Awesome Match ups all over the ground.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Awesome Match ups all over the ground.....

Key Pos Players
Kosi..........Scarlett
Riewoldt.......Taylor
Mooney........Dawson
Hawkins........Blake

Small fwds/Backs
Schnieder.......Enright
Milne.........Kelly
Varcoe/Stokes......Baker
Chapman.....Dempster

Role Players
McQualter.........Harley
Rooke............Sam Fisher

Rebounders
Goddard...........Mackie
Raph...............Millburn

Runners
Corey............Ray
Selwood............Gram/Ball

Taggers vs
Jones.............Ablett
Ling...............Dal Santo

Head to Head
Bartel.............Hayes
Montagna........Byrnes

Rucks
Gardiner.........Blake
Ottens.............King

Key Match up
Gilbert............Johnson

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

can't argue with that - absolutely salivating at the ptrospect of this match now!!!! Looking forward tro Saturday

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Interestingly, Bomber talked about bringing in Stokes because of his self sacrificing act of putting his hand up that he was injured last week. Not sure which of their small crumbing forwards we will be contending with this week....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cant see baker keeping up with varcoe imo

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Im not sure that they will send Ling to Dal Santo...
It seems the most likely, and his september form warrants it, but the way Lenny has been playing, surely Bomber Thompson would have to be thinking to send Ling to Lenny.

Carpe Diem
gosaints
Club Player

Unforgiven wrote:Im not sure that they will send Ling to Dal Santo...
It seems the most likely, and his september form warrants it, but the way Lenny has been playing, surely Bomber Thompson would have to be thinking to send Ling to Lenny.
Will definately be interesting to see which way they go. Lenny is obviously the heart and soul of our midfield but Dal is the one who can cut them up if he gets half a chance. I also think they would see Dal as the easier player to tag out of a game.

Dal has been great this finals series. He was one I was concerned about being able to bring his A game in finals intensity, but he has so far passed with flying colours.

For us I find the toughest match-up to be Chapman. I think Dempster is our best option if he does come into the side. If not then who is our next best bet??

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

gosaints wrote:
Will definately be interesting to see which way they go. Lenny is obviously the heart and soul of our midfield but Dal is the one who can cut them up if he gets half a chance. I also think they would see Dal as the easier player to tag out of a game.

Dal has been great this finals series. He was one I was concerned about being able to bring his A game in finals intensity, but he has so far passed with flying colours.

For us I find the toughest match-up to be Chapman. I think Dempster is our best option if he does come into the side. If not then who is our next best bet??
Dal was f****** awesome on Friday....If they tag Lenny, Dal will dominate and Lenny will still have a strong impact
If they tag Dal then Lenny will dominate and Dal will have a lesser impact. So here's hoping they tag Lenny

matrix
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
gosaints wrote:

Dal was f****** awesome on Friday....If they tag Lenny, Dal will dominate and Lenny will still have a strong impact
If they tag Dal then Lenny will dominate and Dal will have a lesser impact. So here's hoping they tag Lenny
pigs ass
im dropping 100bills on the len dog to Norm up :!:

SaintHomer
Club Player

i just did this exact same exercise with mate (who is a cats supporter). we both agree it has massive potential.

most matchups were similar, and i agree the two tags will be jones on ablett and ling on dal.

i think baker should go to chappy. like aker, he is a potential match winner (dominated last week and should have got norm smith in 07). its a hugely important matchup for us.

our small forwards i schneider and milne must produce. cats have chappy and johnson getting the crumb goals, we need a lift from our boys.

gosaints
Club Player

SaintHomer wrote: i think baker should go to chappy. like aker, he is a potential match winner (dominated last week and should have got norm smith in 07). its a hugely important matchup for us.
I worry about Chapmans strength overhead with the Bakes matchup.
Bakes has struggled on those types in the past. Bakes has been great so far in the finals and I think he will get Byrnes / Varcoe / Stokes depending on who plays.
I think we need a bigger, stronger matchup for Chapman. Who else other than Dempster is an option?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

gosaints wrote:
SaintHomer wrote: i think baker should go to chappy. like aker, he is a potential match winner (dominated last week and should have got norm smith in 07). its a hugely important matchup for us.
I worry about Chapmans strength overhead with the Bakes matchup.
Bakes has struggled on those types in the past. Bakes has been great so far in the finals and I think he will get Byrnes / Varcoe / Stokes depending on who plays.
I think we need a bigger, stronger matchup for Chapman. Who else other than Dempster is an option?
Raph? I think he would enjoy the challenge, it would be a real show of faith in him from the coaching staff