Well done Jason Blake-pledge your support

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Well done Jason Blake-pledge your support

He is one of two players to play all 24 games (Farren Ray is the other) and also plays 100% of the game nearly every week.

He plays in a high pressure role deep in defence. Not the tallest, not the fastest, not the most skilled but with a heart as big as Moorabbin.

He survived so many coaching changes and continually gets selected so they see something in him that some of this detractors don't.

I am a big fan of Blake and I believe if every Saint maximised their potential in the way that Jason Blake does, we would romp it in tomorrow.

Go Blakey
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 25 Sep 2009 2:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Agree. Have to admire the guy. Has persisted and persisted and turned himself into what I reckon is the embodiment of a GOP. And as you say, a huge heart.

GrumpyOne

st.byron wrote:Agree. Have to admire the guy. Has persisted and persisted and turned himself into what I reckon is the embodiment of a GOP. And as you say, a huge heart.
And a motor to match.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

+1.

He's really found his spot, has the Blake.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well I have to admit that a number of years back I thought that we would not make a Grand Final with Blake in the team

Not so much due to himself, but that it would mean that our 22 was not good or deep enough.

Blake alway had great endeavour, a great tank....and was always sensational timer of when to run and create space. But decision making, footskills and ability under pressure were sometimes wanting.

However Blake has improved as a player, and settled into the backline he now has a role that suits him well.

His skills have improved (is a very good spoiler) as has his decision making and his rabbit in the headlight moments which were once commonplace are now rare.

I thought back then that he had platued as a player. So on that I was wrong. But I think a large part of the credit also goes to Ross who seems to have made most of our plkayers better, with onlya few such as Fior fulling by the wayside.

It seems to be that if like Blake (or Mini) you have a steely will to work and improve that under Ross you will have thrived.

Congrats Blakey.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
claystreet
Club Player

Love The Blake

GO YOU GOOD THING!!!

CARN SAINTERS!!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Has been a whipping boy for many years. Has endured and prospered

GO BLAKEY !!

GO SAINTS !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Well I have to admit that a number of years back I thought that we would not make a Grand Final with Blake in the team

Not so much due to himself, but that it would mean that our 22 was not good or deep enough.

Blake alway had great endeavour, a great tank....and was always sensational timer of when to run and create space. But decision making, footskills and ability under pressure were sometimes wanting.

However Blake has improved as a player, and settled into the backline he now has a role that suits him well.

His skills have improved (is a very good spoiler) as has his decision making and his rabbit in the headlight moments which were once commonplace are now rare.

I thought back then that he had platued as a player. So on that I was wrong. But I think a large part of the credit also goes to Ross who seems to have made most of our plkayers better, with onlya few such as Fior fulling by the wayside.

It seems to be that if like Blake (or Mini) you have a steely will to work and improve that under Ross you will have thrived.

Congrats Blakey.
+1 Go The Blake!!!

esaint66
SS Life Member

Have always been a fan of Blake's, Make us proud blakey :D

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Love the way he never leaves anything in the tank top worker. GO BLAKE.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Maybe not be the most skillful or quickest player, but he plays hard, tough and wears his heart on his sleeve.

JB, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Just in case the night time posters would like to support Blakey, I'm pushing this on the main page.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Justin Blake bleeds red white and black, he gives 110% every week.
He is sort of player a lot of clubs wish they had.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:Justin Blake bleeds red white and black, he gives 110% every week.
Justin Blake?

He will always be "The Blake" to me. It does away with any confusion regarding his Christian name.

Gotta love the Blake!

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Justin Blake bleeds red white and black, he gives 110% every week.
Justin Blake?

He will always be "The Blake" to me. It does away with any confusion regarding his Christian name.

Gotta love the Blake!
The bloke who does the raffles in the Victory Room - I don't think he's ever called him Jason, it's always Justin.

:lol:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I used to always wonder why we played the guy? He doesn't do anything I used to think.

I WAS WRONG

A disciplined and solid defender if ever there was one, a true trier and stayer who does his job well every week.

GO THE BLAKE

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Milton66
SS Life Member

go go Gadget man!

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SaintDebi
Club Player

Go Blakey!

saint3d
Club Player

Jason Blake is the poster child for the 'effort > talent' brand of team selection. The one thing you know you will always get from Blake is 100% effort.

I ♥ Blake.