I hope I'ts not true.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint4Eva
Club Player

I hope I'ts not true.....

Hi everyone, 1st time poster long time reader. I have some news that i hope isn't true. Nick Davis had agreed to terms with a country footy club along with Matt Wheelan for the 2010 season but informed the club that his contract must be put on hold because of an invite by Ross Lyon to train with the St Kilda Football Club. I thought that only nominated players could train with clubs of the pre season but have now been told that if the club come to an agreement with a player that was not on an AFL list the previous year then it is fine.
This isn't a fake post and I have got this information through the football manager of the club that Nick agreed to terms with.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

not played for any football club for 4 years is the rule so no we would have to goto the pre-season or natgional draft to get him. And you need AFL permission for any player to train with you as you have to pay them. And no the saints wont take Davis either way whoever told you this is pulling your chain.

ace
Saintsational Legend

A player form another club must be delisted and then the club must get AFL permission for him to train.
That permission is granted after all the other requirements including pay, medical insurance, etc are all in place.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Quixote
SS Life Member

Ross called me this morning. I'm off to training tomorrow. Pretty hopeful.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

We already got Schnieder, might as well get Davis as well.

IIRC Schnieder won them the prelim, Davis put them there.

:lol:
Last edited by Spinner on Sun 22 Nov 2009 11:11am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:We already got Schnieder, might as well get Davis as well.
Why?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

As I keep saying, we have more than enough players from other clubs now.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:As I keep saying, we have more than enough players from other clubs now.
What's the correct number?

oneteam
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
borderbarry wrote:As I keep saying, we have more than enough players from other clubs now.
What's the correct number?
NO magic! We have enough . There is no room for Ablett, Chapman, Porpleszia, or any others. OK?

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Re: I hope I'ts not true.....

Saint4Eva wrote:Hi everyone, 1st time poster long time reader. I have some news that i hope isn't true. Nick Davis had agreed to terms with a country footy club along with Matt Wheelan for the 2010 season but informed the club that his contract must be put on hold because of an invite by Ross Lyon to train with the St Kilda Football Club. I thought that only nominated players could train with clubs of the pre season but have now been told that if the club come to an agreement with a player that was not on an AFL list the previous year then it is fine.
This isn't a fake post and I have got this information through the football manager of the club that Nick agreed to terms with.
Ah Bruce Eva?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

did he nominate for the ND?

I guess not I guess this post was BS from the start

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:did he nominate for the ND?

Have a look at the back page of the Age Sport Section.

It is the PSD not the ND that they are talking about

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

it's a quarter page item in the age Today austfatcat...by Bruce eva

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sax
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:did he nominate for the ND?

I think it was all BS if you read this article!
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 07501.html

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Have a look at the back page of the Age Sport Section.

It is the PSD not the ND that they are talking about

See the above age link Joffa also what was in the age sports section a list of people who have nominated for the PSD? Hense my origonal post asking..

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Ross called me this morning. I'm off to training tomorrow. Pretty hopeful.
good luck mate
should get a spot in the NAB cup comp at least

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

NO magic! We have enough . There is no room for Ablett, Chapman, Porpleszia, or any others. OK?

Ah. If only that was the class of player we have been picking up from other clubs.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Saint4Eva wrote:Hi everyone, 1st time poster long time reader. I have some news that i hope isn't true. Nick Davis had agreed to terms with a country footy club along with Matt Wheelan for the 2010 season but informed the club that his contract must be put on hold because of an invite by Ross Lyon to train with the St Kilda Football Club. I thought that only nominated players could train with clubs of the pre season but have now been told that if the club come to an agreement with a player that was not on an AFL list the previous year then it is fine.
Hate to say it, but the title on your first thread is spelt wrong. "it's" not "I'ts" :oops: :oops:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Not on the permission to train list - therefore you hope is granted.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Reported in the SMH this morning that he has been asked to train with us?

i.e. "is to be asked to train St Kilda with a view to the saints drafting him"

No link but it's on the first page in of the sports liftout, which is the gossip bit of the section.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Tue, Dec 1, 2pm – Out of contract AFL primary list player draft nomination deadline, NSW scholarship-listed players and international scholarship-listed players inclusion on rookie list deadline

Wed, Dec 2, 2pm – List lodgement three and TPP (total player payment) estimates

Tue, Dec 8, 2pm – Delisted primary list player draft nomination deadline

Tue, Dec 15, 10am – NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft

Cant he still apply?

Lance or James??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/irish- ... tml?page=2

SAINT NICK?
Word has it in Melbourne that former Swan Nick Davis is to be asked to train with St Kilda with a view to the Saints drafting him. The 29-year-old played 168 games for Sydney and Collingwood before being axed by the Swans at the end of last year.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

PAUL KELLY might not be the only Sydney Swans hero to defect to Greater Western Sydney. Premiership-winning forward Nick Davis has also expressed interest in doing likewise in a move which could further raise the profile of the AFL's 18th team.

Taken from todays Age. I doubt he would be looking for a job with the new club if he was considering the Saints.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:PAUL KELLY might not be the only Sydney Swans hero to defect to Greater Western Sydney. Premiership-winning forward Nick Davis has also expressed interest in doing likewise in a move which could further raise the profile of the AFL's 18th team.

Taken from todays Age. I doubt he would be looking for a job with the new club if he was considering the Saints.
If the Saints are looking at him, it would only be a slim chance rather thana guarantee, and so hence it be prident foir Nick to have more than one iron in the fire.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Why in God's name would we be considering adding Davis to our list, even as a project player???

He's a small forward with major attitude problems who will turn 30 at the start of next season.

It was reasonable to take on Gardi, with all his accumulated baggage, because we desperately needed ruckmen. But do we need yet another small forward?

Davis at his absolute best would struggle to win a spot ahead of Schneider or Milne. Davis was a superb positional player who was almost uncannily reliable at converting shots on goal, but - in terms of workrate - I would put him significantly behind the other two.

And that was at his absolute best, which was a while ago..............

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift