The funny thing about Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The funny thing about Raph

Is that not only does he have a lot of bashers but seems to have a lot of defenders as well, me included.

To me this shows that the bloke has obviously shown something worth investing in and I'm keen to see what he can next season.

If anything, the one thing in common that GT and RL seem to have is a faith in Raph.

2010 might be make or break for him, but I believe in him.

Bad management is bad management
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: The funny thing about Raph

SydneySainter wrote:Is that not only does he have a lot of bashers but seems to have a lot of defenders as well, me included.

To me this shows that the bloke has obviously shown something worth investing in and I'm keen to see what he can next season.

If anything, the one thing in common that GT and RL seem to have is a faith in Raph.

2010 might be make or break for him, but I believe in him.
I agree.

BJ, Blake, Mini, Farren have all copped and have risen above the crap.

I confess that I was a big critic of BJ but also believed that he could play if his confidence grew and I am glad that he has become an excellent footballer.

While it is sad that X has gone, it might just be the tonic for both of them, similar to the Wakelins.

Good luck to both Clarke brothers.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 09 Oct 2009 2:03am, edited 1 time in total.

HarveysDeciple

Re: The funny thing about Raph

SydneySainter wrote:Is that not only does he have a lot of bashers but seems to have a lot of defenders as well, me included.

One tends to create the other sadly.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Raph has alot of bashers and defenders because his best football and worst football are a long long way apart.

I'm not a basher or defender, it should be as simple as if he performs well he's in the best 22, if not, he isn't. Simple.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

his greatest strength is his strength.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Unfortunately when you loose or do something from your past ie Roo missing goals and Raph gets caught with the ball everyone brings up that past, its just life.

Before Im 85