Please enlighten Rip Van Winkle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Please enlighten Rip Van Winkle

Hi SSers

As some of you know, I flew out of the country a matter of hours after the final siren on GF day, and have only just returned. I didn't have much access to the intranet, so, alas, I was unable to join in the collective weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth on here following the GF.

Perusing the GF aftermath threads on here, I was struck by the restraint shown by almost all concerned. Well done. A bit of the obligatory Raph-bashing: in some ways fair enough, as he had a mongrel of a game. But surprisingly little vitriol on the whole.

I guess we all knew by three quarter time that we had squandered too many good opportunities and that we would be lucky to get away with it. We really don't kick well enough for goal across the board. I thought Schneider was our most reliable kick, but not alas in the GF.

Apart from our kicking, it was obvious that we were the better team overall. Apart from Raph, everyone went pretty well IMO: even Dempster, who I thought proved me wrong in saying he was a dud selection.

Anyway, that's definitely spilt milk now. So I'm trying hard to get up to date with what's been happening. I have picked up the trade for Lovett: a great bit of work by Lyon/Drain/etc.: he's a first-rate talent and I can't believe that the Bombers would want to let him go!!

I'm sorry to see Ball leaving, but there seems to be a rift between coach and player, which is unsustainable.

I'm a bit confused about other developments, and would appreciate being put in the picture. Has Max retired? Is Goose going to be traded? Are we really after Andrejs Everitt (and, if so, why?).

Cheers to all

MB

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Lyon was sacked and Grant Thomas has returned.

Already we have had six soft tissue injuries.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Lyon was sacked and Grant Thomas has returned.

Jason Blake and Adam Schneider have taken over ruck duties.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Hamill is two weeks away from resuming.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The Who are coming to Australia, Meher.

Few line up changes:

Out: Pete Townshend In: Simon Townsend

Out: Roger Daltrey In: Gwyneth Paltrow

Max has retired. No other club seems to want Goose...yet. X-man reported to be traded to Brisbane, believe that when I see it.

I think most people were numb and in disbelief after the GF. It has taken me nearly two weeks to watch The Winners version of the game on Foxtel.

Didn't read a paper or watch any Footy Shows after the game.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Max announced his retirement at the 'family day' which was on the sunday after the gf

Fev nominated saints but reports are that no one is interested. Slight murmering from the swans and pies though. Nothing from the saints.

Saints got Lovett for 1st round pick.

Ball wants to leave the saints despite being offered a 3 year deal. Nominated pies. Saints are requesting a player in exchange.

Saints are 'linked' with Everitt and Peake

X clarke linked with lions for 4th round pick??

shmic_s
Club Player

MB. Yes maxie has retired. Announced it in the wake of the loss.

The Goose looks to not be done at the saints just yet.

I too thought that dempster had justified his selection in the gf. But our players can hold the heads high. I think most supporters knew this and maybe why the forum was 'kind'. :wink:

Everitt is an interesting one. Might help in releasing gilbert, fisher, goddard up the ground a little bit. We do have a few of his type of player, but the way the game is played these days you can't have to many of the skillful tall defending/attacking flanker/wingman types!

IN:

Lovett
Goose

OUT:

Max

bigred
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Lyon was sacked and Grant Thomas has returned.

I heard he borrowed six million from the Prez.

Andrew McQualter and Steven Milne have been delisted.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Rip Van Winkle got beaten by a short half head in this years Inter Dominion !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!