GAME TICKETING / CHEAP FLIGHTS INFO...2010 SEASON

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

GAME TICKETING / CHEAP FLIGHTS INFO...2010 SEASON

Here is the current info on ticketing for the Grand Final:

AFL Full Members Club Support - 10am -5pm, Sunday September 19
Any remaining tickets to other Full Members from 9am, Monday September 20.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 19 Sep 2010 12:23am, edited 18 times in total.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Maybe a sticky for interstate games as they come up, then take them down after the game, but personally I think we have to many stickies.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Maybe a sticky for interstate games as they come up, then take them down after the game, but personally I think we have to many stickies.
There appear to be six. One is over a year old and another refers to a retired player. Both could go. It seems silly that those planning interstate trips have to do all the leg work themselves, which last year at least, led to conflicting advice from time to time.

saintnick12
Club Player

Would be good to have this info on the forum.

Particulary for interstate games, and when games are listed as ticketed and so therefore the social club tickets go on sale earlier than usual.

I have just had leave approved from work and we are intending to head to Sydney for Round 1. No idea about ticketing. The only other time I have been interstate for a game was the infamous "sirengate" game in Tassie and in that case I had to buy the tickets direct from the ground.
Any info regarding buying tix for the Sydney game (near other saints supporters) would be greatly appreciated.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Here is the link for Round 1 in Sydney.

The BUY NOW option does not appear to be live and there is no indictation on the site when that might be:

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/Events/Eve ... 0e5d03a935

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i agree! i'm always asking when tickets for games go on sale. so it would be handy to know.

Go saints in '09!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Add this to your favourites:

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/artist/1 ... ist_view=1

Only the ANZ Stadium game round 1 and MCG games both with Ticketek will need to be monitored separately.

The Round 1 game can be found here:

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/Events/Eve ... 0e5d03a935

The Buy Now option is still not "live" and the site gives no indication when it will be, which is pretty hopeless.
Last edited by perfectionist on Mon 01 Feb 2010 4:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

doppler effect
Club Player

I just noticed you can get tickets for the saints vs pies NAB Cup game through ticketmaster now.

You can get level 2 aisle 27 row D at the moment which is pretty much the best seats you can ask for. Seats probably wont last too long in that area though.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Maybe a sticky for interstate games as they come up, then take them down after the game, but personally I think we have to many stickies.
There appear to be six. One is over a year old and another refers to a retired player. Both could go. It seems silly that those planning interstate trips have to do all the leg work themselves, which last year at least, led to conflicting advice from time to time.
I have no problem with having a sticky for ticketing, but the above bolded line... really??

Really????? Those people organising interstate trips shouldnt have to do the work themselves... Sure it would be easier for them if the info was right there infront of them prepared by someone else... but its nobody elses obligation to get that information ready. Surely if nothing else, its the travellers obligation to make sure any information needed is verified themselves?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah
just get in the car and turn the key.
worry about how far it is when youre half way.
then crack a bag of chips and turn the music up louder :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

looks like i can get over for the friday night game against the cats on june 25th at the G

i say lets have a meet at the Corner for tea and a beer
the return match
a little revenge

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:... but its nobody elses obligation to get that information ready. Surely if nothing else, its the travellers obligation ...
Gee, just as well the players don't think like that in a game i.e. "Just do it yourself and don't share the load!!!"

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:looks like i can get over for the friday night game against the cats on june 25th at the G

the return match
a little revenge
That will be awesome matrix. Hopefully the parma will be better this time. :?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
matrix wrote:looks like i can get over for the friday night game against the cats on june 25th at the G

the return match
a little revenge
That will be awesome matrix. Hopefully the parma will be better this time. :?
You got a crook meal? Ive always found the food there good

OH and Snoops...I think you and I are owed a trip to the pub from the G..while a certain someone holds our seats for us...agreed???lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Tickets to the Sydney game in Round 1 are now on sale from the ticketek website.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:Tickets to the Sydney game in Round 1 are now on sale from the ticketek website.
That's true. However, for Saints AFL Club Support members, there is an important proviso. But since, apparently, we now live in a dog eat dog world (as sanctioned by the mods), I'll keep the info to myself.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Saint_Ash wrote:Tickets to the Sydney game in Round 1 are now on sale from the ticketek website.
That's true. However, for Saints AFL Club Support members, there is an important proviso. But since, apparently, we now live in a dog eat dog world (as sanctioned by the mods), I'll keep the info to myself.
Hey...no need to be like that :P

Ticketing information is vital...I absolutely agree..but..was just a bit wary of the "too many stickies" effect (less people read them)

Youve won your case....Ill make this a sticky and see if it has the desired effect :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Good. I'll get my info together and make a (hopefully) comprehensive post tomorrow, which should take us up to Round 15 (for most categories of members anyway).

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

Ticketing information is vital...I absolutely agree..but..was just a bit wary of the "too many stickies" effect (less people read them)

Youve won your case....Ill make this a sticky and see if it has the desired effect :-)
correct.
i tend to go straight past them, and not even bother any more.

how hard can it be to organise your tickets for an interstate game?

i could get a 10 year old to do it........ i have got a 10 year old to do it. its not hard.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saint66au wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

correct.

i could get a 10 year old to do it........ i have got a 10 year old to do it. its not hard.
Dont forget Dools...you do it many times each season...some of us dont have that luxury..

With your vast knowledgebase on the subject..Im sure you could answer questions and pass on some tip and hints to make it easier for us newbies eh?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
saint66au wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

correct.

Dont forget Dools...you do it many times each season...some of us dont have that luxury..

With your vast knowledgebase on the subject..Im sure you could answer questions and pass on some tip and hints to make it easier for us newbies eh?
there are no tips.
its very simple.
you go on www.saintsational.com and go to the cheer squad/moorabbin wing forum and see what end the cheer squad/saints fans are sitting at. you then take not of that bay number and try buy a ticket in or around that bay.
or you can just buy a ticket through the cheer squad.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I have posted ticket info for the season at the beginning of this thread. I'll leave it to someone else to provide cheap flights info.

saintnick12
Club Player

Has anyone who is going to the round 1 game in Sydney bought tickets yet.

I tried to buy some cheap ones online last week, but according to the cheersquad forum with them being in bay 142, the only ones coming up online were in 118/19 at the Swans end of the ground. So last thursday I went into a ticketmaster outlet. There were none of the cheap seats available at that end, and not even the silver level, only gold. Also she said that it did not say on the computer which parts of the ground were saints etc like it usually would. Ie there should be other parts for saints other than just the behind the goals part which I would have been happy to buy if they were available. seems strange they are sold out...maybe the club has them on hold or something. Thinking about ringing the club to see if they know any further info..maybe the whole lot are not on sale yet.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Has anyone who is going to the round 1 game in Sydney bought tickets yet.

I tried to buy some cheap ones online last week, but according to the cheersquad forum with them being in bay 142, the only ones coming up online were in 118/19 at the Swans end of the ground. So last thursday I went into a ticketmaster outlet. There were none of the cheap seats available at that end, and not even the silver level, only gold. Also she said that it did not say on the computer which parts of the ground were saints etc like it usually would. Ie there should be other parts for saints other than just the behind the goals part which I would have been happy to buy if they were available. seems strange they are sold out...maybe the club has them on hold or something. Thinking about ringing the club to see if they know any further info..maybe the whole lot are not on sale yet.
i think some of the sydney saints may be in bay 119, thats the bay next to the swans CS

lendog heaven
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:Has anyone who is going to the round 1 game in Sydney bought tickets yet.

had the same trouble today at ticketdisaster - only $50 gold tx at saints end -can't believe they have sold out silver and bronze with the game a month away yet $20 bronze available at swans end?

Tramps like us.............