GEEEZZ THESE CATS ARE GETTING COCKY!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CORDZ
Club Player

GEEEZZ THESE CATS ARE GETTING COCKY!!!

Anyone noticed how smug Geelong players (and especially supporters) are being this week. "We love the wet" "We love the G" "Stevie's back" "Go Gaz" "Lingies on Lenny" "We'll play our own game".
You've all forgotten about the relentless pressure of the St. Kilda machine that had you reaching for your spare jocks in round 14!!!!
Lets STUFF THESE PUSSIES ON SATURDAY BOYS!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

"That's ahh...quite a stutter you've got there, Ken!"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Meh, it's the press. Behind the sceens, they may be cocky, but all the guff you've listed is the media going nuts. Of course, they have memories like goldfish...not only have the forgotten that a couple weeks back Geelong hardly rated a mention and was almost certain to bow out of the finals, but that the Saints finished on top of the ladder with one of the all time great seasons. At least we know the score, and I'm sure the press will come Sunday too. :twisted:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saints lost 2 games by a combined total of 7 points or so.

they deserve to be the favourites going in, but they are by no means going to get an easy game.

tbh the cockier they are the better.

I hope the are cocky, lazy and arrogant, while we work hard.

let them believe all they have to do is turn up and collect their medallions, 10 minutes after lenny and ball have ground a few faces into the mud they won't be so cocky.

that said, they are an awesome team, highly disciplined and the bench mark for the last 3 years .

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I haven't really seen any players be cocky yet, not really?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, have not really thought any players were being cocky so far.

Has been a lot more media out of Geelong though, which is a good thing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

wait, what? didn't collingwood win on the weekend? :lol: :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Overall I think St Kilda's GF week public persona has been very workman-like and full of measured anticipation.

Geelong's build up has been very much 'been-there-done-that' and a little bit blase (at least accg to the interviews I've seen - Bomber, Ling and Mooney).

In the wash up, very little of any motivational import has been uttered.

Lyon has stated the obvious (as always) and Bomber has talked about his confidence in his players to be peaking at the right moment.

Fact remains Bomber always comes across as smug and arrogant. Whether or not he actually is those things is another thing altogether.

Personally I think way too many people are reading too much into Geelong's second half in their prelim. The Pies played their 'GF' in 30 degree heat against Adelaide the week before the semi. They spent a lot of juice trying to crack the Cats in the first half of the prelim but didn't take opportunities. When Cats got a roll going in the second half, the Pies were mentally and physically spent and rolled over. It was a very soft hour of football after that

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
StSteven
Club Player

Both clubs have handled it well IMO. Respect for each other.

Imagine if the Pies were in it.....Eddie etc. oh no!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Bartel is sounding the panic alarm for the Cats. Interesting article!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 32,00.html

My favourite line is this one: Bartel said it was not necessary for the club to win again on Saturday to prove itself.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
sainterjo
Club Player

Keep pumping up the Cats. It's not good for them at all.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Bartel is sounding the panic alarm for the Cats. Interesting article!

My favourite line is this one: Bartel said it was not necessary for the club to win again on Saturday to prove itself.
Interesting statement from him. Foxing or is that the first crack appearing?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Bartel is sounding the panic alarm for the Cats. Interesting article!

I liked the mention of St Kilda's 5 goal burst in R14, with the quote "We don't need to give them another five-goal head start like we did in the first five minutes..."...which is correct, they certainly wouldn't need it, but they won't get a say in it. From memory, it took Geelong the best part of two quarters to work out how to clear their defensive 50. :D

mullet
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

I liked the mention of St Kilda's 5 goal burst in R14, with the quote "We don't need to give them another five-goal head start like we did in the first five minutes..."...which is correct, they certainly wouldn't need it, but they won't get a say in it. From memory, it took Geelong the best part of two quarters to work out how to clear their defensive 50. :D
And a very soft 50 metres to Ablett :shock:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
degruch wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

And a very soft 50 metres to Ablett :shock:
Which we can expect to see again, unfortunately. :x

I've invited people around, so I will less inclined to swear and kick my TV set in.