#1 his best ( or other)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

#1 his best ( or other)

Grammy had a good year In MY Humble Opinion- a couple of flat spots
but watching a couple of games early he was running and spoiling well.

Best Game?
Best memory?

what about #31 - solid but just couldn't get over that last hurdle- all the best

and #41 he's a developing player- tough luck with ankles cruelled his finals time with Sandringham.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
milney044
Club Player

Grammy's best game was definitely the Grand Final without a doubt. He really stood up and surprised me a bit, i hope this brings him some confidence and he continues to improve. He's been a great pickup and the Lions could have really used him now. Oh well bad luck, you could say we owe them one - maybe it will be X's time to shine...

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saintnick12
Club Player

milney044 wrote:Grammy's best game was definitely the Grand Final without a doubt. He really stood up and surprised me a bit, i hope this brings him some confidence and he continues to improve. He's been a great pickup and the Lions could have really used him now. Oh well bad luck, you could say we owe them one - maybe it will be X's time to shine...
Agree the GF was his best game of the year..he was great!! Hopefully that will give him some confidence leading into next year. From my perspective (with no stats to back it up..lol), I just felt at games that he was getting a lot of the ball but his goal kicking and general disposal was no where near what it had been last year. He seemed to be spraying it a lot more and seemed to lose a bit of confidence. Especially around the time he was dropped. He is another who still has improvement in him which we will hopefully see this season

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

On a day when field kicking was a lottery at the best of times, Jason Gram was our most consistant 4 quarter player, and might have just snagged the Norm Smith if we'd won

I love Grammy but he makes me tear my hair out sometimes. I love his dash, his flair, his willingness to break lines, but holy mother of God the forward line have to say a prayer when he's streaming towards them

I know a lot of his shots are from long range, but 12.23 for the season was a poor return for someone who has an many scoring chances as him. Also reflects the ratio of times he manages to hit a target

Weld BJ's kicking boot onto him and he'd win a Brownlow. If he can work on somehow improving his kicking (and style, even when accurate they spin like a wobbbly top) so that he doesnt seem to be overbalanced when ball hits boot, he could be one of the real stars of the competition

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Had a VERY ordinary year but how we forget when he had a very good game in the grand final...

His kicking ended up below 55% efficiency which is terrible.... He constantly butchered the ball and hopefully he will rectify this and work on this defficiency.

He was dropped for form and discipline also a year to forget for grammy playing wise (except the grand final) IMHO

Trojan
Club Player

Remeber the 2008 NAB Cup Grand Final.

He had a brilliant game vs Adelaide at AAMI.

He must have a knack for Grand Finals. We'll just have to get him to more of them :)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Spoke to him at the B&F and his view was the the GF was the best game he had ever played. Set himself a new benchmark.

Batnoe

saint66au wrote:On a day when field kicking was a lottery at the best of times, Jason Gram was our most consistant 4 quarter player, and might have just snagged the Norm Smith if we'd won

I love Grammy but he makes me tear my hair out sometimes. I love his dash, his flair, his willingness to break lines, but holy mother of God the forward line have to say a prayer when he's streaming towards them

I know a lot of his shots are from long range, but 12.23 for the season was a poor return for someone who has an many scoring chances as him. Also reflects the ratio of times he manages to hit a target

Weld BJ's kicking boot onto him and he'd win a Brownlow. If he can work on somehow improving his kicking (and style, even when accurate they spin like a wobbbly top) so that he doesnt seem to be overbalanced when ball hits boot, he could be one of the real stars of the competition

My thoughts exactly, i have publicly critisied young number 1, but partly because of what you said up the top. He looks like he could be brilliant and then he lets it down. If he can hit targets he will be one of our most important.

There is no doubt he runs and carries the ball, he can't kick though and his defence isnt the best (he still plays basketball on the footy field)

If he can change at least one of these he will be great

Good luck Gram

S.A Saint
Club Player

had a good year overall...started off pretty good and then dropped away a little bit towards the end with a few of the other players...gf was his best game overall...all he needs to do is get his disposals efficiency up 15 or so percent and he will be killing it next year...

HarveysDeciple

Needs to make his disposal far more consistent. His kicking a real lottery.

However he breaks the lines and has got much better defensively. Overall is a very good player.

Best game: Grand Final
Worst game: Round 13 vs Richmond. Had 29 touches and hit a target with about 3 of them.