which clubs did best?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

which clubs did best?

I hear North did really well and also Geelong (which concerns me...) considering their position?

Anyone got a bit of a rundown?

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

From the HS review...

GEELONG: South Australian Daniel Menzel was a bit of a surprise. Allan Christensen is a local boy who suits Geelong’s style so he’s a predictable pick. They can both play next year. Nathan Vardy was a bargain.

NORTH MELBOURNE: Ben Cunnington is sold and ready to play. Ryan Bastinac is also a good pick. Aaron Black slipped through. They’d be happy with him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5804354655

xander
Club Player

Well obviously Melbourne did pretty well. But i think the swans did pretty well too considering they got 2 players from the WAFL that will be ready straight away and 2 good prospects in Reid & Rohan. I think North and Geelong went alright considering they both had alot of mid picks they got alot of good prospects. As far as Geelong's good drafting being a threat to us i don't think it should be much of a concern as most players picked later on have an impact with the top teams.

Saintersss
Club Player

Geelong did extremely well considering their picks.
Menzel, Christensen, Duncan and Vardy is absolutely amazing.

Melbourne obvisiously did well, it would be a shock if they didn't do well though. They are going to have a super midfield soon.

Richmond picked up some quality too.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

We did best.

And nobody can prove that wrong for a few years at least.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Ask again in 10 years time.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Considering what lousy picks we had I think we did quite well, even though I was disappointed at first with the re-cycling.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We did- we are the best eva.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think north will be pleased with who the got .... a few players splipped a fair way back for them so they were lucky to swoop ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:We did best.

And nobody can prove that wrong for a few years at least.
With Ross Lyon's philosophies you should add an extra two years to that !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who cares, as long as the 22 we put on the park beat the 22 the other guys put on the park?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Who cares, as long as the 22 we put on the park beat the 22 the other guys put on the park?
I hear you, as long as we win the premiership in 2010 I couldn't give a stuff about the other 15 clubs...

Meh Geelong don't worry me, they can't stay good forever. Being around the top for 3 years straight is going to make it diffucult to make that 4.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I agree too, so the thing of most interest to us probably is how those expected to be vying for a flag next year did in trading/drafting.
Collingwood would be laughing about getting Jolly and Ball with their first two picks in a "weak" draft. They could make them instantly 15% better. Jolly alone could make a huge difference, if he plays anywhere near his form in Sydney and you can imagine how keen Ball will be to do well. Throw in the fact that Mick will be pulling out all the stops to win a flag in his last two years and they'll be much tougher to beat, I imagine.
Geelong haven't really changed much, so I too expect they'll find it hard to get up again, with the same group. Do they have have that much motivation?
Adelaide also haven't changed much, so they'll need to find improvement from within.
The Bulldogs gain Barry Hall, so that could help them enormously and they were very close already.
Brisbane gain Fevola and Buchanan in the forward line, plus Goose (who, like Ball, will be extra-keen and probably much more mobile, now that he's had that recent procedure that has freed up his ability to run), X Clarke and Raines potentially down back, plus Lauenberger and Charman probably to return to the ruck, freeing up Mitch Clark to either play CHB, or form a ridiculously potent forward line with Brown and Fev. They could be anything, if Voss gets it working quickly.
Hawthorn gain Josh Gibson down back, Shaun Burgoyne in the middle and Rhan Hooper in the forward line, after only losing Mark Williams of note, plus they could get a heap back from injury. They could also be anything, especially if Buddy gets back on track, which I expect he will.
So we'll need to continue to improve, if we want a flag next year. That will hopefully be helped by gaining Lovett, Walsh and hopefully Smith, with expected/hopeful improvement from guys like McEvoy, Armo, Lynch and Steven, though. We have lost a hell of a lot of experience, leadership, character, spirit and talent, in Ball, Maxie, X and Matt MaGuire, though, so it's going to take a hell of an effort.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Art Vandelay
Club Player

I thought it was hilarious that whoever did the ratings in the Sun gave us a B- . What the..!!! I would have given the Saints a D (at best). Picked up one kid who hopefully go on and have a long and dsitinguished career, and a witches hat and fluro training top.