Mid Strength beer PROTEST !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mid Strength beer PROTEST !!

I tasted this "stuff" for the 1st & LAST time on Friday Night (and I'm still suffering). With this week's game v Swans and possibly not a huge crowd, should we take our protest all the way to the Nixon just outside the ground? We could only go there if they sell schooners of sprite.

With SAINTSATIONAL being one of the greatest democracies on the face of the planet, we will go with the majority rule this week.

I'm sure we have some who could go in, save some seats, get a passout and join us there. Thoughts? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Each to their own...

I'm sorry to be boring, but .....

There has been so much in the press about the violence, that is alcohol related, and the extra resources that's required from police with the "Safe Streets" program

I just find your constant posts about drinking a tad boring and not really sending a positive message about responsible drinking.

Yes, your post has been made in jest (like so many others)

But, really I don't see the reason for it, and for that matter the need to post it on this forum.

FWIW, I only drink light beer or at most mid strength at most (except on holidays),

I can't afford to have any percentage of alcohol in my system the following day if I am working.

Zero reading is a must where I work.

But, in any case, have a drink (within reason) and enjoy

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

BYO baby, Ive benn doing it for years at the footy. Only way to fly!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Each to their own...

There has been so much in the press about the violence, that is alcohol related, and the extra resources that's required from police with the "Safe Streets" program

I just find your constant posts about drinking a tad boring and not really sending a positive message about responsible drinking.

But, really I don't see the reason for it, and for that matter the need to post it on this forum.

FWIW, I only drink light beer or at most mid strength at most (except on holidays),

I can't afford to have any percentage of alcohol in my system the following day if I am working.

Fid, two points:

(1) Carlton Mid Strength is POISON....it should be banned from this country, it is FOUL.

(2) Why do they sell full strength spirits?

Why can I buy a CAN of Cougar and Coke?

It's all farking hypocritical...don't give me this police safer streets violence crap when they only ban some of the full strength booze at the footy.

I'm with Eastern on this.

Up yours Collo - we're off to the Nixon!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

who cares what it is.
just drink it.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Fid, two points:

(1) Carlton Mid Strength is POISON....it should be banned from this country, it is FOUL.

It's all farking hypocritical...don't give me this police safer streets violence crap when they only ban some of the full strength booze at the footy.

Let me state this..

I have not had any alcohol during a match since the Moorabbin days....

I have tasted the fosters mid strength and don't mind it..

You state "don't give me this police safer streets violence crap when they only ban some of the full strength booze at the footy."

In your language ....

I FARKING KNOW ABOUT THIS MORE THAN YOU!!!!

Beer is the main problem at the footy...

One would think there are more beer drinkers than spirit drinkers, but in any case I just I am sick and tired of the constant jovial posts about drinking....

Again. I don't see the need for constant posts about alcohol consumption

Talking about hypercritical at it just fine for you to swear your farking head off at the football when you don't have your kids with you, and don't look around to see where kids are when you do swear and say the F word when you don't have them.

Yep that is hypercritical :idea: :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Wow, what a prude. If you don't like drinking proper beer then that's your perogative, but don't shove that drivel down the throats of the rest of us. Only a moron would think that the answer to alcohol related violence is stopping EVERYONE - including the 99.99% of people who can handle their drink - from having a good time...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:BYO baby, Ive benn doing it for years at the footy. Only way to fly!

I think that's the way to go. Funny enough, I love a drink, but I don't usually drink at the footy I get to into the game, and once the seal is broken, I hate having to go. Not against it at all if they sold scotch but not a huge beer drinker especially mid strength. Don't mind one after the game though.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:

Wow, what a prude. If you don't like drinking proper beer then that's your perogative, but don't shove that drivel down the throats of the rest of us. Only a moron would think that the answer to alcohol related violence is stopping EVERYONE - including the 99.99% of people who can handle their drink - from having a good time...
excuse me, But I did state
and just what "drivel" did I shove down your throat ????

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Guys guys guysssssss

Hey look, I dont like midstrength beer either tbh..and I know I was the one who suggested Nixons in the first place..but..

Maybe we can investigate that new Sports Bar next to the Whitten Bar? Plus..the midstrength rule is only in force at night games...and I know from experience going to non-Saints games..Nixons gets VERY crowded pregame at night. Its a fraction of the size of Livewire and includes a restaurant as well. Much as the staff are far superior to Livewire..theres nowhere near the elbow room.

Fid has a point, people who drink spirits at the football are a minority, but partially cos its soooo expensive.

Personally speaking, a big part of these prematch gatherings is chatting with the many people from this Forum whose company I enjoy...and once the H&A season starts wouldnt get to see at home games cos of our wide and varied seating arrangements. Id hate this group to be splintered and scattered all around the ES precinct just for the sake of fullstrength beer.

I propose we stay where we are for the moment...speaking personally they have Cascade Light on tap and I'm quite partial to that anyway. Ill cope lol. We can then consider our options properly for the season ahead!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Fid, two points:

Also saintspremiers...

Don't even bother to come sit near me when you don't have your kids with you...

You were told quick smart the shouting "get the fcuk up you fcuking cnut" was not acceptable where we sit and that was within the first 5 minutes of the match...

Funny how things change when you have your own kids at the game... :idea: :idea:

I wont have any hesitation in grabbing you by the collar and handing you to the appropriate staff the next time it happens...

I am guessing it will not be when you have you young kids in toe..

Yep, hypocritical.....

Would you like me to shout those profanities within earshot of your kids???

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:ahhh.... remember the good old days, kids (me) standing on empty beer cans in a haze of smoke and a sea of swearing, watching grown men bash the living day lights out of each other on mud filled bogs.... now that really got the crowd pumping!
Spent a bit of time at Victoria Park eh AOK??lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:ahhh.... remember the good old days, kids (me) standing on empty beer cans in a haze of smoke and a sea of swearing, watching grown men bash the living day lights out of each other on mud filled bogs.... now that really got the crowd pumping!
Sure do!...ahhh the gravel......remember the collingwood games and getting hit in the back of the head with a half full stubby?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 1:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mid Strength beer PROTEST !!

Eastern wrote:I tasted this "stuff" for the 1st & LAST time on Friday Night (and I'm still suffering). With this week's game v Swans and possibly not a huge crowd, should we take our protest all the way to the Nixon just outside the ground? We could only go there if they sell schooners of sprite.

With SAINTSATIONAL being one of the greatest democracies on the face of the planet, we will go with the majority rule this week.

I'm sure we have some who could go in, save some seats, get a passout and join us there. Thoughts? !!
my thoughts...they should ban the sale of all beer at the footy....full stop......i am sick and tired of the jerks who can't go a quarter without going to get a refill.....i go to the footy to watch...wait for it ...footy...not the backside of some lardarse pushing past me..or the pple in the row in front every ten minutes.....

...well....you asked for comments....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:

Yep that is 99.99% who can handle their drink, what about the percentage that can't handle their drink???

I have spoken to so many witnesses from victims of alcohol, that relate to family violence to road victims and straight out street assaults...

and you call me a "prude"

Have you ever listened to a witness of these abuses???

I have listen to a witness that had the head of a 12 year old girl land on the bonnet of his car...

I have read many reports of alcohol related assaults every weekend and the pressure it has on police numbers...

Yep I must be a "prude" even though I stated
I really don't communicate much at the footy, but acknowledge the people I know. Maybe it's because I have spent so long in the profession I am in...30 years, but that's not my call. I have so many thoughts of alcohol related violence, that I have refused point blank in drinking at a sporting venue.

Yes...

Call me a prude, but I have seen more than most, and I am not a "prude"

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:ouch @ satchmo. ;) I've heard, half full stubbies in the back of the head has followed you thru out your musical career. :)
Nah, that was more to the front of the head. I like to think of it as critical acclaim. :oops:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:ouch @ satchmo. ;) I've heard, half full stubbies in the back of the head has followed you thru out your musical career. :)
Nah, that was more to the front of the head. I like to think of it as critical acclaim. :oops:
always loved those scenes in the blues brothers movie where they had chicken wire in front of the stage.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:I tasted this "stuff" for the 1st & LAST time on Friday Night (and I'm still suffering). With this week's game v Swans and possibly not a huge crowd, should we take our protest all the way to the Nixon just outside the ground? We could only go there if they sell schooners of sprite.

my thoughts...they should ban the sale of all beer at the footy....full stop......i am sick and tired of the jerks who can't go a quarter without going to get a refill.....i go to the footy to watch...wait for it ...footy...not the backside of some lardarse pushing past me..or the pple in the row in front every ten minutes.....

Completely agree with you!!

I accept that people have a need to move out of their seats during games, if not for beer, but to the loo, or a pie, or their kids to stretch their legs..or whatever. BUT...what really grinds my gears are people who cant wait til a goal is scored, or even the ball going out of bounds before pushing in or out

Fortunately I have considerate people in my row at home games (I have to say that, a lot of them read this Forum lol) but at other times Ive had to bite my tongue as people push past while Roo's having a shot for goal, or just as we break from the centre

Just basic bad manners. I tell ya what..go back to your seat anytime but the end of the over in the MCC Members during the cricket and you get the evil stare :twisted:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Hahaha...well said. I was on the end of an aisle that sounds very much like that on Friday night.

Oh, and I call it, 5 pages + :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:

Hahaha...well said. I was on the end of an aisle that sounds very much like that on Friday night.

Oh, and I call it, 5 pages + :wink:

yep..me too...pisses me right off...happens all the time...so much that i try and sit in the middle of the row these days...but some of the morons can't work out the shortest route between two points ffs....maybe if they actually sat and watched the footy one day they might find they actually get to enjoy it more with a clear head.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:[

Completely agree with you!!

Just basic bad manners. I tell ya what..go back to your seat anytime but the end of the over in the MCC Members during the cricket and you get the evil stare :twisted:

knew we would get to be on the same page one day.....if only for a fleeting moment..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

SaintDebi
Club Player

saint66au wrote: I accept that people have a need to move out of their seats during games, if not for beer, but to the loo, or a pie, or their kids to stretch their legs..or whatever. BUT...what really grinds my gears are people who cant wait til a goal is scored, or even the ball going out of bounds before pushing in or out

Fortunately I have considerate people in my row at home games (I have to say that, a lot of them read this Forum lol) but at other times Ive had to bite my tongue as people push past while Roo's having a shot for goal, or just as we break from the centre

Even worse is when they realise as they are pushing past you that something exciting is going on, so they STOP IN FRONT OF YOU so that they can get a good look and don't miss anything while they clumsily make their way back to their seats. EXCUSE ME!

And by the way, its your business if you want to drink at the footy, but can you please hold it upright and not tip half of it over me on your way back.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, I cannot possibly see how this particular group next to me went to watch the footy at all...they just simply wouldn't have had opportunity to get into it.

There's my grumble :)