Goose Maguire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jody Arnol
Club Player

Goose Maguire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Question-
Why do all you clowns (most of you are self rightous know it alls) think that the St Kilda Football Club should trade Matthew Maguire??????????

Ross Lyon stated earlier in the year that he was a required St Kilda footballer and that he is a 'bona fide' AFL (not vfl) player.

My guess is it was planned from the beginning of the year between coach, player and staff that Goose will spend the year in the magoos purely to concentrate on his football, in the hope his horrrific leg break will endure a season of football less the added pressure and the media microscope of playing in the one's.

Is Jason Blake a better footballer than Matt Maguire? I dont think so! Did anyone see the size of Goose and finals training?? The club with the backing of the coach has invested alot of time and money in Goose and I for one will not accept his best has past him by! His leg has stood up! Now give him a chance. Did anyone take note or ask why he was in the goal square with Kosi during training taking very strong over head marks the other day.

All you so called armed chair experts simply need to grow a brain and look at the bigger picture!

Milton66
SS Life Member

Luv your style. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

He may want to leave, because of lack of opportunities.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I agree in part you feisty little nudger.

But Goose must have injury quessie marks over his ability to compete at this level, his form in VFL was at worst poor and at best fair to middling, and the sad reality is that you simply can't keep people on the list if you don't think they can cut it at elite level.

I hope Goose can play a role for us.

But if we can get the mid sized quick fwd we need for him a decision will need to be made. Not like we are light on for mobile backs...

We will see.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
reincarnated

Re: Goose Maguire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jody Arnol wrote:Question-
Why do all you clowns (most of you are self rightous know it alls) think that the St Kilda Football Club should trade Matthew Maguire??????????

Ross Lyon stated earlier in the year that he was a required St Kilda footballer and that he is a 'bona fide' AFL (not vfl) player.

My guess is it was planned from the beginning of the year between coach, player and staff that Goose will spend the year in the magoos purely to concentrate on his football, in the hope his horrrific leg break will endure a season of football less the added pressure and the media microscope of playing in the one's.

Is Jason Blake a better footballer than Matt Maguire? I dont think so! Did anyone see the size of Goose and finals training?? The club with the backing of the coach has invested alot of time and money in Goose and I for one will not accept his best has past him by! His leg has stood up! Now give him a chance. Did anyone take note or ask why he was in the goal square with Kosi during training taking very strong over head marks the other day.

All you so called armed chair experts simply need to grow a brain and look at the bigger picture!
Reincarnated thinks that you need to grow a brain and look at the bigger picture.

He did not play at all this year. He played in the reserves and had a few injuries. Jason Blake and Matt Maguire play different roles. Jason Blake has a tank - Maguire does not. Matt Maguire had the turning circle of an elephant - Blake does not.

If Maguire was a bona fide AFL player why was he not playing in the AFL with us at all?

On the flipside of course Reincarnated can speculate at what our medical staff has said to Maguire and company about his leg etc etc. It could all be part of the longer term plan to get him back fit and accustomed to running around aggressibely for 2 hours.

Recarnated guesses we will all find out in around a week.

aussiejones
Club Player

"Did anyone see the size of Goose and finals training?? The club with the backing of the coach has invested alot of time and money in Goose and I for one will not accept his best has past him by! His leg has stood up! Now give him a chance. Did anyone take note or ask why he was in the goal square with Kosi during training taking very strong over head marks the other day."

If he is fit and does a good pre season he will get opportunities in 2010.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Interesting post. I, for one, would love nothing more than for Goose to stay.

However, have you actually been to see him play for Sandringham this year? I have on several occasions and if you take the emotion out of the decision, he does have some question marks. His closing speed is the biggest one. Each to their own.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I loved the way Goose used to play but even I don't want to see him wasted at Sandy if I were him I'd be looking elsewhere if they dont play him.

Jason Blake is an all rounder, and more adaptable thats why the coaches love him. Matt is your old fashioned stay at home chb with booming kick up the ground. Most of the saints attack starts with rebound defence now -with lots of short passes to running players until a target becomes available.

Goose needs grooming into an extra forward if he stays at the saints -incase one of Kosi or Roo go down.

Legendary
Club Player

Jody Arnol wrote:
Is Jason Blake a better footballer than Matt Maguire? I dont think so!
Yes, he is.

Did you watch any of Maguire's football this year? He wasn't in the top half-dozen players in the ground in the VFL except on a couple of occasions. Jason Blake played every game in the best defence in the AFL.

He has lost too much pace to play as a defender, he doesn't have the defensive skills in these days where being quick and having a long reach are the only two option open to a defender.

St Kilda has a raft of options for defensive positions - Fisher, Gilbert, Dawson, Blake, Dempster and Miles .... Maguire is behind all of these players.

He won't play next year with St Kilda. He is too affected by his injuries, and the way AFL football is now played does not leave him with a position.

He's gone, and I hope we trade him because at least we will get something of value for him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

goods
Club Player

Just heard from a carlton insider he is going to Carlton...

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Maguire will go NOWHERE! The club will stick with him in the way that they needed to stick with Joel Smith.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
goods
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Maguire will go NOWHERE! The club will stick with him in the way that they needed to stick with Joel Smith.
and what if maguire wants to leave? Carlton need him

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

!
We don't.

However IF Goose is not likely to be able to break into the 22 the Club may do the right thing by him and let him play elsewhere.

The equation could be whether Goose is happy to stay on as possibly a "back-up" player that may get a game if players are injured....with some chance of pushing past them.

vs almost guaranteed senior football at other teams who lack for key defenders.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:Just heard from a carlton insider he is going to Carlton...
Just heard he is going to the Gold Coast Titans......

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
goods
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Well I wish him luck...sad to loose him if we do.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Well I wish him luck...sad to loose him if we do.
yeah - being groomed as a second rower.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
vacuous space
SS Life Member

goods wrote:and what if maguire wants to leave? Carlton need him
Carlton, Hawthorn, maybe Essednon, maybe the Western Bulldogs. There could be a lot of interest in him if he decides he wants to move. Those clubs are going to have to satisfy us. Visy can't just throw dollars at Goose, because if he goes PSD, he's not going to get to Carlton. They need to make a trade worth our while.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Red
Club Player

Jason Blake is a far better player than Goose at the moment.

He plays on both talls and smalls and rarely gets beaten.

Others in the back line get the credit, but playing as a loose man and coming

over the top is a lot easier than standing the better players in the comp.

Goose didn't dominate in the seconds, what makes anybody think he would

in the firsts?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Just heard he's going to Southland. All the best with that Goose.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
yeah - being groomed as a second rower.

And would go allright to. :D

Schillaci
Club Player

We'll see. I reckon he'll stay Mr. 6 posts.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated thinks that you need to grow a brain and look at the bigger picture.

He did not play at all this year. He played in the reserves and had a few injuries. Jason Blake and Matt Maguire play different roles. Jason Blake has a tank - Maguire does not. Matt Maguire had the turning circle of an elephant - Blake does not.

If Maguire was a bona fide AFL player why was he not playing in the AFL with us at all?

On the flipside of course Reincarnated can speculate at what our medical staff has said to Maguire and company about his leg etc etc. It could all be part of the longer term plan to get him back fit and accustomed to running around aggressibely for 2 hours.

why would you talk in the 3rd person like a dic? totally makes all your veiws look like a 4 year old wrestling fan wrote them....

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
sax
Club Player

jimmy_slats wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated thinks that you need to grow a brain and look at the bigger picture.

why would you talk in the 3rd person like a dic? totally makes all your veiws look like a 4 year old wrestling fan wrote them....

Coz it thinks it's something special!!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

yeah - being groomed as a second rower.[/quote]

Is that the game where 1 bloke pushes 2 blokes up 3 blokes @&%#s ? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!