Should Luke Ball stay or go?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Should Luke Ball stay at St Kilda?

Poll ended at Sat 17 Oct 2009 9:59pm

Yes
59%
No
34%
Unsure
7%

Total votes: 138

battye
Saintsational Legend

Should Luke Ball stay or go?

Simple poll. It seems like opinion is pretty divided over this... is the relationship between St Kilda and Ball repairable? Or should he go into the National or PSD draft for another club to pick up?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Should he go. For his sake yes for the club it makes no difference.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Get rid of him..

somehow he ended up a GOP.....amazing when i think about it

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
battye
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:somehow he ended up a GOP.....amazing when i think about it
Yes, it's been clear for some time now but before this saga happened I don't think anyone really wanted to admit it.

Zippy
Club Player

He's still good and I'd love to have him still there.

Whether the relationship's repairable is something that only Luke and Ross Lyon know.

But he's a player worth having, for sure.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I voted 'yes' simply because i feel he adds alot around the club (Off-field)

Whether or not he will still have this impact amoungst his peers will now be tested

smilk
Club Player

Well we don't get anything out of him going. The only thing is if it is possible to mend the bridges that have been burnt...

I'm really happy with the way the club and Ross have dealt with this. They have played it very straight the whole way and were clear from the start that they weren't interested in draft picks and wanted a decent player trade for ball... Pretty simple really...
Collingwood didn't want to part with anyone of use on their team and couldn't work out a trade with another team to get a player. When it comes down to it they chose to go after Jolly (conner's client) as a priority instead and risked the ball deal not going through. Which unfortunately for everyone didn't.

Luke staying really hinges on why he actually wanted to leave in the first place... A lot of different things have been said in the media and by Conners about what Collingwood has offered his client etc. With all this it's hard to actually know what's really gone on. I'm sure there are some truths there but how much of that is mixed with spin and bullsh*t...?
One thing Connors hasn't helped is the relationship between StKFC and his client and with no deal getting done he doesn't look flash. Great to see the saints have kept positive though and stayed away from petty statements with the circus around them.

We know there will be an offer there... and it won't be the three year contract offered in June... but here will be an offer there. Ball will take a couple of weeks holiday and think about it. He knows what Ross will be asking of him. If he decides he wants to stay I'm certain Ross will sit down and get answers to the questions he needs regarding his commitment and anything else that will help them move forward. And i'm confident if Ball does or doesn't tick the right boxes then Ross will not flinch at making the right decision for the club.

If does go i hope he gets drafted to Fremantle :P

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The fairytale is that he does a Ryan O'Keefe

The reality might be that he's lost the respect of the coach and leadership group

I wonder about the "pact" the players made some years back. Could this be seen as breaking it? If so, its game over for Luke at St Kilda I reckon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well 2 to 1 in favour of retaining ball says a lot. the majority of forumites still want him in our team in 2010.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

It's a no-brainer! The kid has made a mistake and probably one he regrets! Everyone deserves a second chance, why has he been cut so little slack????Really harsh by some on here! There is far more at stake for Ball than mere colours! Who knows what outside pressures and perhaps self-belief has made him wander down this avenue. He stays! He's done more than enough to deserve a little more respect than what's been shown on here. Ordinary! Naturally, I voted yes.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:It's a no-brainer! The kid has made a mistake and probably one he regrets! Everyone deserves a second chance, why has he been cut so little slack????Really harsh by some on here! There is far more at stake for Ball than mere colours! Who knows what outside pressures and perhaps self-belief has made him wander down this avenue. He stays! He's done more than enough to deserve a little more respect than what's been shown on here. Ordinary! Naturally, I voted yes.
I agree with you up to a point. Does Luke think he has made a mistake? Can he win back the respect of his fellow team mates (rumours running around the traps are that they are not impressed). For the record, I voted yes, but he has a lot of ground to make up. I don't want him back if his heart is not in it. He would be better off heading to Melbourne if that is the case.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
emma
Club Player

If he is truely committed to the club and can sort the situation out with Ross and the boys, i believe he is very valuable to the team. But if he is not desperate to play for the saints then he should leave.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Luke is in the AFL, the professionals' league.
At St Kilda they don't play footy, everyone plays a role FOR THE TEAM.
Roles can change but they are always earned.

If Luke wants to play a role for the team he should stay and earn it.
If Luke wants to play footy then he should go play in the Amateurs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sign a one year deal Luke...prove your worth to us. If not move on, cash in on GC17 or go to the Filth, at least give yourself and the club the best opportunities and results for the future.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

play part-time and for 100k. then sign a 1.8m four-year deal with GC17.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

thank god 'unsure' option was there. This has really given me something to think about. Do i think he should stay??

yes, he is a proven talented player.

no, if he dont want to be there, and no longer had the passion at the saints, he can give nothing to us. Winning a flag i would think requires a dedication to the club.

so...unsure... at this stage. More of the story needed for my call on this.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I wonder about the "pact" the players made some years back. Could this be seen as breaking it? If so, its game over for Luke at St Kilda I reckon
Hasn't X already done that, Maguire was contemplating a move to... not much is being made of those 2 things

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:It's a no-brainer! The kid has made a mistake and probably one he regrets! Everyone deserves a second chance, why has he been cut so little slack????Really harsh by some on here! There is far more at stake for Ball than mere colours! Who knows what outside pressures and perhaps self-belief has made him wander down this avenue. He stays! He's done more than enough to deserve a little more respect than what's been shown on here. Ordinary! Naturally, I voted yes.
I agree with you up to a point. Does Luke think he has made a mistake? Can he win back the respect of his fellow team mates (rumours running around the traps are that they are not impressed). For the record, I voted yes, but he has a lot of ground to make up. I don't want him back if his heart is not in it. He would be better off heading to Melbourne if that is the case.
Agree with you 110%!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

excellent posts

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:Get rid of him..

What is a GOP?

Go saints in '09!
battye
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:

What is a GOP?
"Good Ordinary Player"

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps we could have him on a one season contract, with him to be traded to the club of his choice next trade week, with a deal sewn up with that club now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Perhaps we could have him on a one season contract, with him to be traded to the club of his choice next trade week, with a deal sewn up with that club now.
Do we ask him or just do it.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:

What is a GOP?
A pussy Saintsational term :lol:

sasaint
Club Player

Can't believe the number of people happy to see Bally go. Have a look at the Grand Final. He played a great game, particularly when Lenny was tagged out. Luke isn't a flashy player, but we need the in and under, tough nut players to get hold of the ball and deliver it to the outside players. And for those people that say that Bally can't kick... would they also dump Lenny and have dumped Harve's in the past as well! :shock:

Patience young grasshopper