maybe not us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

maybe not us

...but who knows...we aren't one of the wealthy clubs...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/i ... 5815357617

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Yeah.. Our figures due out shortly (in about two weeks) and our AGM is later this month or next month. It could be a question for the AGM;

Why are we so much later than all the other clubs in revealing our financial position and conducting our AGM?

Could we get the hippie with the ponytail to ask it? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Does it matter at what time the figures are released?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:Does it matter at what time the figures are released?
Not really. It is just that ALL clubs/companies have the same legal requirements and we are almost always one of the last, if not THE last to disclose our position. The question is; WHY? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Not really. It is just that ALL clubs/companies have the same legal requirements and we are almost always one of the last, if not THE last to disclose our position. The question is; WHY? !!
who cares why we are one of the last?

We have already been told we would run at a loss this year.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
goodie
Club Player

Bit rude for them to publish before one club has put out its figures. Like the story couldn't wait two weeks.

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
Eastern wrote:
who cares why we are one of the last?

We have already been told we would run at a loss this year.
As long as we disclose according to our legal obligations within the time frame specified.

No inference can be taken from when we disclose provided it is within that time frame.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Well Well you have posted something that maybe you should just ask the Club about instead of posting on here...

Wasn't you that suggested I should do the same when I posted about my reserved seating at our home game at the MCG V Geelong...

Wasn't you that suggested that why should I "winge"on here and that I should contact the Club???

I did think that this was a forum for discussion, but apparently that's only if you are interested in the topic...

Wasn't you the poster that suggested that you wished I received the clubs latest survey after my last years response to not receiving one and left the famous

:roll: :wink:

I tell you what, if you have an issue, going by your terms don't bother with this site, otherwise you will be labelled a "winger" like you have called me.

Now run along and bitch and complain to the Club, because by your terms this is not the site to do so and have a discussion about it...

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
quidnunc
Club Player

Payback is a bitch - touche!

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
sainter35
Club Player

Passive aggressive

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The interesting figure in the story for me was the 'Membership Revenue' that each Club generated.
As I have suspected for some time, it would appear that a significant number of Hawthorn's 50,000+ memberships are ones that cost very little money.
Compare their Membership Revenue with that of Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon who all have significantly less total members.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:The interesting figure in the story for me was the 'Membership Revenue' that each Club generated.
As I have suspected for some time, it would appear that a significant number of Hawthorn's 50,000+ memberships are ones that cost very little money.
Compare their Membership Revenue with that of Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon who all have significantly less total members.
Still going to be 2-3 million above ours and is still one million above Essendon which to me equates to about 10,000 members. Considering there lowest membership costs pretty much the same as ours it makes sense.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:The interesting figure in the story for me was the 'Membership Revenue' that each Club generated.
Still going to be 2-3 million above ours and is still one million above Essendon which to me equates to about 10,000 members. Considering there lowest membership costs pretty much the same as ours it makes sense.
How about in comparison to Collingwood and Carlton.
Collingwood has thousands less members yet is $2.2 million ahead of Hawthorn in actual dollars.
Carlton is about 10,000 less members but approx the same membership revenue.

I'm not saying that Hawthorn isn't doing a great job, just that Clubs can make any figure look like they want it to (like all statistics).

My point was, and still is, that comparing membership numbers is nowhere near as relevant as comparing the actual Membership Revenue.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Collingwood has thousands less members yet is $2.2 million ahead of Hawthorn in actual dollars.

I'm not saying that Hawthorn isn't doing a great job, just that Clubs can make any figure look like they want it to (like all statistics).

My point was, and still is, that comparing membership numbers is nowhere near as relevant as comparing the actual Membership Revenue.
Yes that may be true but whatever way you look at it if you have 50,000 members you are going to be way up there on revenue. Their revenue makes sense with the amount of members they have. There is certainly not fiddling of the books. Collingwood will always huge revenue due to their fanatical support which means they can sell a lot of $700 memberships as that is the only membership that guareentees a GF ticket. Calton play at Etihad and obviously sell plenty of reserved seats. Hawthorn obviously dont sell as many at the G.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes that may be true but whatever way you look at it if you have 50,000 members you are going to be way up there on revenue. Their revenue makes sense with the amount of members they have. There is certainly not fiddling of the books. Collingwood will always huge revenue due to their fanatical support which means they can sell a lot of $700 memberships as that is the only membership that guareentees a GF ticket. Calton play at Etihad and obviously sell plenty of reserved seats. Hawthorn obviously dont sell as many at the G.
Both valid points.

I eagerly await our Membership Revenue figure so that we can compare it with the Clubs who have similar numbers of memebrs as us -WB, Melbourne, North Melbourne.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sorry guys, not trying to put a dampner on things but....

Why are you guys so interested in Revenue and bottom lines?

Profits or losses are only abstract accounting concepts and mean absolutely nothing when the financial health of an organisation is in question.

So easy to manipulate bottom lines with abnormals and extraordinaries and a myriad of other ways. nothing illegal or dodgey about that, we wrote of 3 million in Assets a few years back, means nothing.

Also you could have a $100 mill in revenue, doesn't mean you have the cash.

Cash Flow and the Balance Sheet are what I look at and compare it to previous years. You then get an idea of the relative financial health of the organisation.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i still reckon the tiges and the roos should just shut up shop. they are done.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Sorry guys, not trying to put a dampner on things but....

Why are you guys so interested in Revenue and bottom lines?
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
Premierships won during the past decade:
2000 - Essendon. Very rich.
2001 - Brisbane. Rich (AFL assisted).
2002 - Brisbane. Rich (AFL assisted).
2003 - Brisbane. Rich (AFL assisted).
2004 - Port Adelaide. Average wealth.
2005 - Sydney. Rich (AFL assisted).
2006 - West Coast. Very rich.
2007 - Geelong. Financially secure.
2008 - Hawthorn. Very rich.
2009 - Geelong. Rich and will get richer.

Money doesn't win you premierships. But it keeps you alive, helps you get/retain the best coaches, players and staff, all whilst in the best facilities. Collingwood and Adelaide are examples that wealth doesn't win premierships, but then again, the Pies played in more GFs than we did during the past decade, and Adelaide barely missed out on September. Balance sheets go hand in hand with success.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.