the afl and trouble(d)footballers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the afl and trouble(d)footballers

an interesting article...i suspect he is right where al is concerned....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... -ng4e.html

"In the eyes of the law, the individual's rights are paramount - a man is innocent until proven otherwise. In the disciplined AFL team, the needs of ''we'' will always outweigh the rights of ''me.'

...pretty true statement.......wish i had thought of it first.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Batnoe

Is there a link?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Spoke to a Saints mate that is a copper and he said charges should have gone through ages ago, so maybe he is not guilty.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Pretty good article.

In the Saints case the whole Lovett thing is a mess from go to woe.

Really dissapointing.

Saints really haven't handled this the best, but were in a difficult position.

The we is much more important than the me in a team environment, however teams can still operate.

Brisbane won flags with Aker being universally disliked.

Edwards and McLeod dont speak and they still play good football together.

I suspect though that the issue is the coach, who runs the show.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Re: the afl and trouble(d)footballers

stinger wrote:an interesting article...i suspect he is right where al is concerned....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... -ng4e.html

"In the eyes of the law, the individual's rights are paramount - a man is innocent until proven otherwise. In the disciplined AFL team, the needs of ''we'' will always outweigh the rights of ''me.'

...pretty true statement.......wish i had thought of it first.... :wink: :lol:
I came up with it..youre welcome ;)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: In the Saints case the whole Lovett thing is a mess from go to woe.
Why do you say that?

Foz
Club Player

There's a difference between being not Guilty and not being charged in any case. The evidence may not hold up and to get a jury to convict beyond reasonable doubt may be difficult. Different issue to whether an individual did or did not commit a crime.

Agree on length of time of all of this. From late December to now seems a long time for no charges considering immediate reporting of alleged incident and intense trial by media. Especially when the leak came that AL was likely to be charged on summons and has not been. It would be doubtful we are waiting on evidence of any kind to surface still.

The summons bit was a good example of not relying on what you hear. Therefore I'll wait to see whether AL is charged, and if not, whether he is welcomed back into the fold at the Saints.

Unfortunately both the Luke Ball "trade me for bling" and the AL suspension by the club have both been long drawn out affairs this off season. The Ball one always had the writing on the wall, but not sure the AL one is so clear cut.