Interesting fact on Peake...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Interesting fact on Peake...

The year he finished 3rd in Freo's B & F (2006), was actually the year Fremantle made a preliminary final!

The Saints are coming!
ThePunter
Club Player

He's probably a front runner, as is Lovett, but that may just be what we need. Players who will capitalise on other players' dominance.

They're both at St Kilda now, so I'll be cheering them on.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Well he should get 2nd in the B&F next year. 8-)

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Beekay wrote:Well he should get 2nd in the B&F next year. 8-)
Yup, right behind Eljay 8-)

The more I think about it, the more I can see him being handy. As The Punter suggested, we could do with a couple of "outside" front-running types like Peake and Lovett - they really would put the cherry on top!

The Saints are coming!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Are all outside midfielders frontrunners?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ThePunter
Club Player

I would describe Leigh Montagna as an outside midfielder, but definitely not a front runner.

Peake's B&F record suggests that he may be a front runner.

While at Essendon, Lovett seemed to only play well when Essendon played well (look at the back to back Essendon Friday nights this year v Carlton and Collingwood).

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Provides argument to my mates theory that he would be good in a good team.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Based on the above logic, Peake will have a great year in our "great" team.

As long he's not expected to win games on his own... there's nothing wrong with that.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Peake's numbers should improve here. He's coming from the second lowest possession side in the comp to one of the higher possession sides. He's not likely to top 77% game time here, but he would be unlikely to get significantly less than that. Hopefully, like Farren Ray before him, the change in atmosphere will mean he does better in contests. At his best, he shortens the field with long runs and long kicks. He kicks goals from the midfield. Let's hope he brings his best.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Milton66
SS Life Member

vacuous space wrote:Peake's numbers should improve here. He's coming from the second lowest possession side in the comp to one of the higher possession sides. He's not likely to top 77% game time here, but he would be unlikely to get significantly less than that. Hopefully, like Farren Ray before him, the change in atmosphere will mean he does better in contests. At his best, he shortens the field with long runs and long kicks. He kicks goals from the midfield. Let's hope he brings his best.
Can he play fwd?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

you cant judge anyone on what happens at freo. freo are not a real football team.

mustangjack
Club Player

I for one was not in favor to extend the bench . Now bring it on,2 extra goal kicking speed demons on the bench :D

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Milton66 wrote:Can he play fwd?
I wouldn't think so. He's never really demonstarted the ground level ability you'd want from him up forward and he's not really a marking sort of player either. Generally, he's the sort of player who gets fed the ball because he'll run and carry. Most of his goals come from long shots.

My thought is that we'll now rotate Goddard, Lovett and maybe Dal Santo through that sixth forward slot - the medium role that everyone talks about.

If Peake doesn't wind up in the wing position he's so familiar with, I think he might be a defensive option. He's been given defensive roles before, and been able to shut down players without taking himself out of the game completely. He's got a fairly big body and is very mobile. There are options, but I wouldn't think up front is one of them.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:you cant judge anyone on what happens at freo. freo are not a real football team.
Agreed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:you cant judge anyone on what happens at freo. freo are not a real football team.
the only time they ever were a football team - in 2006 - he looked OK.

I a good team he may be alright. Like many - he probably struggles in an ordinary team.

pavlich is about the only one who doesn't struggle in the team.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saints11
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
the only time they ever were a football team - in 2006 - he looked OK.

I a good team he may be alright. Like many - he probably struggles in an ordinary team.

pavlich is about the only one who doesn't struggle in the team.
Sandilands? Palmer? Hasleby?

Saints43
Club Player

Peakey has played the 48th most games of all Freo players in the entire history of the club.