Hope it isn't an omen.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hope it isn't an omen.

The club looses a grand final only to have one of their key players walk out because he over rates his own worth. (J. Shannahan and J Smith for that matter.)

I hope Ross knows what he's doing because I can't do 98 again. Loosing guys like Ball Maguire and X clarke might be destablising the list.

We got some good ins but its all an unknown quantity. I have faith but I wont be counting my chicken until they hatch next season.

What do you think the changes will bring to the club and do you think we may be stuffing around with a pretty good list?

I think Voss has made way too many changes at Brisbane and could have a fall away season.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hope it isn't an omen.

gringo wrote:The club looses a grand final only to have one of their key players walk out because he over rates his own worth. (J. Shannahan and J Smith for that matter.)
Joel Smith had a knee reco and was offered a three year contract by Hawthorn. He didn't overrate himself and played good footy.

Shanahan was the scapegoat for '97.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintlee
Club Player

None of those players are vital to us, only Ball has played regularly in the best 22 over the past couple of years....

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Looking for an omen?

Port made a stand with Stevens, won the flag the next year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey
**** yeah
they did too

now thats a quirky omen

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If you cannot have a little faith in the coach, at least give the guys on our list a little bit more credit please...

xander
Club Player

gringo wrote:The club looses a grand final only to have one of their key players walk out because he over rates his own worth. (J. Shannahan and J Smith for that matter.)

I hope Ross knows what he's doing because I can't do 98 again. Loosing guys like Ball Maguire and X clarke might be destablising the list.

We got some good ins but its all an unknown quantity. I have faith but I wont be counting my chicken until they hatch next season.

What do you think the changes will bring to the club and do you think we may be stuffing around with a pretty good list?

I think Voss has made way too many changes at Brisbane and could have a fall away season.
I know those 2 are fan favorites and such but they played a combined total of 0 games for us in our best H&A season ever so losing them can't be that bad.

Fact is we have lost Ball and 2 players that haven't done anything in a while and gained Lovett and a few players that could be worth the risk.

ace
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Joel Smith had a knee reco and was offered a three year contract by Hawthorn. He didn't overrate himself and played good footy.

Shanahan had told the whole world he was going into the Pre-Season Draft and bound for Melbourne.

And that before he even played in the losing Grand Final team.
And he made his reasons clear too, he wanted more money.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I hope Ross knows what he's doing because I can't do 98 again. Loosing guys like Ball Maguire and X clarke might be destablising the list.
Just clearing out the dead wood from the 2001 National Draft.

2. Luke Ball dead groin and now dead beat.
5. Xavier Clarke dead legs
21. Matt Maguire dead leg

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget Matthew Drain, one of our best recruits of late. If he's not the best list manager in the business, I'm a Dutchman. In Matthew, I trust! (No I'm not wearing clogs, eating cheese and my name doesn't start with Van der!)

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Shanahan had told the whole world he was going into the Pre-Season Draft and bound for Melbourne.

And that before he even played in the losing Grand Final team.
And he made his reasons clear too, he wanted more money.
If you are going to make up stories at least get them close. Shanahan was dumped by us so he went into the draft. Maybe he was forced to do it by the AFL.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

One thing I've learned about omens is that they are non-existent.

Having lost our last three preliminary finals to eventual premiers, I reckon that would have been a pretty good omen for victory once we had finally earned our grand final spot. Didn't end up happening.

No team had lost the grand final after winning their first 19 home & away matches, another good omen for premiership glory. Obviously didn't mean squat on the day.

Never draw to previous history, statistics or omens as your source of confidence, as our club should know more than any that it doesn't mean squat. It's the men who take the field who control their destiny.

Bad management is bad management