The Positives??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

The Positives??

Whilst we all hate the fact that Lukey is now leaving, it could be worth looking at the positives -

Firstly, he will free up our salary cap to allow us to chase a bigger fish, ie Fevola, Burgoyne, Kerr.

Secondly, it will give the right opportunity for the likes of Armo and Steven to step up - i can really picture Steven running around and diving under packs whilst wearing a mud-covered #14 on his back...

Thirdly, i feel this resonates the message sent to the players by Ross Lyon in in post-match speech... Could this possibly bring the group closer as they push for the ultimate success?

I don't know... i'm pretty blown away by the fact he is gone... i just hope we can make a good deal and move on, but it is sad to see him go. Good luck in the future Luke...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sad to see a great warrior of our club leave.

However I think we can use this to our advantage big time as this gives us currency at the trade table.

We're after that second premiership,and possibly Ball was a spent force with the club. Armo and Geary can give us more next year than what Ball did in 09. Then throw in a new recruit from the Ball trade and we have bettered our list in our assault at the 2010 flag

Bring back the Lockett era
Gilbert The Great
Club Player

mabe part of his reasoning was seeing the closing gap between him and our developing players

gooner
Club Player

Deep down (or not) we all have known for the last few years that he was probably never going to recapture the form of years past. (I have the same feeling about Goose but lets leave that for another post.)

Next season we will have a ready made replacement in in Armo who I reckon will give us at least 90% of what Bally will at about 40% of his salary. That sounds like good list management to me.

And lets not forget that under Ross we are all about the system not the individual players.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis