Argument between Pies and Us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

Argument between Pies and Us!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 191&page=3

F*** those Fags of the so called magpie army!

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Argument between Pies and Us!

Saints94 wrote:http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 191&page=3

Hang out with those filth and sooner or later you will get beat up.
Just ask Pendelbury.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: Argument between Pies and Us!

ace wrote:
Saints94 wrote:http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 191&page=3

Hang out with those filth and sooner or later you will get beat up.
Just ask Pendelbury.
Yeah im not that stupid unlike them i was just seeing what the fuss was about in our salary cap issues.....

Batnoe

Im pretty sure you dont have to fill your whole rookie list... so in that.. if we were full with our salary then we wouldnt have to fill it like we did

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why even argue with those pieces of s.hit?

They were stupid enough to pay $500k a season for a clapped out 25 y.o. with attitude problems.

WTF would they know?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints94
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Why even argue with those pieces of s.hit?

They were stupid enough to pay $500k a season for a clapped out 25 y.o. with attitude problems.

WTF would they know?
Exactly mate there so called supporters are so gay :roll: :?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Im pretty sure you dont have to fill your whole rookie list... so in that.. if we were full with our salary then we wouldnt have to fill it like we did
The scheduled payments to rookies don't count against the salary cap, but they do count against the club's financial budget.
The Bulldogs like to make a big fuss about fund raising so that they can afford to take on rookies.

The only reasons not to take a full complement of rookies is club finances or the players available are considered to have no hope.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
goodie
Club Player

Don't argue with a moron, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

And let's face it, it's Collingwood

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WTF would they know?
Who is that. I know they got an good in and under player with ordinary skills who until 10 weeks ago was adored by a certain club but once he realised he mightnt get a game he decided to leave as any normal person would. I also doubt that player would be getting 500k a year.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

WTF would they know?
Who is that. I know they got an good in and under player with ordinary skills who until 10 weeks ago was adored by a certain club but once he realised he mightnt get a game he decided to leave as any normal person would. I also doubt that player would be getting 500k a year.
yeah, maybe not directly from the Club....

One does wonder what Collingwood have as far with some extra payments outside of the salary cap

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

WTF would they know?
Hard to tell if you are taking the p1ss or not.

But here's a selection of stories which mention Luke Ball's wages at Collingwood.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/pu ... 70415.html

http://sportal.com.au/AFL-opinion-displ ... tter-81833

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 5799919812

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

WTF would they know?
Hard to tell if you are taking the p1ss or not.

But here's a selection of stories which mention Luke Ball's wages at Collingwood.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/pu ... 70415.html

http://sportal.com.au/AFL-opinion-displ ... tter-81833

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 5799919812
Yes they put that on the salary cap but that was to put other clubs off. I doubt Bally would be taking the 500k a year.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Collingwood, the richest club in the world, not paying their full salary cap. I'm sure Dane, Tarkyn, Josh and their managers are really happy about that.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Collingwood, the richest club in the world, not paying their full salary cap. I'm sure Dane, Tarkyn, Josh and their managers are really happy about that.
I think they would less happy if Bally was getting 500k.

HarveysDeciple

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:Collingwood, the richest club in the world, not paying their full salary cap. I'm sure Dane, Tarkyn, Josh and their managers are really happy about that.
I thought the rules stated that the nominated salary had to be set aside in the salary cap?

Therefore it's $500,000 out of the Pies salary cap as soon as they take the player at the nominated wage?

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Dear Dane,

Congratulations on a fantastic season. We note your request for more money but unfortunately we have no more money in the salary cap. The reason for this is we are setting aside half a million dollars so that Luke Ball doesn't go to Melbourne. We know that's more than he's worth and we aren't going to pay him that much but when you are rorting the system there are some sacrifices we all have to make.

Please make Luke welcome and try to ignore the fact that he is the reason that we couldn't give you a pay rise.

Yours sincerely

Eddie, Mick and Bucks.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Funny about that 500k figure.
It's the same figure Greg Denham claimed Collingwood had offered Ball in an article months ago, before the finals had even commenced.

Just coincidence? :roll:

ANd we've also heard that Ball nominated the 500k for 2 years and would be then playing for much less in the third year?

So which is it?
You can't have it both ways.

And just exactly when did Ball decide he needed to leave St Kilda to get a regular game?
After the GF when he started on the ground?
After he spoke to the Coach and was told what he needed to do to get more game time?
Prior to his nomination in the draft when he was already availing himself of the facilities at LickAr$e Centre?
Just before he advised the Club via text message that he was leaving?

Or was it back in June when he was offered 300-350k a season for 3 years by the Saints and his manager went looking for other offers?

I haven't seen a single report of Connors sounding out other clubs on behalf of Ball for more game time. But I've certainly seen reports linking Ball to Collingwood well before this 'game time excuse' came up.
I wonder if it's written into his contract at Collingwood that he has to get at least x% game time. Are there penalties if they fail to deliver on that?
So would Malthouse have been a party to the negotiation of that particular demand?
I cna just see it now.
Malthouse - 'get Swan off, Ball has to play another 4 minutes to reach his minimum.' :roll:

Hands up anybody who believes that Collingwood/Malthouse are going to deliberately play Ball longer than their fitness staff asses him capable of playing at his peak (or acceptable level)?

IMHO that's why the 'game time'/'not really getting 500k' excuses are nothing more than an attempt to justify Ball's decision to leave St Kilda.
(and I've got no issue with him accepting a better offer, just admit to it without the BS attempts to tarnish us to justify it)

Richter
SS Life Member

Saints 94. Shame on you for the homophobia. The rest of the argument I care little about. But coming on here and mouthing off about Collingwood as if they are filth whilst espousing that nonsense.... well as far as I am concerned you are lower than the lowest magpie maggot....

Think on...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

If you don't argue with morons then you don't have an argument

Another opportunity awaits!
asiu

very true

:)

its good reading jeffdunne going for it again ...ahhh , how good is footy

keeps us amused all year

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:very true

keeps us amused all year
ahhh jeffdunne - what a great Saints man. Absolutely slays them at bf, has done so for year.

Too bad he left here. Was chased away by your best mate stinger. Maybe if stinger is banned permantley, we may get quality posters like jd back.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
asiu

oh well ... 2 big boys in the same room .... rutt on

jd can handle stinger

jd went on the grounds of .... rules sprouted but not enforced equally ... as i understand it

stinger was just the mirror

anyways , back to important shite

in all finals against that bunch of parasitic amoebas , the score is

6 wins to us ... 3 wins to them

(66.7%) v (33.3%)

another loss would put them into 'choker' status i reckon :lol:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

From what's been discussed in this forum ..

1. Luke is probably being paid the same as St Kilda would have paid him anyway.

2. The $500 k figure was to scare Melbourne off so that he ends up at Collingwood.

3. The $500 k figure (regardless of what he's actually being paid) will still
apply in the Salary Cap and hurt Collingwood.

4. There's no winners out of this as far as Collingwood and Ball are concerned.

5. Hence Collingwood and Ball are losers.

6. If there's any winners out of this - it's Armo and St kilda.

so

7. Let's rejoice !

asiu

barks is a winner

the ill begotton son of beadyeyed grant will get a big run in '10.... :)

HarveysDeciple

joffaboy wrote:
gazrat wrote:very true

keeps us amused all year
ahhh jeffdunne - what a great Saints man. Absolutely slays them at bf, has done so for year.

Too bad he left here. Was chased away by your best mate stinger. Maybe if stinger is banned permantley, we may get quality posters like jd back.
jeff dunne gave as good he got, and decided to leave when he didn't get his own way.....noone's fault but his own.