In hindsight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

In hindsight

Had a good think about the game, a great effort overall and we let Geelong get out of jail in the end, but forwards have to nail easy goals -they didn't. Generally looking at where we go next, we have talls in Gards, King and Kosi, and McEvoy needs to take one of those positons in 2010. Milne has proven beyond all doubt that he hasn't got the ticker for finals and his position needs to go to Steven, Armo or Geary. I have been saying leading up to and during the finals, that our weakness will be a lack a strong half forward flanker and it sure was. I believe RL should have persisted with Gwilt on the half forward line, and earlier in the season, we looked a lot better balanced when Gwilt and Geary were in the team. I don't know what to do with Kosi, he is too one-dimensional at full forward and we need to probably groom Goddard at full forward as we need a good strong medium size forward down there rather than a ruck/forward like Kosi. NDS has shown he has great skills but no overdrive gear- we really need the mids to get amongst the goals, and for that reason I think Armo must be in the midfield next season and even move Lenny to the half forward line for a bit more grunt beside Roo. We did well and earned a lot of respect, but it means nothing until we bring it home in 2010.

nobhead
Club Player

good post

well said we had a few passengers and didnt take our chances .need the whole 22 doing ther bit unfornatuly that didnt happen.geary ,gwilt steven,armo ,mcevoy and tom lynch have to push up for selection imo

wallbanger
Club Player

Well said.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Spert you should be an assistant coach, some good choices there, the future is bright!

Before Im 85
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

There is upside and your suggested improvements are all pretty simple things, aren't they.

Armo and Gwilt - time to shine, boys. Start training... Fitter, faster, stronger and you may well be in a premiership team...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

In hindsight we should have won. The Saints let Geelong out of jail. I'm still trying to figure that one out like everyone else.

Another opportunity awaits!