He is gone...rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

He is gone...rumour

I am not going to reveal my source and you can take this or leave it.

He is gone.

According to the upper echelons of the club it was an extremely 'unsettling' set of circumstances and he will not be playing for the saints.

Mod note. Thread title amended to reflect its unofficial nature

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

by the way i am pretty upset - i really thought he would be the icing on the cake this season

:( :(

#1 Ryder fan
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

You sound quite sure. Can we take your word for it???????????

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

By the way, I won't be upset about it (if it's true)

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i am only as good as what i was told but it was told directly to me.

#1 Ryder fan
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

f***!

Not happy.

But not surprised.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:i am only as good as what i was told but it was told directly to me.
Why would the source do that?

saint4life
GrumpyOne

chook23 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:i am only as good as what i was told but it was told directly to me.
Why would the source do that?
Why the separate thread?

Why not indicate closeness of source to action?

Existing evidence indicates a 50/50 bet at least.

Are you grandstanding Mr Gusto?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

if its true, will he be paid out?

GrumpyOne

saintly wrote:if its true, will he be paid out?
Only people privy to the details of his contract can answer that.

St Loxton
Club Player

If this is true let this be the last thread on this clown.
Let us all move on from this bad error of judgement.
Im sure our boys didnt get too attached to the idea of him being around.
I personally didnt think he would be our missing ingredient, just another pacy type who still had to earn his stripes in our team structure.
I am pissed off, just so over it!

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: He is gone

MC Gusto wrote:I am not going to reveal my source and you can take this or leave it.

He is gone.

According to the upper echelons of the club it was an extremely 'unsettling' set of circumstances and he will not be playing for the saints.
I have no doubt that you're right, I tipped within two weeks of the club resuming business as usual that he would be told to start marching out!

Very disappointing, was so much looking forward to his onfield brilliance giving us that little bit extra we need.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:I am not going to reveal my source and you can take this or leave it.

He is gone.

I have no doubt that you're right, I tipped within two weeks of the club resuming business as usual that he would be told to start marching out!

Very disappointing, was so much looking forward to his onfield brilliance giving us that little bit extra we need.
how would they do it without the lovett suing them? and after the capuano sacking would it be allowed?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:You sound quite sure. Can we take your word for it???????????

Of course not!

Don't you think he's made it clear enough :roll:

And good luck to the club for pissing him off.

Another opportunity awaits!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Interesting.

I had always assumed that there was something in the newspaper reports that suggested some of the other players at the club were refusing to play with Lovett.

Even though journalists are in the business of bending the truth, that would be a pretty prejudicial story for a journalist to have totally made up about a player.

I have been inclined to think all along that - whether or not Lovett is ultimately convicted of anything - he seems to be seen by the club and other players to have stepped over some sort of a line in terms of acceptable behaviour.

Very different to 2004, when the accusations against the two players were cloaked in various shades of grey and - it would seem - a convincing argument seems to have been put forward that the complaints arose from some sort of a misunderstanding.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

He is gone.

how would they do it without the lovett suing them? and after the capuano sacking would it be allowed?

Capuano was sacked for being no good so that got the Saints into a bit of hot water. However with Lovett, given his track record I would be very surprised if his contract wasn't done in such a way that we could dismiss him if what is alleged is in fact true.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

If a number of players are unhappy then how will he ever earn respect when he has not played a game or even hardly trained with them .
The contract ya hope is water tight and the Saints will not lose anything more than a number 16 draft pick and what seemed to be a really exciting player who has lots of talent and maybe little intelligence. Whatever happens we will continue to support the club and the boys as that is what we do best. Bring on 2010 season with or without Lovett

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

My guess is that Westaway, Nettefold & co will have been in very close consultation with Demetriou and Anderson over this, and I would think the the AFL hierarchy wil be supporting the Saints if they choose to move the offender on.

If thiis situation stinks as much as it seems to, Demetriou will want thid player out of the AFL QUICK SMART.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Essendon are laughing their arses off over this.

Offloaded this idiot to us for #16, and the clown is so uinhinged that he wont even play a game with us. :roll:

Ross Lyon has completely stuffed up.

Completely.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
DWOODROW
Club Player

Well if is true then it is sending a bloody good message to all players in the AFL but more importantly to those in the ranks coming through for the Saints. You either want to play football for Saint Kilda and conduct yourself in a positive and professional manner and anything less will see you shown the door. I don't care what anyone thinks, the allegation is disgusting. It's not a minor incident. It is IMO serious. If it was my sister I wouldn't be sitting around twiddling my thumbs that's for sure.
now it is time to move on and without this undesirable who after the first incident should have pulled his head in a decided I won't make that mistake or anything again. Now he will have a long time to think about it and the Saints will be moving forward as fast as possible. More important things to be concerned about. :evil:

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Essendon are laughing their arses off over this.

Offloaded this idiot to us for #16, and the clown is so uinhinged that he wont even play a game with us. :roll:

Completely.
Yes it's a stuff up but let's be clear it ain't the end of the world. It was a risk. One that looks like it won't pay off. That is the nature of risk. No need to become melodramatic IMO.

We've lost a potential player of the calibre of Adam Pattison (taken 16 in 2004) or Andrew McQualter (taken 17 in 2004) i.e. unlikely to pick up a gun, more likely a GOP.....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Completely.
Whiile he clearly would have been consulted, I don't believe the coach can be held fully responsible for recruitment decisions: Lyon any more than GT.

Drain has made a considerable effort to identify himself publicly with the recruitment of a number of players from other clubs: Dawson and Ray in particular. He gives the appearance of being keen to bring in recycled players as much as possible.

So he might well be as much (or more) to blame than Lyon.

But, ultimately, I think the decision to recruit AL was a reasonable one under the circumstances. The reason it looks rather bad ATM is because we also let Luke Ball go.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Completely.

Everyone has a different opinion and everyone uses words that others interpret differently. I personally don’t believe RL “stuffed upâ€

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

IF this is true and he is gone...I hope the AFL are involved to the point that this leech NEVER again plays AFL football...

I too had this guy as the icing on the cake this year.....IMHO we really needed some run/carry from someone who could also add to our midfield goals.....Lovett was that. Peake aint a shadow.

Sure we can speculate what we would/wouldnt have got for pick 16 etc etc but facts are we have lost out big time.

Im p!ssed about it - but still IF this is true at least it removes the stigma attached to our club and allows the club to focus on the season ahead which is crucial.

“Yeah….nah””
bob__71
Club Player

As long a Luke Ball didnt leave because he knew we were recruiting Lovett....but we will never know that.

And my guess is the only reason we havent sacked Lovett yet is so he cant accuse us of stopping him getting a fair trial.