks with the other 2 as pathetic efforts
stood there like a stale bottle of pyss waiting for the ball to fall into his chest instead of wanting to make the play...when the ball finally fell into his hands he dropped it like a fn custard tart

only a scratch match ya say...if ya let the bludgers take the easy option now thats what they'll take into the season proper & come finals time as we saw last yr they'll dish the same chyt up when the crunch comes

it was only a few months ago we saw the biggie is not won by taking the easy option but by commiting to each & every contest

the scratch matches was the time to drag the barstards for not making an effort

the likes of hayes,baker,jones goddard must spew seeing that crap

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Please don't be offended, but is this a serious thread?

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

bloody oath

someones gotta keep the barstards honest

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh ok, glad I checked as I was leaning towards not so serious...

Prefer to wait until round one myself, saints footy is pretty hardcore and requires putting your body on the line. I personally would like the boys to be injury free until premiership points are up for grabs, they can feel free to be a hero in the season proper thanks.

But if that makes you feel better in some strange way (shrugs)

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

rogerwa, you're bloody hilarious. Keep venting, it's healthy and a good laugh!

Bad management is bad management
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

So 120 odd tackles in a single game of footy is taking the easy way out is it? Because that's what we did in the gf last year. In fact it was one of the bravest efforts I have ever seen on a footy field. Sure we lost but I am damn proud of the effort and the commitment that was shown by the boys.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:So 120 odd tackles in a single game of footy is taking the easy way out is it? Because that's what we did in the gf last year. In fact it was one of the bravest efforts I have ever seen on a footy field. Sure we lost but I am damn proud of the effort and the commitment that was shown by the boys.
I agree maddog. I'm always bemused when ppl claim we choked, or didn't play well in the GF. WE had a fair dinkum crack and were beaten by a better team on the day. Bloody hard to cop I know, and yes, as in every tight game we had our chances to win it, but we didn't. But to insinuate that the boys took the easy option on THAT particular day is mind boggling. THey tried their guts out and came up short, and I too was as proud as buggery of them. That's not accepting mediocrity, b/c on any given day there can only be one winner. If they'd capitulated and lost by 8 goals I could understand the frustration.

Maybe I'm as weak as p%ss - but if the saints have a fair dinkum crack in every game they play, we can't ask for anymore than that. If they come up short, well that's life. But if they're having a fair dinkum crack they will win far more than they lose, and eventually I believe that attitude will take us to a flag. WE see that effort next Sat night I will be very pleased win or lose.

The Craw
Club Player

Re: the judges awarded 9.5

rogerwa wrote:weve had 'saints footy' action not words etc etc shoved down our throat the past couple of months seems the message aint getting through to a few

fn milnes dive early in the game was a fn embarresment..its alright to pick up 3 or 4gls against lesser opposition but when its crunch time he takes a fn dive

dawsons disgracefull effort against jolly in rnd one was just as pathetic...had the opportunity to meet him straight on with a full on bump or lay a serious tackle,did neither & jolly brushed past him as if he was cinderella

kossi lack of 'want' in a marking contest early in the game ranks with the other 2 as pathetic efforts
stood there like a stale bottle of pyss waiting for the ball to fall into his chest instead of wanting to make the play...when the ball finally fell into his hands he dropped it like a fn custard tart

only a scratch match ya say...if ya let the bludgers take the easy option now thats what they'll take into the season proper & come finals time as we saw last yr they'll dish the same chyt up when the crunch comes

it was only a few months ago we saw the biggie is not won by taking the easy option but by commiting to each & every contest

the scratch matches was the time to drag the barstards for not making an effort

the likes of hayes,baker,jones goddard must spew seeing that crap
So you want the players to put their body on the line, risk serious injury for some half @rsed mickey mouse comp which counts for nothing.

Seriously this take the cake. :roll:

Not Craw, CRAW!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

So what's the "9.5" for???

saintlee
Club Player

Quite the overreaction for a practice match!

Think I might wait for the real thing before I rubbish the team's attitude.

markp
Saintsational Legend

You had money on em, didn't ya?? :wink:

Megamaguire
Club Player

Only Rd. 1 matters !

Craw pointed out that it would be understandable if some of the GF players just weren't 100% keen to... "put their body on the line, risk serious injury for some half @rsed mickey mouse comp which counts for nothing" . I largely agree.

Before the nab began i felt this would be a factor and i don't blame the players and coaches. Before the nab gf i think i heard a few comments from the coach and Bj about just improving week by week till Sydney appeared ready to rock in Rd. 1

For me our opening game against sydney is OUR real test. After a brave but squandered opportunity to win the big one another nab 'premiership' would hardly be motivating.

What is motivating is getting better at converting goals and aiming to be 10% better than last year. With 22 full-on high intensity games looming between now and finals just focusing on that will do.
Dawson can refind his form from 2009 and the likes of Armo; Geary and Steven can help the team continue to evolve.
St. Kildas 'processes are thorough and on track!

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Call me weak, call me blind, whatever you like but not once did I see the boys taking the easy option in the big one in September, they worked till they were scraping the bottom of all they had. The players left everything on the field that day. Its a moot point to say we all wanted to win thats a given but just because we didnt doesnt mean Im not proud of them.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
bozza1980
Club Player

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:Call me weak, call me blind, whatever you like but not once did I see the boys taking the easy option in the big one in September, they worked till they were scraping the bottom of all they had. The players left everything on the field that day. Its a moot point to say we all wanted to win thats a given but just because we didnt doesnt mean Im not proud of them.
I'm with you.

We can sit here and argue whether they took all the right options but it can't be argued that they took the easy option.

I am pretty sure Geelong are savouring their victory because they know the effort it took to achieve it, the immoveable object met the irresistable force and unfortunately for us we ended up on the wrong side of a coin toss. Don't belittle the efforts of the club on that day because they came up short, it was not through the lack of trying.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I judge this thread a 1.5

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

In fairness to rogerwa, I think he was talking about our NAB Cup performance not the GF. Maybe it wasn't worded clearly but I don't think he was saying we didn't work hard in last year's dreaded day, I think he was saying that it was clear that the hard efforts are required to win a GF and certain players didn't do that during the NAB Cup even though it is just a practice match and they should be dragged during these games to teach them a lesson. Don't necessarily agree or disagree with him but just MHO.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

spot on milan

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Agree Milan - but what is the 9.5 for?????

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I apologise to the OP if I jumped the gun a bit there.
I think I have become somewhat too accustomed to defending the sainters :oops:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I apologise to the OP if I jumped the gun a bit there.
I think I have become somewhat too accustomed to defending the sainters :oops:
I still don't get it. Oh well. :oops:

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I think what Milan was meaning was that the OP wasnt calling into question the performance in the big one in September so much as the performance in the NAB Cup GF
While I might not agree with the OP's comments I was apologising for taking the wrong meaning from the post

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

& wouldnt it be a pyss poor world if we all had the same opinion

be it players,coaches,team selection,training bases,umpires decisions, religion,politics the type of food we eat or more impotantly the type of pyss we drink or in some peoples cases who's shout it is

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

rogerwa wrote:& wouldnt it be a pyss poor world if we all had the same opinion

be it players,coaches,team selection,training bases,umpires decisions, religion,politics the type of food we eat or more impotantly the type of pyss we drink or in some peoples cases who's shout it is
It wouldn't be too bad as long as it is my opinion and everyone else just falls in line.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

too true, I would be bored stupid if we all had the same opinion

although I wouldnt mind if the saint hating loud mouths I work with kept their opinions to themselves sometimes :twisted:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:too true, I would be bored stupid if we all had the same opinion

although I wouldnt mind if the saint hating loud mouths I work with kept their opinions to themselves sometimes :twisted:
unfortunately there are more than enough saints supporter who can't allow others to enjoy how they wish - or to have differing view or opinion let alone other clubs supporters.. :shock:

surprisingly I often find common ground with supporters of other clubs more so than some saints fans-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107